So what's on your needles right now? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 01-23-2005, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1. Dishcloth for my mom

2. Poncho - this is my first big project and at 120 stitches per row I'm afraid it will take me forever to finish!

3. Crazy caterpiller for ds. Left over yarn will be used to make squares for a knitted "quilt"

I have some homespun for making a blanket as soon as I can find the size needles Im looking for. I have a huge bag of yarn that I have collected the past couple of months, I have no idea what I will make with it but it was on sale

I hope to learn how to knit socks too!
#32 of 58 Old 01-23-2005, 06:31 PM

hi -- i don't post in this forum too much, but was drawn in by the "what's on your needles" teaser! i love to hear about what everyone is knitting. i'm working on a sweater for my husband -- first one i've made for him. it's, ummm, his christmas gift. thankfully, he's patient and the cold weather's not going anywhere!
#33 of 58 Old 01-23-2005, 07:16 PM

I'm finishing up a child's snowflake pattern hat and a shawl (Cozy from Knitty).
#34 of 58 Old 01-23-2005, 07:35 PM

i am new to knitting and this forum! what a fun idea to share our projects.

i am knitting a sweater for my new niece/nephew. it's organic cotton from blue sky. it's sooooo delicious.

knittin in the shade - i love the clapotis. i am definitely adding that to my very long list of future projects.
#35 of 58 Old 01-23-2005, 07:57 PM

I just finished a pair of soaker shorts for dd. Right now, I'm waiting on some yarn, so I'm kinda in between projects. But when I receive it, it will turn into a Knitty Otis (ballet wrap style sweater for sis) I'm thinking about making a Fiber Trends sheepy shawl for my grandma, and I need to knit up a couple pairs of booties. I'm intrigued by this Clapotis, but have absolutely no need for one in Hawaii. Maybe it would make a nice baby blanket? No, probably not. I think little toes would get stuck in the dropped stitches.

Have a batch of tye dyes set for this week.

And I'm so excited! I finally bit the bullet and bought a Kaffe Fassett pattern book. So...you might be seeing some very interesting stuff come from me very soon, lol.
#36 of 58 Old 01-23-2005, 08:41 PM

1 - I'm also working on a Clapotis in the LTK NYC colorway - using the Henry's Attic Andromeda yarn.
2 - Knitty's Unbiased for my mom
3 - Novelty Yarn Scarf for a cousin
4 - Just need to do finishing on the Wooly Wonder Faux Cable Sweater
5 - Wooly Wonder SportyPants
6 - Need to do an icord for a Booga Bag and then felt the thing. Might just do a twisted cord instead.
#37 of 58 Old 01-23-2005, 10:02 PM

I'm working on a Colinette Love It Throw in the Plum colourway as a belated Christmas gift for my mum. It's a little too pink for my liking, so I'm throwing in some Rowan Kid Silk to purple it up. It's slow going knitting a throw, but it's coming along nicely.

Next project is going to be a huge, chunky scarf out of Big Wool and the Newsboy Cap from SnB Nation.
#38 of 58 Old 01-24-2005, 01:43 PM

Hello all! Been since before the holidays that I stuck my head in here, but thought I'd pop in and see what you all have been up to

I declared January knitting for me, me, me month and as a result have made next to nothing LOL

well, okay, that's not quite true. I got a JoAnn's GC for the holidays and used some of it to buy some of that Lion Brand Incredible ribbon yarn and am making a simple ribbon-drop scarf (thinking spring and jean jackets). I'm doing about 4 inches of garter stitch and then a row of *k1, yo 2 times* repeat to last, K1 and a row where you "drop" the ribbon *K1, drop both yo's* repeat to last, K1. So far I really, really like it. I may have to use some other ribbon and make some more for spring gifties

I have plans to start this super cutie monkey pattern that a friend sent me. I found a teddy bears knitting book and may have to make my monkey a little outfit or two as well

I've also made some super easy mary jane slippers for my daughter and hope to get some done for me soon, too. Seems like after the holidays I'm in the mood for instant gratifcation projects
#39 of 58 Old 01-24-2005, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishshack
Hey Aurora, are you able to post a pic of those Magic Stripe socks you are working on? I have been comtemplating buying some but I really want to see something that is made or being made with it.
I can't. : Sorry. I would love to be able to show off my knitting projects. I'll see if my sister can help. Allison's socks are how mine is striping though. Kinda cool!

