Scrapbooking Thread!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2005, 03:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay, the official word is, we are where we belong. Where's the "sigh...I guess you're right but it would be fun the other way!" smilie? :LOL

So, it might be nice to "spread out" a little bit in this forum. Maybe I'll find a minute ot start a card making thread separate from this one. Who knows, if we get active enough, maybe we'll get a forum, afterall.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2005, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I pm'ed LaLa also, and she said the same thing to me. We just need to chat more about Paper Crafts!

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
Old 05-01-2005, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomom
What is digital scrapbooking?
You do your pages on the computer with software and then print them out to put on your pages. I think it sounds neat, but I like playing with paper.

Old 05-01-2005, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmama
It is where you do your pages on the computer with software and then print them out to put on your pages. I think it sounds neat, but I like playing with paper.
Me too! Thanks for answering!

My sister and I are going to our scrapbooking store this afternoon to work on our mini-books. I'm making a Daddy and Me book for dh for Father's Day. I've found that cropping at the store is the only way I get anything done!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Anybody else in ClubScrap? OMGoodness it is so neat! I love getting my pizza box in the mail.
Club Scrap is SO. Awesome. I used to be in it before my twins were born, back when I had a little more money and a lot more time than I do now. You can sometimes get CS on Ebay for those of you interested in checking it out without making the monthly financial commitment.

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
Old 05-01-2005, 01:50 PM

G'morning, Mamas! Another Scrapper here.

I've been doing it for about 8months and I am mostly working on my wedding album which is an 8x8 album. When I get some of the layout scanned I'll post them.

I also have been sort of practicing with photos from highschool. That's actually been a lot of fun! :LOL

I also have become addicted to doing swaps! I've done quite a few of them. Here's a link to three that I've done (one of the layouts here is two pages). My Swap Stuff

Mom4Tot - you asked about matting vs. framing photos and also about how many photos work best. I gotta say: totally depends onthe pictures! :LOL And its a lot of fun to do something different with each layout. Sometimes I mat on cardstork, sometimes I don't.

There is a really cool feature in the magazine Creating Keepsakes that is called something like, "One Sketch, Many Looks". Here's a link to a search from that website that you should look through: One Sketch, Many Looks Something weird though that I noticed is that each link takes you to the last page of the article, so you have click back to the first page to see the sketch. You'll see that a lot of the sketches (and layouts done from it)use many different #s of pics. HTH. You also might want to just surf around on Two Peas in A Bucket's gallery and look for ideas and inspriation.

Polka123 - where are you in scrapbooking? Have you done any? knowing that will help me (and others maybe?) give you some tips on where to start.

I'm so glad this thread was started!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:41 PM

Ok, what's club scrap??
Old 05-01-2005, 05:12 PM

About Club Scrap. I just looked it up. I thought it was a swap sort of thing :

I guess its not something I'll become addicted to since I just use Stampin' Up! stuff , but I have considered organizing something similar (but not the exact same) for Scrappers and card makers.

Not sure if I'm breathing a sigh of relief or not, but I know my dh probably is :LOL

Chris Mama of J, A, C and M
Surromama of four
Old 05-01-2005, 10:38 PM

Quote:
I know of Snapfish, but what are some other online photo developers?

Also, do you ladies prefer digital or 35mm cameras for scrapbooking?
I also use Ofoto. And I'm all-digital all the time (for pics - no digital scrap pages)!

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
Old 05-01-2005, 10:54 PM

Club Scrap

Also, my favorite scrapping Yahoo group.

Old 05-01-2005, 11:00 PM

At Ofoto, do digital pics look "digital"? I have taken my disk to Target to print off pics and they were BAD!! You could see the pixels, looked boxy, like old Commodor computers. I want my digital pics to look like 35 mm pics.

Okay, what kind of digital camera do you ladies use? Mine is a Fuji Finepix 3.6 mp. I like it but there are some features I am finding it is lacking. Anyway, what's yours?

