Scrapbooking Thread!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 529 Old 04-13-2005, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you scrapbook? Sign in here! Tell us what you're working on and how far behind you are !

I'm kind of an on-again off-again scrapbooker. I'm working on my son's baby scrapbook. I'm up to about week 3 of his life and he's almost 11 months old! : However, I've done about 5-6 pages in the past week and I'm pretty proud of that.

On a related note, does anyone own a circle cutter? I just bought the Circle Cutter Deluxe by Making Memories. I haven't opened it...wanted to ask here if it's a good one.
#2 of 529 Old 04-19-2005, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Bump!!!
#3 of 529 Old 04-19-2005, 10:12 AM

#4 of 529 Old 04-19-2005, 10:14 AM

yeah...i am an on again off again scrapbooker..just got into it really but am loving it...i use the creative memories circle cutting system and love it!!! don't know anything about memory makers....sorry.
#5 of 529 Old 04-20-2005, 12:18 AM

I am working on dd's book, and I'm a few months behind. My goal was to do one page a month since January...and I haven't done any this year...well, I have, but they were all to catch up one last year's pages! :LOL
#6 of 529 Old 04-21-2005, 10:39 AM

I'm a waaaaay behind s'booker! I am going to crack down next month and finish up some gift albums and our vacation album. I'd like to have it done before we go on vacation again!!

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#7 of 529 Old 04-21-2005, 05:56 PM

Another scrapbooker here. I wouldn't say I'm behind, because I don't scrapbook chronologically. I usually pick a certain topic that I'd like my DD to have some memory about (like our co-sleeping journey, her bed-time routine etc.) or I'll pick a certain photo I really like and scrapbook it to highlight it. I also try to do some pages about myself, my believes, favorite books etc. so my children will one day have some understanding of who their Mommy is (in the event I wouldn't be there to tell them). Here are some sample pages of my scrapbook Mila's World

Alex
#8 of 529 Old 04-21-2005, 11:40 PM

Wow Alex. I'm amazed!
#9 of 529 Old 04-23-2005, 08:06 AM

I'm an on again off again scraper. I love to do it when I have time, but there is always something else going on! lol! I am currently working on DD1 and DS's scrapbooks. Need to start one for DD2 and finish our wedding album (we've been married 7 years!)
#10 of 529 Old 04-23-2005, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie29

I'm kind of an on-again off-again scrapbooker. I'm working on my son's baby scrapbook. I'm up to about week 3 of his life and he's almost 11 months old!
You are YEARS ahead of me my friend! :LOL

Happy to subscribe to this thread!

I just subscribed to the new Creative Memories magazine!!!!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#11 of 529 Old 04-23-2005, 02:42 PM

Count me in! I scrapbooking. I go to crop's at a friends house regularly (creative memories) BUT I only get 2-4 pages done in a 4-6 hour period (I usually leave in the middle to bf babe, lol) and I am working on dd's (oldest, 4) album and I am on her second month.............yeah I am behind :LOL!

I need to do one of those power layout sessions, methinks!

Momtwice~I just subscribed Too!

Is anyone else afraid the scrapbooking police will look at your books? I am, which is why I am far behind :

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#12 of 529 Old 04-23-2005, 03:14 PM

Loving your album, Alex! Here's mine .

I also don't consider myself "behind". I usually work on my most recent set of pics, doing whatever inspires me. Then when I get a new set developed, I put the old set away and move on. On the rare occasions I finish my most recent set, I work backwards. The idea for me is to have fun, I honestly don't care all that much about preservation or what my children will enjoy looking at (although my three year old does enjoy her album!), I just like to cut and paste with pretty things.

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#13 of 529 Old 04-23-2005, 03:17 PM

Alex and Analisa~Your albums are lovely!

#14 of 529 Old 04-23-2005, 03:23 PM

I am new to scrapbooking- I have a scrapbook for dd and just started (two days ago- she is 20 months) putting it together. I am going to focus on doing the first 12 months of her life. Thanks all who posted their pages- it gives me ideas and inspiration. I have made a lot of cards for people and that is what has prompted me to start scrapbooking. I need to get dd's scrapbook done before I have the next babe- it's been my motivation. I'm sure month 12 will be much better than month 1 but I will learn in the process. I realize I need to focus more on a theme vs. having a lot of pictures- that's what photo albums are for!
#15 of 529 Old 04-23-2005, 03:29 PM

streetkitty~Welcome to scrapbooking!

