attaching wooden handles to felted bag - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-11-2005, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i want to make a felted purse with the wooden d shaped handles, but i am not sure how to attach them. i was thinking i would make rectangular pieces to felt separate from the bag and then sew them on to hold on the handles once everything is felted to size. does this make sense or is there a better way to do it?

i am in a hurry as i forgot my sister's bday is tuesday and i want to make her a quick purse & i know she'd like the style with the bamboo handles.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2005, 10:57 PM

That sounds good. You might also wrap the wool around the handle and felt it all together. That'd be more difficult to keep aligned, however.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:31 AM

Don't the handles have some kind of hardware (like a loop or ring or something) at the bottom for attaching?

If they do, you can crochet the last row, and just crochet the handles on. I used the wooden circular ones and just crocheted them on, then felted teh entire thing. Worked great!

Hugs,
tammy
Old 12-12-2005, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

thanks gals.
i am just wondering if felting it with the handles attached will allow it to keep the right shape.

i am going to try it, but on my next project. i wimped out last night and started a purse for my sis that has a knitted handle as well. thanks to a 3 hr survivor experience i got the purse almost done!!

User Tag List