Any Scrapbookers out there? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 09-05-2004, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey gals, Long time lurker(formerly Naturalmommie, with 2 m's, probably's with email, blah, anyway!).

Looking for fellow scrapbookers out there. Maybe we could post some pages we have done. Has anyone ever been published? I havn't, but hope to some day. anyway hope there are some of you out there!
#2 of 40 Old 09-05-2004, 12:05 PM

I am a scrapbooker. I have never been published, but have 20+ albums done. I've been scrapbooking since 1995. I love it!! Unfortunately I haven't been scrapbooking too much lately for lack of time, but I hope to do some more in the near future. I've always been current on my pictures until I got pg with ds - now I'm about a year behind!!!
#3 of 40 Old 09-05-2004, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

WOW 20 albums! that's a lot. I have been scrapping for about two year I guess. I have about 5 albums going right now. Let me see if I can find the link for some of my pages.
#4 of 40 Old 09-05-2004, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

http://twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?c...yout_id=229069

This is one of my favorite layouts. It looks a bit weird because of the stretching from the scanner and "stiching" the layout together. Anyway, I would love to see your work!
#5 of 40 Old 09-05-2004, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm working on a mini album for a friend's new baby right now. I did 6 pages last night. It's been months since I have scrapbooked, I got side tracked with other projects.

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
#6 of 40 Old 09-05-2004, 05:40 PM

I just started up again! I've found that the secret to getting any scrapping done is...the store crop! It's worth the money to get the time and space to work. No busy hands grabbing my paper. At home, I don't have a space to work.

I'm still working on my first album, but it sure is fun. Never considered submitting for pub, but maybe someday. I like the layouts in Creating Keepsakes...

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

#7 of 40 Old 09-05-2004, 06:40 PM

I love to scrapbook, too.
Here is my online album:
http://gallery.lifetimemoments.com/s...hen=&whenterm=
I don't think I have the desire to be published, but I really love my pages.
#8 of 40 Old 09-06-2004, 08:51 AM

I'm on board! Although I've only done a few layouts and some pages so far. I've been making cards with my stuff, mostly...

My MIL got me going--it's her passion and she brings us a few new pages every few months, mostly concentrating on our dd, who is her only grandchild. So now that she's got me hooked, I have bought a ton of supplies and need to get something done.

What I'd really like to do is start a book for dd that's more personal, maybe like a journal, but with some photos and embellishments added....that's one of my goals. She recently turned 2, so I better get started!!!

#9 of 40 Old 09-06-2004, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

wow! I'm so glad there are more of you out there! Norfolk Mommy, Love you pages! Very nice! ANyone else want to share? How did you scan then so good?

Holli, mind sharing your published layout? I love to scraplift, I use the Becky Higgins sketches alot and then they seem to take on a life of their own, lol. I have her sketch book which is great for scrappers block.

I love going to the store crops, I too find that it's the only time I can really work.
#10 of 40 Old 09-06-2004, 12:22 PM

I don't know if I could really be considered a scrapper. I rarely complete layouts. I mostly just love all the supplies and pretty cardstock. Maybe someday when my kids are a little bigger, I'll actually sit down and work on some of the albums I've started. I also have a whole room and seperate computer dedicated to scrapping.
#11 of 40 Old 09-06-2004, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drea2447
I don't know if I could really be considered a scrapper. I rarely complete layouts. I mostly just love all the supplies and pretty cardstock. Maybe someday when my kids are a little bigger, I'll actually sit down and work on some of the albums I've started. I also have a whole room and seperate computer dedicated to scrapping.

Sounds like your a scrapper to me, LOL. I knew a girl who only bought supplies, I don't think in the 9 monthes I knew she scrapped did she ever complete a page! I love Qwik cutz, (Sp?) I don't have it but would like to get it someday, or the sizzlet machine, those are cool. I went to a day long crop and they had both for everone to use, it was very neat.
#12 of 40 Old 09-06-2004, 11:28 PM

I love Quikutz also. I haven't bought one because there are way to many fonts to go with it. I would be seriously in debt if I had one of those. I did have a Sissix though. I sold it on ebay cause it was just too heavy and took up too much room. Did you know that you can use the Quickutz dies on a Sissix? I really prefer to use computer fonts and print them out in reverse on my cardstock and cut with an exacto knife. It's like therapy for me and I have alot more options. Lately I've been itching to work on something, but I know that once I use something I need to go out and buy ten things to replace it. Oh yeah, and I've also got this major yarn/knitting supply addiction too, so it gets really expensive if I use anything. I'm definitely a hoarder
#13 of 40 Old 09-07-2004, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

I still have a huge bag of stuff that I bought and havn't used. I really need to get scrapping. too bad we don't live near each other! I'm trying to get together with my sil to scrap, she's just starting out.

