Scrapbooking Thread!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 529 Old 07-23-2005, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Speaking of journaling...I am just doing the same thing over and over for journaling "space"- either a tag or just a matted colored block...how/where do you guys incorporate your journaling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 529 Old 08-04-2005, 03:45 PM

Jumping in late to this thread-story of my life lately.....I have so many undeveloped rolls of film, any idea on shelf life?
I am horrible at journaling. I know what I want to say, and then it sounds hokey, weird, wrong.....
I sent for the free trial issues of some scrapbook mags for inspiration, wrote cancel on the first bill...now they keep sending me notices, ugh!!
Someone inspire me!
#123 of 529 Old 08-05-2005, 12:22 PM

I am posting again...how can you find out if something if "safe" for use in a scrapbook? ykwim? acid free, photo safe etc...DD has been dragging around the balloon from her 1st bday(7/16) and it'd be so cute to add to her bday page. It's one of those mylar dealys though from the card store. Do ya think they could tell me?

OT it was helium filled, stayed up for 2 weeks.
#124 of 529 Old 08-05-2005, 12:36 PM

You could sandwich the balloon between 2 slices of transparency sheets. That would protect the rest of your page
I have a balloon from a flower arrangement when DS was born. I stuck it right on one of my pages. it's not near any photos though (it was just a page based around our little matching number bracelets... there might be 1 picture, but it is in the opposite corner of the page!)

Oh goodness!
DS's birthday is only 10 days away from today! I am going crazy! It is so hard to think that I am going to have a TODDLER. It's also hard to think that I have SO MUCH scrapbooking to catch up on, and no time to do it in! I had really wanted to be able to show off his scrapbook at his "birthday party," but there is hardly anything in it!
Bad mama... bad!
Pity... I'll just have to fit down and work on it all day one of these days.
#125 of 529 Old 08-05-2005, 03:34 PM

Can I safely include old greeting cards in my scrapbook? Like from 1968?

Also, what do I do with things like old paper receipts--I have some from the hospital bill when I was born & it is on that old kind of thin, duplicate kind of paper--you know what I mean? The kind you typed on and it went through to teh next several pages--can't think of the name of it.)

Thanks!
#126 of 529 Old 08-05-2005, 05:34 PM

Quote:
When we move back home, I've got friends who are interested in joining a "Stamp Club," where we meet once a month, do projects together, and everyone purchases at least "X" amount. Everyone takes turns being the hostess, so everyone gets hostess benefits. It's a lot of fun! I'm really looking forward to that.
Heather, can I be in that group? I love to stamp and scrapbook but it is very hard for me to do it at home. I really only get stuff done at classes or when friends come over. But I would love to be a part of your club.
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
#127 of 529 Old 08-06-2005, 07:11 PM

There is a product out there for testing the acidity of something to see if it's safe for your photos. It's in the form of a pen and it's called something like an acid-testing pen.

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#128 of 529 Old 08-09-2005, 12:46 PM

Wow your scrapbook pages that are posted are great. I am not advanced enough to post pages.
I started working on my dd scrapbook for her soccer career. I've got all but a couple games worth of pics done.
I also have a general scrapbook. I can't even begin to organize my pics, so I just pull out some and do a page here and there. I figure when their done I'll put them in order. :LOL
I wish I was more organized in my approach!
#129 of 529 Old 08-10-2005, 02:15 AM

I'm working on my 6 month old's book. I have very few done.
I like your's Mila.
I go to a friend's (mother as well) house once a week and we scrapbook and share ideas. It's a great way to creatively display pics and let your child know more about themselves and you.
I think any child who's mama does a scrapbook for them is so Lucky and going to be so grateful.

Do you agree?
#130 of 529 Old 08-10-2005, 02:31 AM

For old papers, there is a spray that you can use. Krylon Make It Acid Free and Archival Mist are the 2 brands I know. Also, any SB store should sell ph testing pens. Also, you can copy or take photos of non-AF things and put those on the LO.

