Scrapbooking Thread!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 529 Old 05-08-2006, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As tired as I've been, I've done a dozen pages this week! Woo hoo! My only worry is, what will I do when the boys stop napping and the new baby is here?!? I often scrap during naptime, since while pregnant I can't manage to stay up late at night to do it!

- krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#362 of 529 Old 05-12-2006, 06:19 PM

Krista - you will likely take a six(ish) month break from scrapping and then find a way to get back into it. That's what I have done each birth, anyway.

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#363 of 529 Old 05-14-2006, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs Mom
Krista - you will likely take a six(ish) month break from scrapping and then find a way to get back into it. That's what I have done each birth, anyway.
Well, if I can just get a half-decent sleeper who doesn't have colic, I can bring the new baby with me for a few hours in the evening to my friend's house to scrap (she did this with her second baby and it worked out great; she'd take breaks to nurse her (which I was so happy to see, since she didn't nurse her first), then swaddle her up and have her right next to her sleeping most of the time). Even if I just try to catch up with printing photos, cropping them, and getting them set to scrap it'll be a plus.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#364 of 529 Old 05-19-2006, 01:05 PM

Hi all! I haven't read through the whole thread, but I am trying to carve out some time to scrap after the kids go to bed. I haven't been consistent about it and gave up on it for awhile, but it's always great to chat with folks who speak my language - you know, people who know what a 'crop' is and who get excited about chipboard and brads!
#365 of 529 Old 05-20-2006, 10:11 AM

Right now I'm excited about finally saving up enough money to place an order for the SU! sets that are retiring this spring. And I'm exciting about the upcoming new catalog. I've been getting some scrapbooking done during naptime, and I'm to the point where I really need to print out some more photos, but that costs money too!

- Krista

#366 of 529 Old 05-20-2006, 08:19 PM

I'd like to do more stamping in my scrapbooks, I use stamps for words and titles but that's about it. I'm having a Stampin' Up! party next month so maybe that will give me some good ideas..
#367 of 529 Old 05-21-2006, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmom
I'd like to do more stamping in my scrapbooks, I use stamps for words and titles but that's about it. I'm having a Stampin' Up! party next month so maybe that will give me some good ideas..
That's how I got hooked. I went to someone's Stampin' Up! party just out of curiosity. They've got so much to offer scrapbookers. May is National Scrapbooking Month, so they've got a special promotion for it.
After I hosted a SU! party at my own house (and it turned out to be the highest earning party of the year for the demonstrator), I decided I just needed to become a demo to support my own habit. There are so many cool things you can do with stamps, and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of all the techniques that many people use. SplitCoastStampers is an awesome website to learn about stamping, and they have a HUGE gallery of cards and some scrapbook pages all uploaded by members. If you ever need inspiration about how to use a stamp set, just go there.
Hope your party goes really well!

- Krista

#368 of 529 Old 05-22-2006, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf
I've been getting some scrapbooking done during naptime
Good for you!

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#369 of 529 Old 06-03-2006, 01:12 PM

bump

#370 of 529 Old 06-03-2006, 02:46 PM

I just made a Racecar birthday card

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...2006_00000.jpg

and here's

some of my dd Chloe I did last month
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...chedPage43.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...chedPage40.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...chedPage41.jpg

~mama to some wonderful kids
#371 of 529 Old 06-07-2006, 01:43 AM

oooohhhhh!! Thank you for starting this thread!! I was logging on to see if there was already one, or I was gonna start one!! I love to scrapbook!! I've been doing it for a few years now. I do mainly Creative Memories.
#372 of 529 Old 06-07-2006, 03:41 PM

I'm working on an album from our trip to Hawaii a couple of months ago. I got a big order of trip-appropriate stuff from www.scrapyourtrip.com for Mother's Day, and I've decided I WILL finish this album before our new baby is born. I've realized that there's no way I can catch up with 2 1/2 years of the boys' photos by then, but at least they'll be able to enjoy looking at some recent photos of themselves.
Besides all the ScrapYourTrip stuff, I've got about 20 stamp sets from SU! I plan to use in the book, plus a few appropriate packs of CM stickers.

