magic cabin doll making kits - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2002, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm wondering if anyone out there has made their own magic cabin dolls? i'm considering purchasing a kit so i can make a "playmate" for my daughter for christmas. i certainly can't afford the ready made version of the doll and so the kit is appealing at a quarter of the cost. i've never made a doll though and have very minimal sewing skills. how difficult is it? do you have to be a master sewer? any experiences anyone? are these some of the better cloth doll kits or are there others out there? thanks!

joy.gifjoy.giftwo great kids angel.gif x 6.  partners.gif happily married.cat.gifcat.gif

treehugger.gifnamaste.giftoddler.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifdiaper.gifvbac.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2002, 12:51 PM

Lala has posted some free directions on making a waldorf playmate on her website: www.sleepingbean.com. Once there, go to "crafts". They look fantastic....I've got them printed out and waiting for my knitting "to do" pile to go down before I start one. Maybe this winter!

Good luck! I think homemade is much cooler than bought....so much more personal and unique! Sweet!
Old 09-23-2002, 05:59 PM

I bought one of their easier kits for my 10 year old niece who was learning to sew. She loved it and the doll turned out great!
Old 09-29-2002, 03:27 AM

I have used their playmate kit. I love the variety of skin tones available.

I am an experienced sewer and I would say that these dolls would be somewhat difficult for a beginner.

User Tag List