I heard that about the sizzix that you can use it with the qwik cutz, how cool. I love all the fonts!
#14 of 40 Old 09-07-2004, 08:00 PM

Yay fellow scrappers!

I have a travel album, a wedding album (done with the proofs), a remoldeling album, and a dd album. Also I am starting a Our Family album. These are all work in progress since I can always add travel, we always remodel!, and dd changes everday before my eyes.
The wedding is the only final album since I do not plan on doing that again...

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#15 of 40 Old 09-07-2004, 09:33 PM

Count me in among the scrapbookers!! I don't have any finished albums, but I'm working on lots of them!! I also love stamping (sell my cards in a gift shop here in Toronto), and sell embellishments for paper arts in my online store.

Nice to "meet" some others!!

Naomi in Toronto
#16 of 40 Old 09-07-2004, 09:49 PM

I don't have albums to show yet that are done but I've almost finished my daughter's birth album from June. I'd love to share and chat about it!

Lulu
etreLulu - AIM
#17 of 40 Old 09-07-2004, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluCarnes
I don't have albums to show yet that are done but I've almost finished my daughter's birth album from June. I'd love to share and chat about it!

Lulu
etreLulu - AIM

Please do share it...we'd all love to see it!
#18 of 40 Old 09-07-2004, 11:49 PM

I am a scrapper! I am taking classes once a month where I live. It's so much fun!

Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMomie
Hey gals, Long time lurker(formerly Naturalmommie, with 2 m's, probably's with email, blah, anyway!).

Looking for fellow scrapbookers out there. Maybe we could post some pages we have done. Has anyone ever been published? I havn't, but hope to some day. anyway hope there are some of you out there!
#19 of 40 Old 09-08-2004, 02:02 AM

I'm a scrapbooker too! I've been scrapbooking for 10 years now! LOL
Here some of my layouts
http://www.mytreasurequestforum.com/...45&password=me
Sorry about the long link.
If you click on one of my layouts and then click on "see users other photo's" you can see ones that were in different catagories. I even have homebirth and breastfeeding layouts posted! LOL
Tam
#20 of 40 Old 09-08-2004, 09:13 AM

Hey Y'all! I just joined mothering.com and was so excited to see this thread. I have been cropping for 11 years. I decided that I did not have enough photos of my own to do , so I started my own business making scrapbooks for other people. It really is therapy for me, we hs 3 kids, I am a sah mom to Alex 8, Spencer 6, and Zoe 3. I have recently started playing with computer scrapbooking. My pages have turned out ok, I just really love the tactile experience of paper, hammers, fun stuff like that. I am a scraplifter too and would like to share what I have done, but don't have a website.
#21 of 40 Old 09-08-2004, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Momma24, those pages are great! Traciy2, you can scan and post your layouts at Twopeasinabucket.com and then create your own little photo gallary. It's really easy. I have two kids, 5 and 2. I have about 6 albums going right now. I'm trying to do them in order by year, but it's hard, LOL.

Ps. They used this chat in the newsletter for MDC! Thought that was cool!
#22 of 40 Old 09-08-2004, 10:09 AM

I'm a scrapbooker!
I'm not very creative, though. I'm trying so hard to catch up right now, so I'm mostly just sticking photos on pretty paper. My son is 2 years old, and I've only scrapbooked four months of his life so far! Part of the problem is that I took tons of photos of my son, and I feel like I have to use every single good photo that I have! I need to buy another scrapbook. His first four months have filled up an entire 12 x 12 album!
I'll be going to an all-day crop next month, so I hope to get a lot of pages done then!

Sorry, I can't show you any of my pages. I don't put family photos in public places (like bulletin boards).

