Need sling and diaper cover patterns - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-03-2002, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just bought my first sewing machine and after a little practice I'm ready to try my hand at some easy projects. I would really like to make a New Native style sling- where do I go to get patterns and directions? A few weeks ago I saw a woman with a homemade New Native style sling. She made it out of PolarFleeece, and it was so cool! Stretchy, lightweight, and warm for the winter time. I would really like to make one, but where do I go for directions to help be get started?

Also I would like to make some velcro wrap diaper covers, if anyone knows a good source for patterns.
#2 of 11 Old 01-05-2002, 01:20 AM

Check out www.elizabethlee.com I have only heard good things about all of the patterns she sells.
#3 of 11 Old 01-09-2002, 05:39 PM

you can get a free pttern for a sling from
www.mayawrap.com
Just email them and request one.
#4 of 11 Old 01-13-2002, 08:37 PM

elizabeth lee is so awesome! I have almost all their patterns and have made several slings, they are really easy. And the sling pattern also comes with a pattern for making a waterbottle carrier, tote bag, fanny pack, and child doll sling with it (I've made the fanny pack). They also have great nursing clothing patterns, with really clear directions for beginners, their latest is a mamacoat in polar fleece, it's my next project. I have made many of their things, my nursing dress is my favorite. Excellent service too, and sewing contests.

Michelle
#5 of 11 Old 01-14-2002, 11:45 PM
Aly

Location: Living in Oregon, with my sweet Aussie dh and family
My friend is looking for a diaper wrap pattern for non-plastic covers, like Polarbabies (I know polar fleece isn't exactly cotton either, but they are nice). I sew, but haven't seen a pattern for covers..... ??
#6 of 11 Old 01-15-2002, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Well I requested the pattern from Mayawraps and the Elizabeth Lee catalog. Thanks- just what I was looking for!

I did make my first two diaper covers! We use Bottom Buddies so I just copied the design from one of their covers. Actually it fits better than the Bottom Buddies because I made some alterations specific to Chace's build. I'm very pleased with the result- although it is far from perfect it works really well. Its the first thing I've sewn since I was 10 years old, making clothes for my Barbie dolls.

I can't wait to start on the sling
#7 of 11 Old 01-15-2002, 11:44 AM

Good for You

What fabric did you use for the cover. I do a lot of sewing but have never attempted covers. I have made an ELD sling and love it her patterns are great you may have to use some imagination to make them more "hip''

Have Fun
#8 of 11 Old 01-16-2002, 04:48 PM
Aly

Location: Living in Oregon, with my sweet Aussie dh and family
That's awesome, making your own covers from "scratch"! They wouldn't be easy for me, and I'm an experienced sewer! I'm still looking for a pattern for my friend who is set on making some....
?
#9 of 11 Old 01-30-2002, 12:16 AM

Just found this BB, and it is awesome.

Last week I was given a great site with tons of information, and quite a few diaper and wrap patterns. It is great. Even has a pattern for pads for mom.

http://www.diapersewing.com/

Hope the link works.

Drachonfire
#10 of 11 Old 01-30-2002, 06:55 AM

Welcome! Your link works, and what a cool site! I'm going to go explore it some more!
#11 of 11 Old 02-07-2002, 09:42 PM

I think www.sleepingbean.com has some diaper patterns...I am about to buy my first machine next week..i'm so excited to get started......Stephanie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page