hints for a heavy wetter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-07-2005, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD has lately become a very heavy wetter. She has also recently outgrown many of her diapers, so it is time to "build" some new ones. Any design tips or fabric suggestions? I tend to not be into stuffing diapers, so I would prefer not to do pockets.

Often, when she wakes up from a nap or a night's sleep, she overwhelms her already wet diaper. I watched her pee through her night-time wool cover this morning (she was standing) She also left a nice big wet spot on our couch this afternoon when she awoke from her nap (wearing a PUL cover). I think that she needs a little more absorbancy with her daytime diapers. We definitely need to make some changes.

Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 07-07-2005, 03:35 AM

I use hemp to make dipes for my heavy wetter. Also I use a wool liner in the diaper. I took some leftover felted wool flannel and cut it into a soaker shape and put it between the snap in soaker and the body of the diaper. It seems to help the diaper actully absorb more when DS does a super potty, like right when he wakes up. Then he doesn't just pees right through it, the wool slows down the stream, if you kwim? If you do internal soakers, you could put it between the cover and then diaper too. HTH, I will add more if I think of anything!
#3 of 3 Old 07-07-2005, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I don't mind doing lay in/snap in/sewed in soakers. I just don't really want to go fishing in the diaper to pull out a pocket soaker. :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page