Allison, that is just lovely. You're a very talented knitter! :
#92 of 110 Old 12-08-2004, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenail
Allison, that is just lovely. You're a very talented knitter! :
I agree--that's beautiful. I really wish I could knit, but I just have to resist learning another craft.....must resist...must resist..... :LOL

I am not exactly 'sewing', but I've made 3 cheater scarves out of some nice plaid fleece I had lying around, and some wool felt balls for some of the little ones in my needy families.

Now I've got to get down to business and get these boxes finished and mailed out so I can work on our own families' gifts! Wow...time is flying, isn't it?
#93 of 110 Old 12-13-2004, 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=alliwenk]hate to brag but here is the soaker:

Fair Isle Soaker
It is gorgeous.
#94 of 110 Old 12-13-2004, 06:09 PM

I love it. Some little girl is going to be thrilled.
[QUOTE=Jennifer Z]Thanks for the head measurements earlier! I got the hat done a few days ago and came back to post a picture. (scroll down to bottom...pink hat) It is for a little california girl, so I made it in cotton. My first try at cables too, so it was really fun to do!
#95 of 110 Old 12-13-2004, 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=2girlsandnowaboy]I love it. Some little girl is going to be thrilled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Z
Thanks for the head measurements earlier! I got the hat done a few days ago and came back to post a picture. (scroll down to bottom...pink hat) It is for a little california girl, so I made it in cotton. My first try at cables too, so it was really fun to do!
Oh that's just adorable!
#96 of 110 Old 12-13-2004, 06:51 PM

That soaker is awesome!! What pattern di dyou use?

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#97 of 110 Old 12-17-2004, 02:58 AM

I think I am done sewing now. Look at all I made! It is going out tomorrow morning, I am so excited.

Girly outers

Girly Inners

Other outers

RED AIO inner

Large Blue AIO inner

LG white AIO inner

LG yellow AIO inner

SM yellow AIO inner

SM peach fitted inner

A lot of stuffers. Some hemp all w/ flannel. Some w/ burly knit terry.

Squishy cars for 2 little boys

Squishy cars again. Yellow one is PUL scraps. Other is hand-beaded.

With the dipes I tried a lot of different things. Different stuffer styles, different tab styles. It was all a lot of fun. I broke my serger on the stuffer for the white one, b/c it had SOOO many layers it should be the perfect night dipe. I hope the mamas and little ones love these as much as I loved making them.
#98 of 110 Old 12-17-2004, 03:18 AM

some baby's bum is going to be LUCKY!!!

I love the cars

I swear tomorrow I am sending my packages out! Promise!! I am finishing a soaker tonight. And then I am going to send another in a week or so b/c her baby is not due for a few months

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#99 of 110 Old 12-17-2004, 03:49 AM

meco, you aren't the only one who hasn't sent them out yet. : I actually went to the post office today, but the line was obscene and i wasn't ready for it. This gives me a chance to take pics though. I didn't make a ton of stuff, just two pocket diapers and a pair of fleece pants. I also bought a really nice new handmade wool jersey cover from a mama on amity who was selling a ton of them really cheap. I got one for milo too. I am also sending her two of my hemp stuffers that I bought a while back and two moe microfiber stuffers. I hope it'll be a nice package for her. Anyhow, i'll try to get pics up later tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Boingo! Holy moly! You made a ton of stuff and it all looks great. There will be one (or more?) happy mama when she gets that in the mail.

J.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#100 of 110 Old 12-17-2004, 05:55 AM

And here's my contribution: http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5987910

I mailed them off today and got delivery confirmation too (as was suggested by Tracy)! I'm a late mailer so I'm very happy to see that they were mailed off and even happier that I wasn't the last mailer!

Happy2bmommy donated 2 1/2 yards of PUL which I'll be using for the other needy moms on the longer thread (I need some microfleece first).

Biancasquirrel donated 2 yards of brown (organic?) sherpa which I used as either half or the majority of the insert layers.

Norcalmommy donated 3 yards of loop applix and one yard of hook applix that got me through most of the diapers I've made.

Thank you SO much to those who could donate and make these diapers possible for me to make! All remaining materials will be used on even more bottoms!