Old 05-01-2005, 11:04 PM

FWIW, I think the pics from ofoto and shutterfly are good quality. But, I'm hardly an expert- before I had a digital, I used a disposable.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:35 PM

Emily, there are a few things that could affect the quality. The printer is one of them. Ofoto has been really good - my DH has has large prints made from them (from high-res originals) and they've been good enough to frame and put on our wall.

The other factor would the the camera and its settings. What resolution and quality is your camera set for? If it's low res or low quality, the pictures themselves (the digital images) may be grainy. You'll want to check your camera manual (often available online, too) to see how to set it to a higher resolution and/or "quality." Fuji is a good brand, and 3.6mp should be more than enough.

I have a Canon PowerShot S400, which is a Digital Elph (tiny!). I love it because I can put it in my pocket, the side pocket of my diaper bag, etc., and have it with me wherever I go. My DH had a Canon PowerShot from a few years ago that he took some wonderful quality photos on, but it got frustrating for him, and he bought a Canon digital SLR from a friend. We've been very pleased with all of our Canons, though I am also partial to Nikon. I have a Nikon N80 SLR (not digital!) back home. I was a little miffed when DH went with a Canon SLR (and then digital SLR) because we can't share lenses now. So, my Nikon gathers dust, he shoots his fancy Canon digital SLR, and I take great snapshots with my digital elph...

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 05-02-2005, 12:22 AM

I am trying to decide if I should take some pictures of my ever growing belly and super swollen feet!!! Its REALLY bad and I'm really miserable, but out of 6 pregnancies, I've never had swelling like this. I can't even bend my toes or bend at the ankle. Guess thats worth a picture huh?? :

Surromama of four
Old 05-02-2005, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiraffeLovin'Mama
I am trying to decide if I should take some pictures of my ever growing belly and super swollen feet!!! Its REALLY bad and I'm really miserable, but out of 6 pregnancies, I've never had swelling like this. I can't even bend my toes or bend at the ankle. Guess thats worth a picture huh?? :
Take a picture, or you'll never believe it after the babe's born! And then go get a huge bottle of water and rest!

I finished up a small set of cards for one swap I'm in. It was fun to see them come together relatively easily! It's kind of sad to give them away, when they're some of the best ones I've made. :LOL Good thing is I know I can do it again.

Anybody interested in a cardmaking thread? Or should we stick with one here? I've been thinking if we "spread out" a bit we might eventually make enough of a stir for our own spot.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:56 AM

sure, a cardmaking thread sounds good.

I, however, have been instructed by my ob's office to go to l&d to be checked. ugh!!! Its me and 4 kids, and I don't drive, so I'm waiting to see if anyone can come sit with the kids.

I'll be back soon though

Surromama of four
Old 05-02-2005, 02:44 AM

Oh, no, Chris! I hope everything's alright with you and the babe! Let us know how you are as soon as you can!

Old 05-05-2005, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Everyone.

Well, I thought I'd update you. (This is more for my sake than for yours - it keeps me accountable. :LOL ) I am now about halfway through my son's second month in his scrapbook. Things are moving right along. I think after the first few months it will speed up b/c we took tons of pix in the beginning and then fewer as time passed. Anyhow, I'm now working on a 2-page spread of his baptism. I'm kinda nervous about doing it b/c I want it to look really beautiful.

Can anyone recommend their favorite websites with good layout ideas? I guess I've seen a couple previously...I'll have to scroll back through and find some...
Old 05-06-2005, 04:49 PM

Well, I'm now officially on bedrest, but will still check in from time to time. I'm going to go insane!!!!!!

Surromama of four
Old 05-06-2005, 04:56 PM

Oh, Chris!

Good luck! Do you have a laptop??

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
Old 05-06-2005, 05:54 PM

I'm so sorry you're on bedrest, Chris! Do you have to be lying down all the time, or can you sit up enough to work on crafts a little? :LOL

I hope all the swelling goes down and you and the baby make it safely to term! Keep us updated!

Old 05-06-2005, 06:31 PM

My dh has a work laptop that I can use in the evenings when he is home. I'm allowed some sitting up, as long as I'm reclined most of that time, so I can make a few cards or do a scrapbook page each day.

