Ok~~ I'd love to help you out! I hope i make it simple sounding.
First, to send a PM:
1. Up in the right hand corner of the screen there is an oval called "User CP." Click on that.
2. Across the screen there are several options to choose from. Click on the one that says "Private Message."``on the far right side.
3. Scroll down the page to the bottom where you will find some more options. Click on "New Message."
4. From there you do it just like a response to a thread.
Second, to read a PM:
1. Go to "User CP"
2. Your PM title/sender should show up immediatly....just click on it to get the text.
1. There are 2 ways to "know " if you have a PM waiting for you.
If you want, a pop up window will appear on your screen when you get a PM. You apparantly don't have that set up or you would know b/c people have sent you PM's. To set it up is easy: 1. Go to "user cp"
2. Go to "edit options"
3. Scroll down a bit until you get to the section titled
"messaging and notifications"
4. At the bottom of that section you'll see an option
called "pop up a box when you recieve message."
5. Change the option to "yes"
Now a window will pop up....and you'll get an email telling you about the PM...I think..or that might be an option you have to change too. Do you get emails when members have responded to your threads? If not you can find that option there too and change it to yes. You can also change to "time" your computer shows here too!
If you don't want a pop up window...look at the very bottom of your screen (on the main page) and it should show you how many messages are waiting for you and how many are in your mailbox!
Hope this helps.....just ask for clarification!
BTW...I'm going to send you a PM to see if you get it!
Just going to test you!!!!