pretty stitch markers make knitting so glam! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 09-24-2004, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I was just going to use a couple of pieces of different colored yarn as my stitch markers, but then Jess of fabriconnection.com sent me freebies with my order and I love them and my dd does too! She asks to see the "fish" all the time. So how many stitch markers is too many?? I just ordered a set from doodles jewels http://www.doodlesjewels.com
because they were too pretty to resist and the price was right.. shipping is included! I saw some at the lys the other day that were pretty, but they were $9 plus tax and not nearly AS pretty. Anyway.. if you are new to knitting, splurge a little on yourself and treat yourself to some pretty stitch makers.. you'll be amazed at how much you love them They are like jewelry you get to wear while knitting ha ha!

Amber
#2 of 11 Old 09-24-2004, 06:47 PM

Oooh, I just got some from her! I got a pair of turtle ones and they are soooo beautiful! I them. I think I might have to get some more.... :LOL
#3 of 11 Old 09-25-2004, 04:04 PM

They are totally cool.

OK here is my question....I just finished a project where I used a marker between stitches (used a piece of yarn) and now am doing one where it seems like you have to actually mark the loop so I am using a safety pin. What am I not getting here?

Also, do the stitch markers come in different sizes? What if you do a project with huge needles?

Oh so many questions I know

Erika

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#4 of 11 Old 09-25-2004, 04:10 PM

The ones I got go up to a size 14 needle, which works for me since I rarely use bigger ones.

Oh, and thanks to this thread I had to order another pair. :LOL I got the celtic circles. They are sooo pretty.
#5 of 11 Old 09-25-2004, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Erika,
You have it right. The stitch markers with the little found thing go on the needle.. not on and individual stitch. They give you a reference point.. especially in the round, to know what is front or back for example. If you have to maker an indivudual stitch (I've never done this but I'm new to knitting) then a piece of yarn tied on it is perfect. Some stitch markers sold in craft stores or yarn shops look like little washers that have a cut in ine side so they stay on the needle or stitch, but can be easily removed. I'll be my husband has some washers or something out in the garage that are the exact same thing *L*. You can use just about anythign as a stitch marker.. the end of a diaper pin (the little round loop) works awsome.. your wedding ring will even work in a pinch.. but it's just fun to have really pretty dangly ones that make you smile every time you reach one in your knitting.. and you feel really good about knitting in public with something like the ones at doodles jewels My current project doesn't need stitch makers anymore.. so I guess when mine arrive, I'll have to start something new I've got the pale pink dragonfly ones and then a "suprise" set coming. I rarely buy jewelry, so I justify this by saying it makes me feel pretty .. and if you've ever gone to buy the beads and stuff yourself.. YOUCH! they are pricey.

Amber
#6 of 11 Old 09-25-2004, 04:32 PM

My stitch markers
Here are mine. I want her to make me some alpha ones next time with cane glass like my bracelet, which I don't have a pic of but its like this but way cooler.

The lady who makes them works with dh and I have lots of her jewelry.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#7 of 11 Old 09-25-2004, 04:38 PM

Oh, wow, those are *really* pretty!
#8 of 11 Old 09-25-2004, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Megan..

Are those ALL yours? Those are gorgeous! I LOVE how different mamas who make them have such totally differnt styles. Those look so natural and warm. The bracelet looks like candy! I just want to eat it! Looks like the adult version of a candy bracelet like you buy for kids Very gorgeous and classy at the same time though. Pretty pretty pretty.

Amber
#9 of 11 Old 09-26-2004, 11:39 PM

I make beaded jewelry and I have tons of beads. I've seen these and have considered making some for gifts this Xmas for knitting friends.

Do they get at all caught up on the yarn? Are they awkward to use being dangly?
#10 of 11 Old 09-26-2004, 11:45 PM

Nope, I haven't had a problem with them snagging or anything. I think they work great and add a little *something*. I like looking at pretty stuff. :LOL
#11 of 11 Old 09-27-2004, 06:00 PM

i can't stop thinking that they'd be earrings i'd wear if you just took off the keyring and put them on earring posts instead : D they are wicked cute

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page