I have been doing it for a year now. It is really neat to look back at the first couple of pages I did and see how far my creativity has come!

How long have you other mamas been cropping?

#16 of 529 Old 04-23-2005, 03:52 PM

I started scrapbooking when Mila was born, in May of 2002. I haven't gone back yet to scrapbook a lot of older pictures that I took before her birth in 2002 or from my childhood, but I scanned them all into the computer. Since I've had Mila I've been taking digital pictures. I'm kinda of a digital camera mania and must have taken about 10.000 !!! pictures (of her, family events, etc.) since 5/02. So no wonder I could never be totally up-to-date or even close to scrapbooking all my pics. That's the main reason I don't do the chronological thing either. All my pics are neatly on my computer, with a date and very precise title (something like: Mila rolling over for the first time while at Heidi's house.jpg) For some pics I even added comments. So the info is there, just not in a book with cute stickers and nice paper. It has been working out fine for me and I hope I will have as many nice pages for our son-to-be-born-this-September Luca, as I have of Mila's life so far.
#17 of 529 Old 04-24-2005, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmama
Is anyone else afraid the scrapbooking police will look at your books? I am, which is why I am far behind :
That's exactly what took me so long to get started with my son's scrapbook. Then I realized that an OK-looking scrapbook is better than none at all! I just imagine my son asking when he is grown, "Mom, why are there just photos of me thrown into boxes and not organized, and why don't there seem to be any photos of me from age 2 to 5?" That gets me going! I'd hate to have my son's photos as disorganized as my own childhood photos are!

But I do know what you mean...I'm afraid I'll complete a page, or a segment of his life, and then discover WAY better photos that I should have included but didn't.
#18 of 529 Old 04-24-2005, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie29
That's exactly what took me so long to get started with my son's scrapbook. Then I realized that an OK-looking scrapbook is better than none at all! I just imagine my son asking when he is grown, "Mom, why are there just photos of me thrown into boxes and not organized, and why don't there seem to be any photos of me from age 2 to 5?" That gets me going! I'd hate to have my son's photos as disorganized as my own childhood photos are!

But I do know what you mean...I'm afraid I'll complete a page, or a segment of his life, and then discover WAY better photos that I should have included but didn't.
Actually that is a good point! I will keep that in mind the next time I crop; I have got to get going on these albums!

#19 of 529 Old 04-25-2005, 05:18 PM

I'm here!!!

Who wants to help me get started?? I have an album (it's a nice kit), pictures :LOL and some odds and ends I've been picking up. I really want to do this! My kids deserve memories!

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#20 of 529 Old 04-25-2005, 06:41 PM

I am addicted to both scrapbooking and card making. I can't say I'm behind (that would be admitting defeat) :LOL but I do different themes and such as the mood strikes me and then I organize them.

I just finished a 6x6 album for my 9 yo from his birthday party so he could take it to school to show his friends and we are going to add other stuff to it.

Next, I'm going to work on a few pages for my 8 yo dd. She had her First Communion this past weekend and thats first on my list of things to do after I get all these cards made for Mother's Day and swaps.

Chris Mama of J, A, C and M
Surromama of four
#21 of 529 Old 04-25-2005, 07:00 PM

Ooh, me, too I love card making! I think that's how I got the bug :LOL All that lovely paper...mmm...haven't gotten any stamps yer, tho! I can't wait to get started with my scrapbook

#22 of 529 Old 04-25-2005, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom4tot
Ooh, me, too I love card making! I think that's how I got the bug :LOL All that lovely paper...mmm...haven't gotten any stamps yer, tho! I can't wait to get started with my scrapbook

Are you anywhere near IL?? I have about 30 stamp sets and keep collecting...lol..... I just need MORE MORE MORE

Surromama of four
#23 of 529 Old 04-25-2005, 10:09 PM

No, I'm in NY I think I have some of your beautiful cards from a swap! The kids know better than to touch those :LOL I eye the stamps, I especially like the Asian stamps and nature stamps, but haven't crossed over yet....today I bought some scrapbooking paper and stickers that I don't even know what they are for yet! I covet pretty qotations

#24 of 529 Old 04-26-2005, 02:25 AM

I would love to get into scrapbooking (I've made 4 pages total in 5 years : ) but I get overwhelmed when I look at the amount of pictures that I have. Maybe hanging out over here with you guys will inspire me
Any tips on starting late (I have 4 dc and 10 years worth of pictures!)

