Kelly Blue Book for Sewing Machines? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2005, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a great machine. It's prolly close to 10 years old, but it sews like a dream. But, I'm thinking of upgrading to a machine that also does embroidery (because this would be a real boon to my someday-wanna-be-business, LOL!).

So, I don't know much about my machine, because it was a gift from a lady in our church who had just upgraded so she gave me her old one. I have no idea how much the machine cost when new, no idea how much it is worth now. I don't even know if I have all the accessories it's supposed to have! I have a bunch of stuff that I've never used, but I have a feeling that there are a few things missing, too.

How/where can I find out all this sort of information? I'll have to sell my machine in order to be able to afford the machine I'm considering.

The machine I have is a Bernina 1130, if that helps any. I don't know a lot about different machines, but I know that Bernina is an excellent brand. And, like I said, it sews like a dream!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2005, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think Ebay would be a good place to start checking out what people are willing to pay for your machine. You could also check around with dealers and find out what a trade-in would be worth on a new embroidery machine. I'll ask a friend who works at a dealers if there is a real 'blue book'.

Consider keeping the Bernina, though, even if you do go for the embroidery machine. My friends who have embroidery machines also have simpler machines. Embroidery is time-consuming and two machines allow you to keep sewing while you keep tabs on the embroidery process. Also, if you are lucky at some point your kids will want to sew and learning with the Bernina would be simpler.

How cool that the lady just gave you her Bernina. I would love one. I would have a whole stable of machines, time, money and space permitting.

User Tag List