Allison, they look great!

Chicagomom, what yarn are you using for your Cozy? I want to knit one for my mom.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#40 of 58 Old 01-24-2005, 02:35 PM

Couldn't resist this thread. All of your projects are inspiring.

1. Half way done with Under the Hoodie from SNB, using Cascade 220- I love this pattern, it comes together so nicely.

2. Magic Stripes socks for my MIL

3. Mittens using some wonderfully luxurious hand-dyed yarn from WEBs

4. Bulky mittens in Lopi for a friend

Those are on the needles, I have yarn for the SNB cardigan, socks socks and more socks, and a bag on hand for when my needles are free. Oh, and I can't wait to do knitty's womb.
#41 of 58 Old 01-24-2005, 04:04 PM

I just finished a washcloth and I am going to cast on a wool scarf for my DH.
#42 of 58 Old 01-24-2005, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just started knitting but here are the projects I am currently working on:

poncho for my oldest
blanket for my youngest
slippers for me
#43 of 58 Old 01-24-2005, 04:27 PM

I am making the "Cascading Leaves" afghan that is shown on the lion brand site:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kjif-lea.html

I am doing it with the yarn they used--Jiffy--but in a wine red. I have about 5-1/2 squares done, and I need 48!

I think the knitting is going OK, but I don't really know how to sew things together. I have to join 4 squares to make a block, then sew all of them together to make the final blanket.

I also don't know how to do the border--picking up stitches, etc. My plan is to finish the 48 squares & then maybe go get help at a yarn store.
#44 of 58 Old 01-25-2005, 03:40 AM

I finally got one arm done on dd's Easy Peasy cardigan! It took me 2 days to do 3/4s of the sleeve and then I started a crocheted pair of chairty shorts and I got sidetracked. I need to rip the legs on the shorts because I did not double check my stitch count and they are slightly off. Once I buy some yarn I will start on a knitted pair of shorts for my baby dd.

I love to read about everyone's projects from simple to way advanced.
#45 of 58 Old 01-25-2005, 09:51 AM

Newbie here, working on the easy peasy cardigan for DS (2). So far it's going really well, I'm now at the point where I'll cast off for the neck hole... So neat to hear about everyone else's projects!
#46 of 58 Old 01-25-2005, 11:19 AM

Another member of the Clapotis club here. Wow, this is so much fun to knit. I'm using Elsebeth Lavold's silky wool.

Ummm, I have some other projects, but I'm so addicted to the Clapotis I'm not sure where or what they are. I think there's a 2nd sock for a pair I'm making for my dad. And I seem to remember a sweater I started last fall. And another pair of socks for me. But really, it's all about Clapotis right now.

I really need to get going on some stuff for a crochet class I'm going to be teaching this spring.
#47 of 58 Old 01-25-2005, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Gwen
Another member of the Clapotis club here. Wow, this is so much fun to knit.
What is this clapotis that everyone is talking about??? I couldn't find it on the LTK site.
#48 of 58 Old 01-25-2005, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2emerson
What is this clapotis that everyone is talking about??? I couldn't find it on the LTK site.
It's actually from knitty.com. Here is the clapotis .
#49 of 58 Old 01-25-2005, 03:06 PM

Here's what convinced me to knit Clapotis: clapotis poem

BTW, it also helped to discover that it isn't cla-POT-is, but cla-poh-TEE. Sounds classier.
#50 of 58 Old 01-26-2005, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLime
i am knitting a sweater for my new niece/nephew. it's organic cotton from blue sky. it's sooooo delicious.
Ooooh, that yarn is the softest I've ever used. I made a hat for a Christmas gift from it--it's not the best for a hat, as the cotton isn't as resilient as wool, but the recipient has wool allergies. The hat wasn't stretchy, but it sure was soft & lovely to look at, hold, and (I hope) wear!