Kelly,newly single mom of four wonderful children.

#25 of 529 Old 04-26-2005, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm a stamper/card-maker and wanna be scrapbooker. :LOL I have everything I need to begin 6x6 books (which don't seem nearly as overwhelming to me!) - well, I need to print the pics. I'm hoping to do a book on our trip from Texas to California, and then a small one on my second DS's birth/babyhood. If I can do those, then I'll be doing REALLY well. :LOL

I am addicted to stamping, though! It's so much fun! How long have you been stamping, GLM? I just got a HUGE order, but I still don't think I have as many sets as you! :LOL

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#26 of 529 Old 04-26-2005, 09:48 AM

One thing that is helping me is to download/develop pictures of Kate monthly. When they get here, I make myself pick the best ones for the scrapbook. Then I divide them into themes for that month: January hanging out, with Hannah, feet, with Mommy...

That way, when I finally get around to them I know what to do. I also have a goal of at least doing one (the best theme) each month. That's not working, though, because here it is about to be May and I'm still working on some from January. I can't seem to make myself jump ahead for fear I'll never return to the January pages. I just need to keep reminding myself that soemthing is better than nothing!
#27 of 529 Old 04-26-2005, 11:00 AM

The thing that has really helped me is organizing. I bought a really nice storage box from creative memories. It has dividers that you can take out and you can organize your pics (and cards you recieve) in it. I think it holds 2500 pics or something like that! It is really nice for me cause I tend to work on albums semi-chronologically.

#28 of 529 Old 04-26-2005, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB
I'm a stamper/card-maker and wanna be scrapbooker. :LOL I have everything I need to begin 6x6 books (which don't seem nearly as overwhelming to me!) - well, I need to print the pics. I'm hoping to do a book on our trip from Texas to California, and then a small one on my second DS's birth/babyhood. If I can do those, then I'll be doing REALLY well. :LOL

I am addicted to stamping, though! It's so much fun! How long have you been stamping, GLM? I just got a HUGE order, but I still don't think I have as many sets as you! :LOL
Um, I've only been stamping for a year : My friend got me addicted, then got me to sign up under her...lol... I'm getting ready to place another $200 order and that doesn't include the new stuff coming out next month.....

I make LOTS of cards and I do scrapbooking. I definitely agree that the 6x6 albums are less overwhelming but they don't cost much less and I'm trying to think about the fact that I don't want dozens of little albums...lol
I am going to do one for each of the kids of their favorite pictures. I figure if they want to swap out pictures later, I can take the 6x6 pages and step them up to 8 1/2 x 11 or 12x12, you know??

Surromama of four
#29 of 529 Old 04-26-2005, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay4
I would love to get into scrapbooking (I've made 4 pages total in 5 years : ) but I get overwhelmed when I look at the amount of pictures that I have. Maybe hanging out over here with you guys will inspire me
Any tips on starting late (I have 4 dc and 10 years worth of pictures!)

I would say, find your favorite vacation pictures, or holiday or event and focus on one at a time. It doesn't have to be from your child's first year... Look thru and whatever speaks to you is what you can start with. The great thing about scrapbooking is you can do a couple pages of different subjects, put them in protectors, then arrange them later!!!! I hope that helps and let me know if you need any more tips.

Surromama of four
#30 of 529 Old 04-26-2005, 05:08 PM

kay4~Is your husband in the Army?

Back OT, lol. I agree with GLM. That is how I am scrapbooking right now.......I just do the pictures that I like and make pretty pages with em

Anybody else in ClubScrap? OMGoodness it is so neat! I love getting my pizza box in the mail.

I also stamp! I am in a stamping club with stampin up and it is fun. I haven't made any cards yet though, I like to use the stamps with my scrapbooking, for now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page