Question for those who use the Fern & Faerie pattern and/or the HSY pattern - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-16-2004, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How big does the Fern & Faerie pattern go to? Can you make a pair of pants in say, a 3T (about)? Is it very flexible as far as size goes? Is it difficult? I have the HSY pattern and it looks wonderful (just waiting for my yarn to come in), but I was thinking about the possibility that I might make a pair larger than that (not sure yet). And I have to admit, I'm a bit intimidated looking at the pattern. Please tell me it's not as difficult as I'm telling myself it must be. I have a feeling my first attempt isn't going to be pretty. :LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-16-2004, 10:50 PM

The F&F pattern is created with your own measurements--you plug the numbers in and it tells you how many stitches to use. It is a very simple pattern--the pattern looks much more intimidating that it actually is.

Have fun knitting!
#3 of 7 Old 09-16-2004, 11:04 PM

#4 of 7 Old 09-16-2004, 11:11 PM

I am currently using the HSY pattern (slightly modified) to make a pair of pants for my 4 yo (who wears a 3-4T). I just used the toddler size and added to it a bit for the waist and then just kept knitting the body until I got to her specific rise measurement. I'm on the legs now and I'll just keep knitting those until I reach her specific inseam measurement.
#5 of 7 Old 09-16-2004, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

I am definately going to use the HSY pattern for the longies I'm making for dd. I was just wondering about larger sizes because I might make one for a gift. I was also thinking ahead to when dd gets bigger.
I'm just so nervous I'm going to mess it up. I think I might take the pattern in to my lys so that I can make sure I know what I'm doing. :LOL

And Bonnie, thank you so much for the suggestion! I think I might have to try that. Oh, and I got the cutest t-shirt for Halloween for Lila and I think I'm going to have her picture taken in it and one of the Halloween dipes you're making for her.
#6 of 7 Old 09-17-2004, 02:01 AM

I recently used the F&F free pattern to make a pair of soakers for my babe. They were super easy (consider this was my first knitting project) and took me about 7 hours to do from beginning to end (that includes all the time making errors and then correcting them!).

I like the fit on my baby, and as other people have said, it is very easy to adjust the pattern to your baby's figure.

Siana.
#7 of 7 Old 09-17-2004, 12:01 PM

The F&F pattern can be used for any size, and any weight yarn. You could even make adult-size or keychain-sized pieces if you wanted to.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page