On my needles now, some socks in a ribbed lace pattern in a self-striping wool & nylon blend (Reggia, I think). The pattern is from the book Knit Socks! (the book is printed in the shape of a sock), and it's provided in both infant & adult sizes. I've already done socks to match in toddler & kindergardener sizes! It's a fun pattern, and the socks fit great. From the look of it, I thought the book would be so-so, sort of mass-market mediocre, but I really have to recommend it--lots of generally useful information and tips for sock-knitters, as well as at least one good pattern! (The others look great, too.) I have it checked out of my public library, but this may be one I actually purchase.
#51 of 58 Old 01-26-2005, 03:53 AM

I also get bored easly, so here it goes...
1 ribby soaker wrap on needles
2 an alpaca shawl (for me!!! ) on crochet
3 patchwork pants on sewing machine
4 sweather for dd on knitting needles
I know should finish one, before I start another....but I can't help myself!!!
#52 of 58 Old 01-26-2005, 03:54 AM

1. soaker for DS, just needs the Ktchener
2. A FCC sweater for DS from www.woolywonder.com
3. A hat I will neve finish for DS or at least not until summer :LOL

I want to start-- a new soaker, mittens and socks! lots of socks. next project for sure.

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#53 of 58 Old 01-26-2005, 10:33 AM

1. really thick longies for ds. i need to finish them soon so he can get some use out of them
2. a nursing top for me. anyone else use elizabeth lee designs patterns?

i haven't visited this forum much, but think i will more often. i always have lots of questions.
#54 of 58 Old 01-26-2005, 10:40 AM

I don't have much going on the needles right now, but I have a ton of projects I am anxious to get started on. lol

Right now I have:
1. the Big Bad Baby Blanket from Stitch N Bitch for a dear friend who is due next month
2. a pair of soaker pants for Chloe with some Mystical Creations Yarn that I had left over from older dd's poncho
3. a scarf for me to match the hat I made two weeks ago
#55 of 58 Old 01-26-2005, 10:41 AM

I have a blanket for my husband going on I can't wait to finish it...
#56 of 58 Old 01-26-2005, 01:30 PM

I'm knitting the cowl from S n B in a lovely soft purple for a friend's birthday - endless stockinette in the round, I'm getting v bored.

Reklaiming two sweaters that will become a jersey for me.

And waiting for the wool to arrive from handpaintedyarns for jersey for DP.
#57 of 58 Old 01-27-2005, 06:16 PM

I've been cross-stitching bread cloths, and just bought a huuuuuge kit that features a farm scene. I'm going to hang it in our front room - I can't hang up tons of photos as I normally do because I'm afraid that all the sunlight we get will fade them. (One wall is windows up to the 20 ft. ceiling)

I've also been working on dish cloths, and will be starting a poncho for dd in the next few days. We were at the store and she saw one and wanted to buy it. I got to say, "I can make you one!" I've also started some squares for a baby blanket.

It's a shame. I don't visit this forum very much anymore because the area that we've moved to only has dial-up available. Every other site loads fine on it, but Mothering takes forever and lots of times it's just to frustrating to wait.

operamommy

A happy woman
#58 of 58 Old 01-28-2005, 07:10 AM

I just started a hat, after making a 75-mile round trip just to get circular needles short enough (bloody JoAnn Fabrics and their pitiful selection). It's King Cole mohair (color "Paris", which is far more vibrant than it appears on screen) in a lattice cable design that started as ribbing and evolved when I got bored. Should be finished in a few days, depending how much other stuff happens in the meantime.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page