Those diapers look great Boingo! You did a wonderful job! And those squishy cars, how cute and creative!! You must be very crafty!
#101 of 110 Old 12-17-2004, 09:16 AM

OMG ladies, you are out of control in a very wonderful way! I cannot believe how awesome these diapes are. You have definitely inspired me to make my own soakers, at the very least! And Jenn, your fabrics are so FAB!
Wow. I am totally amazed at how much work all of you ladies did. What lucky and beautiful families they are to have nice little cloth bottoms from you!
#102 of 110 Old 12-17-2004, 03:53 PM

I finished my dolls last night. They didn't turn out perfect, but they are cute, and my mom thinks the little girls will like them anyways. I also got my mom to donate quite a generous check to the family, which was awesome! Thanks mom!!!!

I have to get a new battery for my camera, but I'll try to post pics later on today.

And, OMG! I am so impressed with your dipes, ladies!!! Jenn, did you make that prefitted? It looks intriguing. Actually I love them all. I just might have to hire you to make some dipes for my new baby, lol Anyways, you all did an amazing job.
#103 of 110 Old 12-17-2004, 08:39 PM

Jenn, those are so cute! I love love LOVE the bird-of-paradise-flower one.

Thank you ladies for the compliments. And don't worry, I only shipped this morning also. : THANK YOU POST OFFICE for Priority Mail. OMG I was scared of the shipping rates but it was all cheap even though my moms were in California, Hawaii, and Maine!

As for the cars - I downloaded these patterns to make paper cars fromNissan's Japan page, then I adapted the patterns to work for fabric. Little boys seem to love these because they are cars, but they can be stomped on and they crumple when you crash them into things. I will be making more, they are too fun. (Plus I had to figure what to do w/ my PUL scraps. It is too pricey to throw away!)

Can't wait to see what everyone else sewed.
#104 of 110 Old 12-17-2004, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

I am *so* proud of all of you! Great job mamas! :
#105 of 110 Old 12-17-2004, 10:45 PM

okay, finally, here're my pics. but i didn't send the "tie dye" dipe. i debated and debated about it, but this package was for a little boy. i like pink and purple on my boy, but i know that a lot of mamas don't dig it, so just in case, i managed to finish one i was making for milo with a light yellow outer and light blue suedecloth inner. i wasn't sure, but at the last second, i was really digging how the light blue touchtape matched the inner perfectly. lol so i sent that to her instead and kept the tie dye for my little guy.

i also sent her four stuffers and a wool cover made by an amity mama, but my camera's batteries carped out before i got a pic of the cover...

Jenn, your stuff looks gorgeous and i especially dig that prefitted. i miss snappis. <<sigh>> and i love the hawaiin print.

boingo, i just sent mine out this afternoon, priority, and the post office woman said it'd definately be there before xmas. Phew! I think I may be the last one though. lol

J.

#106 of 110 Old 12-17-2004, 11:19 PM

Those are so cute! I love your color combos. Those pants look so soft.
#107 of 110 Old 12-18-2004, 02:17 AM

rubidoux- that is great stuff! I love how you did the aplix or velcro. And I love your fabrics -they are swanky, lol!!

Here are the dolls. Please don't laugh :LOL. My five year old helped me with the one in the blue dress, so its a little different than the other two. They look really white in the pictures, but they are actually more skin toned.

I really love seeing what everyone made. Keep posting pics, you guys!
#108 of 110 Old 12-18-2004, 04:52 AM

Where to begin??!!

First - Annie, those dolls are simply adorable! Here's the Corrected Link

I thought you were trying to do waldorf like dolls and had no idea you were doing dolls so precious! They are way beyond anything I could do! Good job, honestly!! I would love to recieve one for Christmas (well for my daughter ).

I don't know who the shawls are for but those are fabulous!! You are so talented!!

Jayne - You and your touchtape are hilarious! I love that soft yellow in the black pocket diaper. It looks so nice! And I would have sent the tie dye - so many moms wouldn't say no to a pink diaper if it was free! I really like purple and blue - great colored PUL! And it was very nice of you to think of making her pants too. Oh and we rarely use snappi's in my house - they are too dangerous! We use pins far more!

Mamajessica - You have to share what you end up making!

Boingo - I thought shipping was going to be outrageous and I thought the line would be around the block but I was pleasantly suprised by both! I really hope my moms get their packages in time but I think they will. Good job getting your packages out!!

Deb - Thanks for all your work spreading the word and encouraging us!
#109 of 110 Old 12-19-2004, 04:05 AM

aww, thanks you guys!

mamamaya! wow! those are awsome dolls! did you use a kit? pattern? website? no, don't tell me, i don't need another project! lol but those are the bees knees if you ask me.

J.

#110 of 110 Old 12-01-2005, 12:14 PM

Not to resurrect an old thread, but I've started a new thread for this year. Anyone want to join us?

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page