For journaling, I do a lot of hidden journaling. I use photo flips and write under the pic or I make a pocket. I also use little envelopes a lot.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#131 of 529 Old 08-10-2005, 08:40 AM

Miriam, Since you use flip ups, etc. does that mean you don't use any sort of page protector? I'm interested in knowing because I'd like to do that, but I always put mine in page protectors to keep them "safe."
#132 of 529 Old 08-12-2005, 02:26 AM

:

Hello, fellow scrappers! Neat thread. I am usually doing mine at home in the wee hours of the morning/night!

I like the idea of doing it digitally--did you just use Printshop? A website?

Scrap on, ladies!!

I wish we could all share each others albums. . .I love to look at others' scrapbooks.
#133 of 529 Old 08-12-2005, 02:32 AM

So..could someone explain to me what exactly digital scrapbooking is???
#134 of 529 Old 08-12-2005, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megtell
I have just started digital scrapping. Here is one of my first lay outs:
Reflections
page 2

I need to upload more, I love this method. I creade enough pages to make a book , have them printed and bound at Kinko's. It ensures all my girls will have a book to call their own.
Sorry--this is what I was referring to, a couple pgs back. . .

am wondering myself. . .
#135 of 529 Old 08-12-2005, 11:15 AM

Digital scrapping is when you do every bit of your layout on the computer. There are more and more products out there to help make it look like the real thing. Check out http://www.cashewstyle.com for some examples.

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#136 of 529 Old 08-12-2005, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs Mom
Digital scrapping is when you do every bit of your layout on the computer. There are more and more products out there to help make it look like the real thing. Check out http://www.cashewstyle.com for some examples.
That's neat. Thanks for the link!

I'm curious what the benefits/drawbacks of digital scrapbooking are. Could those of you who use it please give me your opinions? TIA!
#137 of 529 Old 08-12-2005, 11:28 AM

Well, I don't use it due to one of the drawbacks, which is that you don't actually get to cut and paste. Doesn't feel as creative to me, although I'm sure some who do use it would disagree with that.

#138 of 529 Old 08-12-2005, 12:30 PM

Hello, I'm Stacey and I'm a scrapbooking junkie!!
wow, this thread is huge!
we need our own forum! lol
This month I am working on making 6x6 cards with a back to school theme. I am going to send them out to the family w/ a 1st day of school pic.

and I just finished her dance class double layout...link in the sig.

I use close to my heart stuff and do parties/crop nights/workshops and such.
My next project is going to be coming up with a kindergarten halloween craft using stamps and scrapbook papers.

glad to join the thread! Happy scrappin'

~mama to some wonderful kids
#139 of 529 Old 08-12-2005, 03:35 PM

I'd love to see a forum for this, too! Scrapping is growing every day!

I also use my scrapping supplies to make cards and bookmarks -- so much fun! Whenever the kids need a card or tag or something, we can usually whip out something fairly quickly. Personalized bookmarks are a favorite of mine, too.

I'm going back to Michael's today. My teenagers (boy and girl) just returned from a trip and they want to put together a scrapbook each about it all. Good excuse for me to go and buy stuff...I mean, buy *them* stuff.

#140 of 529 Old 08-12-2005, 04:10 PM

My mother gave me a whole box of photographs of my great grandfather who was born in 1905- in the box he had done a scrapbook of his own of his fishing accomplishments (the man was born with a nuchal-fishing-pole). He took newspaper clippings of fish stories and cut out words and whatnot.. so I dismantled it (it was totally falling apart) and saved all the clippings, and I'm doing a new scrapbook to replace it, all with the same photos he used.

I'm also starting to gather embellishments for a vacation scrapbook I want to do next. Instead of doing life-stories, I'm trying to keep it simpler, more manageable, and easy to add to, by doing things like, birthday parties, trips, etc.

