Omg.. I Found Pul In The Laundry Room - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep, its true, the washers thawed so i went to wash diapers here at my complex where i live, often people leave things in there they don't want to donate to others and I saw a coat out of the corner of my eye, guess what the outside cover was... any guesses..... no?... PUL... said it right on the tag... poleuretyane... SO,..... I was a lil excited... the rest of the coat, inside was that slick quilted material stuff and all torn so I had no quams about ripping the seams and salvaging the PUL. Had to splice 2 pieces together to make it big enoug for a cover and tweek the tabs a little bit but i did it. I was very careful not to put MORE holes in it from where I'd unsewed the seams, topped it with a layer of fleece so now its Inner fleece Outer PUL. Army Green PUL at that. Its on her for the night, hope it works LOL. Here's a pic, dont look too closely at the seams, I was in a HUGE hurry getting it sewn together.
http://photobucket.com/albums/c211/b...ent=Image1.jpg

Ok, now i have leftover pul, sleeves, front with a zipper in it, what else would one make out of PUL scraps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 12:21 AM

you lucky duck! hooray for your find!
#3 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 12:38 AM

Oh beep, it's almost enough to make me believe in god!
I am laughing my a$$ off!

You were whiny and desparate all day to find a cover for her, and your night-dipes weren't going to be clean in time...You skated, girl! I am so impressed with your resourcefulness!
#4 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeosMama
Oh beep, it's almost enough to make me believe in god!
I am laughing my a$$ off!

You were whiny and desparate all day to find a cover for her, and your night-dipes weren't going to be clean in time...You skated, girl! I am so impressed with your resourcefulness!
LMAO... MEEEE.... .WHINY..... does that mean im CRUNCHY? Are you being mean again woman. J/K.. I WANT MORE pul..
#5 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 12:52 AM

Beeps, you crack me up!!! Actually it is a cute cover!
#6 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberthesugarcat
Beeps, you crack me up!!! Actually it is a cute cover!
Like I said.. Im a nut. Im like a kid with a new toy right now. LOL..
#7 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 04:27 AM

WooHoo! I can't wait to hear how it worked for overnight!
#8 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

OK, the Cover was WONDERFUL! I put a thicker diaper on her and a doubler and every square inch of the diaper (including the tabs) and the soaker of course was drenched but it didn't go thru any part of the cover. I worried about it wicking through the seams or tiny holes where I unsewed the PUL from the coat but it didn't. WOOT WOOT! I'm going to Goodwill today and look for more coats like that and whatever else I may find thats made out of PUL and we just don't know it.
#9 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 11:30 AM

I just checked out the picture, it's a gorgeous cover. I love recycling materials to make covers, though I've yet to happen on any oul that I could use.
#10 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepsmnms

Ok, now i have leftover pul, sleeves, front with a zipper in it, what else would one make out of PUL scraps?
Great job on the cover!! You can use the scraps for mama pads. Or put elastic on each end of the sleeves for sleeve covers when the kids are playing in with water, paints,etc. (I'm in Wisconsin, so there is snow everywhere, I'd use them under their jackets for extra waterproofing.)
#11 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 01:17 PM

That's an awesome find!! The cover turned out great, and I'm so glad it worked wonderfully too!!! I hope you find some cool, useful stuff at the thrift store!!!

You could also use the piece with the zipper to make a travel wet bag? Depending on how much pul is still attached to that piece. Although if it was an adult bag that would be one huge travel bag
#12 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena23
That's an awesome find!! The cover turned out great, and I'm so glad it worked wonderfully too!!! I hope you find some cool, useful stuff at the thrift store!!!

You could also use the piece with the zipper to make a travel wet bag? Depending on how much pul is still attached to that piece. Although if it was an adult bag that would be one huge travel bag
What a great idea,I need a travel wetbag but its a child's coat and the only pull left is the sleeves and the 2 front panels with the zipper between. I don't use mama pads but I'm thinking about using the leftovers for insert bottoms then maybe my fleece covers would work a little better.
#13 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 02:06 PM

I just had a thought... I hope that the coat wasn't being laid out to dry, because it couldn't go into the dryer, or the kid was playing in the laundry room and left it there. I can just picture that kids mom going crazy looking for that coat, and here you are cutting it up into pieces!!! :
#14 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena23
I just had a thought... I hope that the coat wasn't being laid out to dry, because it couldn't go into the dryer, or the kid was playing in the laundry room and left it there. I can just picture that kids mom going crazy looking for that coat, and here you are cutting it up into pieces!!! :
Naa they have a table specifically for donations and it was on a pile of clothes for people to take for their keeping. I thought of that, there were people in ther and I asked to be sure.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page