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#23 of 40 Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMomie
Momma24, those pages are great! Traciy2, you can scan and post your layouts at Twopeasinabucket.com and then create your own little photo gallary. !
Thanks NaturalMomie!
Ya know anyone can post their layouts on most scrapbooking message boards. If you go to the gallery and then members, you can start your own gallery. I happen to have a vested interest in www.mytreasurequest.com but lifetime moments and 2peas are cool too.
Tam
#24 of 40 Old 09-08-2004, 11:54 AM

Hi Everyone. Your layouts are great Tam! I wish that I could go to a crop. I always feel like I could get so much done there. I've never been to one and don't even know what I would take. I have sooooo many supplies. I even have a rolling Crop-in-Style Navigator. I was planning to use it, but I just keep having babies and never have time to escape by myself. Maybe someday....
#25 of 40 Old 09-08-2004, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusdebi
I'm a scrapbooker!
I'm not very creative, though. I'm trying so hard to catch up right now, so I'm mostly just sticking photos on pretty paper. My son is 2 years old, and I've only scrapbooked four months of his life so far! Part of the problem is that I took tons of photos of my son, and I feel like I have to use every single good photo that I have! I need to buy another scrapbook. His first four months have filled up an entire 12 x 12 album!
I'll be going to an all-day crop next month, so I hope to get a lot of pages done then!
I'm in the same boat as far as being behind on dd's life photos, memory book, everything...(however, I am ruthless about picking through and only using the best photos, which makes it a little easier). When she was about a year old, I attended a mommies' luncheon group with a scrapbooking speaker who suggested that we start from the newest events and photos and try to keep current so you still have the details of the event in your head. Meanwhile, you organize the old photos into a safe box/album, make a few notes as to dates and details, and pull out a 'set' once in a while to do catch-up on the older ones....

For me this was great advice, but each person has their own methods that work--just thought I'd throw it out there.
#26 of 40 Old 09-08-2004, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

LOL, I have two of the CIS navagators, both filled to the brim, ha ha. keep telling myself to par down but can't seem to do it. I havn't gotten into stamping yet though. I do have alpha stamps, got them at Wallyworld (no flaming hehe) for $10! They have lots of cheap supplies. Target started growing their scrap section also. I am getting inspiration here, I may just crop this weekend, LOL! I think we need a scrapping smiley!

I would love to go to a CKU crop. Has anyone taken a CKU class?
#27 of 40 Old 09-09-2004, 11:21 PM

Another Scrapper Here- Like many of you, I have a toddler so I really don't get much done these days. All my pages were done before she could walk. here is the link: http://www.terrapintec.com/Marjorie/...ok_layouts.htm Someday I may get to get some more done. The only book I finished was a Disney ABC book for my then 4 yo nephew. It had all sorts of popups, doors, pull outs and fun stuff. I love to do action pages. I'd love to get published, just cause, I am thinking of submitting the title page to my dd's baby album, I think it is really unique. Anyway, I'm here too!
#28 of 40 Old 12-10-2004, 05:41 PM

Another scrapper here!! My dh owns a photography store so we have tons of pictures of our kids. I didnt start on my ds's scrapbook until he was 2 1/2. I got him caught up and then I had my dd. I am just now starting to get going again. My new fun thing is my dh has a xyron machine at work that makes anything into a sticker. It seems to help a lot with putting adhesive on pictures faster and with less mess. The next thing I want to invest in is a sizzix.
#29 of 40 Old 12-10-2004, 07:40 PM

*waves big foam finger*

I love to scrapbook! I only have one completed so far (as I bought ALL the supplies and let them sit around for a year) - it's of our honeymoon trip and turned our really well. I'm also working off and on on my dd's, and hope to start my ds's soon. I just made the both of them mini "scapbooks" for Christmas which was a blast.

operamommy

A happy woman
#30 of 40 Old 12-11-2004, 01:23 AM

I love scrapbooking but am not very familiar with all the neat techniques. I keep saying I'm going to go to one of the classes at a local store, but I always back out at the last minute.

I'd love to get more involved with it, though. Right now I'm working on calendars for my dd's grandparents for holiday gifts. I've really had a lot of fun with it.

All of you pages are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page