Christmas gift ideas.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2004, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought we were going to exchange names for Christmas giving this year but apparently not..So I need inexpensive but NICE gift ideas for the family..I need

Men:

Dad- VERY hard to buy for..Loves a bargain, might like felted mocs?

Brother-Loves music (?) At a loss here

Brother-College student, newlywed, loves sports and reading

Brother in Law- Loves art

Mom-I'm trying to think of something to do with the grand kids here..

Sister-Has two daughters, likes to read, music etc..

Sister in Law-Loves fashion..Lives in TN

Sister-in-Law- Loves everything!

Most of the family lives in Florida so cold weather stuff wouldn't work..I need these presents to cost $10-12 MAX I have a huge family and not much money (especially when it's going to cost us $200 just to go home for Christmas )

So anyway..Ideas please?? Ive been eyeing the felted family mocs from LTK and was wondering how hard they are and how long they're take...

Thanks!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2004, 05:17 PM

shawls/ponchos - there are LOTS of cute all-weather, fashionable shawls & ponchos on the 'net

felted handbag - along the same lines, how about a felted cd case for your brother?

i thought about making felted mocs for my sister, but i have alot on my to-make list already {sigh}

Quote:
Mom-I'm trying to think of something to do with the grand kids here
custom t-shirt? how old are the kids? could you get fabric paints & the kids could do artwork on $5 T's from Michaels? or maybe handprints, if they are younger. how about iron on transfers of their artwork/pictures?

for the brother who likes sports, how about the cute little coasters someone posted a link to the other day?
Old 10-25-2004, 06:59 PM

Perhaps this is heresy on a crafting and sewing forum buuuut...

Have you considered giving each nuclear family a gift card for an evening out or something like that? By the time you buy materials and make all these wonderful sounding gifts - well, if it were me I'd be a nervous wreck and too tired to enjoy the holidays. But maybe a set of movie passes, along with a cert. for pizza might be just the ticket.

Alternately, a Blockbuster (or similar) cert. in a popcorn bowl with popcorn, seasoning, drinks, etc. Or you could even tailor the movies if you can get them on half.com or something: Pret-a-porter for the one who likes fashion, The Replacements for the one who likes sports and so on.

And, if your dad loves a bargain, he might just be impressed that you bought (possibly used?) from somewhere!

I hope this helps. If not...well, I hope another post does!
Old 10-27-2004, 05:10 PM

I've got one word for ya: eBay. I just received 3 silk purses that I bought for 15 usd. And they're *nice*.

I'm taking it easy on myself and making the "wrapping" for each present (stockings) but I'm buying small gifts to go inside. For example, my mum is getting very pretty stitch markers inside her stocking, and my SIL is getting one of the aforementioned purses. Just a thought...
Old 10-27-2004, 05:22 PM

oops - double post. sorry!

User Tag List