Whatever works! LOL

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#141 of 529 Old 08-17-2005, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st
But I am up to date on all my books
I am in awe -- I will never catch up!! Especially if I keep having babies and taking more pictures :LOL

I too like the black pages -- I put all my Christmas and Halloween pages on them and they stand out really well.

I have some family photos that got passed on to me when my MIL passed away that I desperately need to scrap too. I am hoping to make an album for dh for Christmas but I need to get started soon!!
#142 of 529 Old 08-19-2005, 10:18 AM

HI. I haven't had a chance to read thru thi swhole thread yet.....

but I wanted to raise my hand as a scrapbooker!!! I love to scrapbook, though I haven't done much since my 3rd dd was born 3 months ago. But I plan to start up soon again. I mostly use CM products, but I alos pick some tings up at Michaels and JoAnn's.

looking forward to some inspiration from you ladies!!!!

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#143 of 529 Old 08-19-2005, 10:29 AM

FYI JoAnn's is having a sale on lots of scrapbooking stuff starting Sunday. Embellishments are on sale (I try to only buy them when they are on sale).

Check out their website. They have their flyer online and I thinkthey also have a printable coupon too. not sure aobut the coupon though. That might have been an email thing.
#144 of 529 Old 08-19-2005, 11:06 AM

aw thanks girls! I have been scrapbooking and trying to find ways to use my scraps..like card making..and PURSE making!!!! I am so excited!! Oh, I also tried my hand at wrapping a candle! It's super easy!

II just random stamped vellum and secured with 2 glue dots around a clear votive holder from target. Wouldnt that be a cute gift..a lil candle and matching purse with...a giftcard...or a few lotions or tea...

bought a huge pack of denim papers and i am finding uses for them..lol

denim stuff

#145 of 529 Old 08-19-2005, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelJune01
FYI JoAnn's is having a sale on lots of scrapbooking stuff starting Sunday. Embellishments are on sale (I try to only buy them when they are on sale).

Check out their website. They have their flyer online and I thinkthey also have a printable coupon too. not sure aobut the coupon though. That might have been an email thing.
Thank you for the heads up!
#146 of 529 Old 08-19-2005, 10:46 PM

We have a BRAND spankin new Jo Ann's!! It's HUGE!!! There is a founders day sale coming up, I think first weekend of Sept.....lots on sale. I also found out they host a scrapbook social night once/month. Going to check that out, anyone been/know anything about those???

I found some really cute paper&stickers at the $1 store today. WOOO HOOOO
#147 of 529 Old 08-19-2005, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5
We have a BRAND spankin new Jo Ann's!! It's HUGE!!! There is a founders day sale coming up, I think first weekend of Sept.....lots on sale. I also found out they host a scrapbook social night once/month. Going to check that out, anyone been/know anything about those???

I found some really cute paper&stickers at the $1 store today. WOOO HOOOO
Happy shopping!

Please please make sure the stuff from the dollar store is acid free before using!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#148 of 529 Old 08-20-2005, 10:53 AM

its easier than you think , I can email you the directions if you like

sunpharee@yahoo.com and put 'purse directions' in the subject

#149 of 529 Old 08-22-2005, 09:56 AM

Has anyone else spent an embarrassing amount of money on scrapbooking materials from ebay? I tend to do most of my scrapbooking shopping online these days - it's too tough to take the kids into the scrapbooking shop. When they're asleep at night I can grab my box of photos and browse in peace. The only drawback is that you have to wait until it's delivered - usually about a week - to start using it.
#150 of 529 Old 08-22-2005, 11:48 AM

Its a bad idea to bring kids into a scrpbk shop I agree! I think its worse to bring dh in though!

Thats why I just go to late night crops and use the CM consultant. Now that I have been doing this for several years, its not as expensive. Also she keeps tabs on what I am planning on doing and has supplies all ready or ideas/different papers etc.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page