crocheted baby hats - need a pattern - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-09-2002, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm expecting my third baby in little over a month, and I'd like to crochet something very simple, like a hat! I saw a baby at the park today that was wearing the most darling crocheted hat, and I felt inspired to make one of my own! The stitches were kind of big, so I was thinking it couldn't have taken very long to make that hat. I just spent a good 20 min. searching for a pattern on the net, but it was a little frustrating. I was hoping maybe someone here has used a pattern they just love? It should be something simple, I'm a beginner at this.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Ina
Christopher, 5
Annika, 3
"sweet pea" edd 2/5/03

Mom of 4
#2 of 2 Old 12-10-2002, 03:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't read crochet patterns but if I was gonna crochet a hat, I'd start with a chain of 4 single stitches & join them together in a circle. Then I'd crochet either doubles or trebles into the hole in the middle until I got a round. Then I'd start working around the round in either doubles or trebles increasing as I went to make a hat shape. Once you get to the required width, start decreasing here & there to bring the edges round & then work without shaping until the size is right.

The trick is to get the shape right with the increasing & descreasing so it would prolly be an idea to have a new born hat about the place to compare measurements with. Or at least some idea of head dimensions.

Hope this makes sense. I could show you easier but New Zealand is a long ways away

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page