... is that I can't try the diaper on him until MORNING!
I just mostly finished a VB
fitted, size medium. I say "mostly", because I have only done half the soaker (I'm doing 2 layers sewn together, then 2 more layers sewn together, then sewing the ends of those 2 sets together, for quicker drying). It has a hemp french terry outside body, sherpa inside body, then the soaker currently has 2 layers of hemp french terry with snaps attached, and I will be adding one more layer of hemp french terry and one layer of velour tomorrow. I don't have the velour cut out yet.
I used lastin for the elastics, and that all worked brilliantly. I sewed the two body pieces together with an overlock stitch on my regular sewing machine. I used lots and lots of pins, and it actually turned out quite nicely!
Upon looking closer at the pattern tonight, I realized that the medium's rise is only 1/4" less than the rise on my own drafted pattern. I had forgotten to take into account that my pattern has seam allowance. Duh. So this diaper *should* fit... at least in waist and rise. We'll see about legs. DS has 10" thighs to go along with his 20.5" waist. So it's hard to get diapers to fit properly. I did this particular diaper front-snap, but may need to go side-snap if the thighs don't work as is. We'll see... TOMORROW. Ugh. I want to put it on him NOW!
I'll post pics tomorrow when it's all done!!!