I'm allowed no stress, but not exactly sure how I'll manage that with limited online time AND 4 small kids...lol

Surromama of four
Old 05-08-2005, 10:50 AM

Wow, AP, natural livin' mamas who also scrap?! I think I've found my home on the net!

I've been scrapbooking for about 3 years now, and I do scrap chronologically, but I'm a bit behind. I used to teach lessons at my local store and then on my own.

What a great thread!

Kath contented vegan mama to my trio of free-range boys
Permaculture Design Student & Wannabe Urban Homesteader
Old 05-10-2005, 11:39 PM

Hello Ladies, I am a scrapbooker as well (although I am embarassed to admit this after looking at so many of your ladies' beautiful pages). I bought some supplies a couple of years ago, but just recently started making pages. I am working on our wedding album right now, am about half way through. I love this creative outlet and hope to get braver with page designs, right now I am pretty boring!! I have been trying to do a page or two a day, but it really depends on lil' man, sometimes I get no time at all!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Old 05-21-2005, 12:23 AM

Howdy all! I've been scrapbooking since 1999 or so. Everytime I think I'm just about caught up on my son's scrapbook, I take more darn pictures (stupid digital camera! LOL)! I adore this hobby and don't get to play often enough. On Mother's Day I got 8 pages done though! You can check out my work HERE if you want - just click on the scrapbooking link on the left.

I love letter stickers and fonts, don't know how to use pink paper (and have another boy on the way!), and like to keep my pages relatively simple. Oh, and I have yet to find a cutter that I love and that cuts straight!!
Old 05-31-2005, 01:25 PM

I have just started digital scrapping. Here is one of my first lay outs:
Reflections
page 2

I need to upload more, I love this method. I creade enough pages to make a book , have them printed and bound at Kinko's. It ensures all my girls will have a book to call their own.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:02 PM

Hi Ladies- I've been scrapping for about 8 years, but an SO far behind...I'm hoping to find some motivation here. There are so many beautiful pages! In addition to all of my scrap supplies, I recently purchased some digital scrap software and haven't really gotten into that either. I just wish I had more time, I have great intentions...so hopefully I'll be able to find some time to sneak in a few pages!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Glad to see this thread is still active! When I see an update pop up in my inbox, it reminds me that I need to keep scrapping!

Woo Hoo! I'm going to my first crop night tonight! Till now I've done all my scrapping by myself, in the room that would be my DS's bedroom if we weren't co-sleeping (yet another perk of cosleeping: mom gets a craft room out of it!). Anyhow, I thought this crop night would be a fun way to see what other people are up to and get new ideas. But I have to get organized in order to not forget anything! I don't have one of those fancy organizer-things.

The digital scrapbooking sounds neat. Instead of that, does anyone scrap the old-fashioned way and then get color copies made so that everyone in the family gets a copy? If so, does it turn out well? What's the going rate for a color copy of a 12x12 page?
Old 06-03-2005, 01:09 PM

Hello~it is nice to see more people here! Lately I only have enough time to read posts, by the time I want to post, the kiddos need me, such is life!!

I am really excited, I signed up with Stampin' Up! Right now, all I would like to do is get my items at a discount; when we move I will be able to get some business going!

GLM~Sorry you had to be on bedrest! Hope the birth went well and that you and babe are fine

MegsMom~I will have to check out e-bay! I try to stay away from there, I get into enough throuble here and with my hobby!

Fellow Stampin' Up!-er's~Do you do anything with your business? I was thinking it would be fun to make cards and sell them, I have know idea to who though but thought it would be neat.

I am going to be going to a crop tonight and I hope to get a good amount of pages done

Happy Scrapping Ladies!!

Old 06-04-2005, 04:00 PM

Replying really late, but I just found this! :LOL I scrapbooking. I'm so far behind I don't even want to think about it! I'm currently working on Year 1 for my dd....and she's 3....!!!! Yikes!

User Tag List