Mothering Forum banner

Small Projects for Holidays

624 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  leomom 
#1 ·
The makin' stuff for the holidays thread has me thinking ... we all have so much to do, so little time! I'm trying to keep my holiday projects relatively small and simple, to make sure I actually get them done on time (boy I wish thinking about it four months ahead of time was enough!).

So, what are your favorite small/fast project gift ideas?

A few of mine -

...potpurri sachets.
...baby/toddler hats.
...magic mittens!
...wrist warmers
...dishcloths or facecloths (rolled-up, placed in basket with useful kitchen or bath items)
...lacy shawls knit on huge needles.

#2 ·
painted or decorated picture frames
ornaments (either painted or the playdough kind, or the ones in the cute kits from orientaltrading.com)
pillows (find a cute printed pattern fabric for the front, embelish it with buttons and trim, and sew on a plain back and stuff, easy peasy)
hand print t-shirts made by the kids
fleece no sew blankets (the ones you tie) - scarfs made the same way
aprons with matching oven mitt/pot holder.
capes and matching crown or wizard hats, dress up skirts.
hand dyed play silks or other tye dyed items

Thats all I can think of at the moment. What other ideas do you all have?

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by leomom
What are photo files?

Photo tiles are basically ceramic tiles that you would purchase like at Lowe's or any other hardware store. (Stone ones look especially nice) and you ModPodge a photo to the tile and use a plate stand to hold it. They are really pretty and I'm not sure my description does them justice. Many people digital scrapbook a tiny page and print it out and put that on the tile...very unique that way~

~~Nancy

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nancmich
Photo tiles are basically ceramic tiles that you would purchase like at Lowe's or any other hardware store. (Stone ones look especially nice) and you ModPodge a photo to the tile and use a plate stand to hold it. They are really pretty and I'm not sure my description does them justice. Many people digital scrapbook a tiny page and print it out and put that on the tile...very unique that way~

~~Nancy
Oh wow! That sounds so cool! If anyone has a picture of one, I'd love to see it. I'm a visual person. :LOL Thanks for the explanation Nancy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.