- Krista

#373 of 529 Old 06-10-2006, 08:52 PM

I've been powering ahead in spurts. I'll have a dry patch, then I'll be inspired and productive. I've figured out that it's better to wait for inspiration ... if I sit down to do scrapbooking when I'm unmotivated I just sit there and twiddle my thumbs, and take AGES to come up with a page which I later think looks dumb. But if I wait until I'm feeling creative and I've got a few good ideas lurking around in my head I get lots of pages done and I'm really happy with them.

I'm still really into Basic Grey, especially their Wholy Cow rubons.
#374 of 529 Old 06-17-2006, 10:18 AM

Somebody kick my butt back into gear!!! I was doing a few pages every night for a few weeks, and then I suddenly became totally unmotivated. Maybe it's the discomforts of pregnancy, but I NEED to finish this one album before the new baby arrives! Any tricks that make you feel inspired when you're having a scrapping dry spell?

#375 of 529 Old 06-17-2006, 05:07 PM

No real advice veganf....what works for me is scrapbooking with others. My friends and I were getting together every month, nice to share supplies, ideas, advice, etc....

A question for all: How do you store your papers? Specifically 12x12". I seem to have a plethora (nice SAT word eh?) and I want to find a convenient way to store it. Easy to look thru and find what I want, maybe organized by colors...... SHOW ME I have colored, patterns.....
#376 of 529 Old 06-18-2006, 01:04 AM

thanks for the nice words...I get my inspiration from looking at other beautiful pages....

I recently scanned the kids scrapbooks and put them online....wanna see?

http://photos.yahoo.com/sunpharee and theres Chloes Scrapbook and Mason's scrapbook

~mama to some wonderful kids
#377 of 529 Old 06-18-2006, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5
A question for all: How do you store your papers? Specifically 12x12". I seem to have a plethora (nice SAT word eh?) and I want to find a convenient way to store it. Easy to look thru and find what I want, maybe organized by colors...... SHOW ME I have colored, patterns.....

oooh, i'm glad i found this thread! i'm a hopelessly addicted scrapbooker. i live in a small town...no movie theatre, but we do have a kick-a%% scrapbook store. and i spend way too much time there.

i did a book for each of my (2) kids on their first year of life, and i also compile each years photos (the best ones) into yearly scrapbooks. i'm done with 2005, so i guess i'm up to fate (haven;t done anything for 2006 yet, tho).

i'm also working on a heritage scrapbook as well, that is a monster project. i'm really into genealogy, and i've managed to unearth some wonderful old photos, documents and lots of information from all sides of my family (and dh's family, but i haven't even thought of scrapping hsi family, since mine seems to be a huge project). it's already got about 30 pages, and i'm not nearly done.

i do a lot of journalling, in general. i think that's why it takes me so long and why i get burned out every so often and then don;t do a thing for a month or so.

to answer the Q above: i got one of those 3 drawer bins from target to keep my 12x12 papers in. it works okay. wish i had a whole crafting room in my house, then i'd have them sorted by color and not just in a big pile in the drawers. ah, someday!
#378 of 529 Old 06-18-2006, 08:32 AM

Ah, I just got my new Stampin' Success magazine in the mail, which helped a bit. And I've scheduled a night next week to scrap with a friend.

As for 12x12 papers, here's what I use:
http://www.scrapbookingmall.com/shop...ookcabinet.asp

I'm terrible...I have to start a new album for about every 3-6 months' worth of photos. I don't print anywhere near all of them, but I just take sooo many! I've been trying to cut back. But for instance, this morning, my 2 year old comes to the table to eat his breakfast with sunglasses on upside down. It was just too funny not to take a picture!!

- Krista

#379 of 529 Old 06-19-2006, 07:52 PM

Hi Mamas,
I've been following this thread and get all the updates and read them. And yet, I've been unable to scrapbook in a loooong time. We've been going through a reallllly rough spell with our older son, and I do not have the mental energy to sit down and scrapbook-although I KNOW that's what I need.

Here's my question: When you've lost your MOJO, or you're going through a rough time, how do you get the mental energy and push to scrapbook? I feel that I lose sight of doing the things that would make me feel better just when I really *need* to do just that thing. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the continued inspiration, ladies.
#380 of 529 Old 06-23-2006, 08:36 PM

Hey, Bearsmama, that stinks. I just browse my favorite online sites - no pressure, just look around and enjoy other's work until something inspires me. Often it's a Becky Higgins sketch or a weekly challenge at Two Peas, or a monthly challenge at Scrapper's Challenge.

