Flower Faeries - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-29-2002, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found some instructions to make feather fairies at Yahoo Groups Waldorf Craft, modified them a bit, and came up with these whimsical little creatures... pic

They're pretty simple and rustic looking, but i like them . I'm thinking they would make cute little gifts for my neices for yule. DH even made one, but he keeps remaking the outfit for it.

Just wanted to share and maybe inspire another crafty mama.
#2 of 5 Old 11-29-2002, 05:37 PM

Hey Aster, I'm part of that same group!

DD had a slumber party a couple of weeks ago and this is the craft I had the girls do. They had a blast. They were a bit frustrated in the beginning, but once they got the hang of it, they loved it. They were so proud of their little fairies.

I love the way you dressed yours. They're very cute. Mine didn't come out so pretty, but DD still loves them.

Did you use pipecleaners or just wire? Also, for their hair, is that yarn?
#3 of 5 Old 11-30-2002, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Maribel

I had some covered craft wire in with my crafting supplies that i used, but it's really too stiff to be able to pose the faeries very well. I just picked up some pipe cleaners yesterday, and like them much better.

The hair is mostly embroidery floss. One doll has cotten yarn for hair, just to see what it would look like. I'm not happy enough with the way that the hair turns out to leave them hatless, but the hats are cute.

Glad your girls liked making them. I'm not really sure if my neices are old enough to put together a kit, so i'm just making them . It's fun to do something 'girlie' for a change lol.
#4 of 5 Old 11-30-2002, 02:32 PM

That is so funny, I was searching for faerie doll patterns this morning. I thought I would make a really simple purse for my neices and put a pocket on the front with a faerie in it... those are too cute.. here is the link to the ones I am considering making.

Faerie Pin Doll

But I like yours as well.... would it be against the rules to share how you made them?
#5 of 5 Old 11-30-2002, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

What a beautiful pin!

I'm not sure what the rules are about sharing the instructions--you might want to join the group as there are tons of other great craft ideas that encourage imaginative play. link

Another inspiring site is http://www.weefolkstudio.com/

I'm going to send you a pm too lilac moon, so check your messages!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page