#381 of 529 Old 06-23-2006, 08:57 PM

To organize 12x12 papers, use wire cubes from Target's storage section. Here's a picture: this is what I use. You can get detailed descriptions of how to do it on the group, or you can ask me.

http://f6.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cHKcRAM...besliders1.JPG

#382 of 529 Old 06-23-2006, 08:57 PM

Thanks, Analisa. I think we're coming outta the dark, so-to-speak, so the encouragement and links are much appreciated today.
#383 of 529 Old 06-24-2006, 02:25 PM

I either go to the gallery at www.SplitCoastStampers.com, or I sometimes CASE pages on eBay for ideas.

If it's just layout issues, I use: http://www.scrap-maps.com/12x12_1.php

If I just want to use stuff I haven't used for a while, or have run out of creative juices, here's a good list to help: http://www.scrapjazz.com/community/j...ad.php?t=35011

Now, all I need is the energy to take my own advice! This pregnancy is really wearing me down. I went to bed at 8pm right after I put the boys to bed last night, and they slept until 6:45am, though I was up multiple times throughout the night. Ugh.

- Krista

#384 of 529 Old 06-25-2006, 02:16 PM

Oh, that Scrap Maps site is so cool! Thank you!

#385 of 529 Old 06-26-2006, 03:50 PM

Hey mamas, another scrapbooker here. We just built a house last November, and I have my own craft/computer roon, so all my stuff is now in one place! Although I haven't scrapped in about 6 months. Before I had babe #2, I made it a point to do one page everyday, and it worked great until she was born, and since then, I haven't done much. Although, if I would get off this computer......

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#386 of 529 Old 06-26-2006, 09:37 PM

Welcome, Sydnee, glad to have you! I've mentioned before, I don't usually get much scrapping done for the first six months or so after a birth. You'll be back soon!

#387 of 529 Old 06-28-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnee
Hey mamas, another scrapbooker here. We just built a house last November, and I have my own craft/computer roon, so all my stuff is now in one place!
Oooh, sounds wonderful!! I pulled the doors off our guestroom/playroom closet and turned it into a nook for all my supplies. I can't wait until we can build a new garage with my husband's office over it, then I can turn his little office off of the dining room into a scrapbooking room! But that'll probably be a few years. : Sigh. I'd just love to not have to put away everything each night after I'm done (or the boys will mess with it). The current office has a baby gate on it which would be just perfect.
Do you have any photos of your new craft space?

#388 of 529 Old 07-02-2006, 02:40 PM

It's nice to see some other scrapbookers here, and a few stampers too. That is pretty much my first love but the two go hand in hand anyway and I enjoy stamping in my scrapbooks a lot. Especially for alphabets or to make 3-D popout embellishments.

When I get in a funk I enjoy scrappin' with some friends. One of my neighbors scraps and stamps and we're hoping to get together more often though she just had a baby and I'm due in November.

I teach scrapbooking so sometimes I feel like the only time I get to scrapbook lately is when I teach a class. But really if I set aside a certain day of the week just for me (it used to be friday nights) then I do more scrappin.

My biggest challenge is organization of all my supplies so I don't spend half my session looking for what I need to complete the layout :-)
he he he...

Favorite place to look for inspiration is in magazines (simple scrapbookers, sketch books, stampin up books, or just browsing online.)

Happy Scrappin' everyone.
We'll have to post our creations here every once in a while so we can share ideas.
Erica
#389 of 529 Old 07-13-2006, 05:15 AM

I find looking through the gallery at www.twopeasinabucket.com is great for inspiration. Or I look through scrapbooking magazines.

That Scrap Maps site is awesome!!! Thanks so much for posting it.

I've been doing bits and pieces here and there - we've had a couple of deaths in the family recently and I just scrapped a photo of one person ... it was really difficult. I bawled while I was doing the journaling. I haven't added it to the page, I don't want anyone reading those raw emotions. I'll probably do a hidden journal for that one.

I bought myself a mini sewing machine for scrapbook pages! I was sick of pulling out the big sewing maching, so hunted down a mini one. I haven't used it yet, but I have big plans
#390 of 529 Old 07-24-2006, 02:29 AM

I scrap, can I join? I haven't been able to even remotely start reading through this 14 page thread (for me anyway) and I was a little caught off gaurd when I saw it was started in 2005!!

I'll slowly start my way through it now, but just wanted to sub and let people know I scrap too!

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page