My goal.... your goal.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 01-06-2006, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Starting some embroideries today.... and will have 5 diapers sewn by next Friday. I have 1 week to do this.
(I haven't sewn a dipe since C was born.... and she's outgrown her NB sized dipes.... actually never really fit them well.) so we need more smalls!!
Thats my goal.

What is your goal this week?
#2 of 26 Old 01-06-2006, 07:12 PM

Get the rest of my clutter-cleaning done so that I can set up the sewing machine and attempt my first diaper!!

Peggy: full-time shift-working mama to Kiddo (Nov|04) and Babygirl (May|11). Fiancée to Babe. Step-mom to Tween, my bonus daughter (Sep|00). Currently TTC - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c1739

#3 of 26 Old 01-06-2006, 07:36 PM

I need to clean up my sewing area and get my supplies in the mail. I have yet to sew one dipe but I am excited to get going!
#4 of 26 Old 01-06-2006, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Get some work done on my nephew's training pants. I have 8 PUL cuts done, but need to cut the flannel insides and the soaker pieces.

Goal #2 is to spend the OSDS gift certificate my dad gave me for Christmas. I recieved the code yesterday and am trying to decide what all to buy!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#5 of 26 Old 01-06-2006, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

OK... the first embroidery is on the machine. It's a Celtic knotwork rainbow on purple PUL.
#6 of 26 Old 01-06-2006, 07:55 PM

Sounds like a pretty embroidery - you'll have to share a picture!

My goal this week is to get two dozen prefolds ordered, finish a batch of 6 small pockets (not for me) with their inserts and mail mail mail all the stuff I have to mail!
#7 of 26 Old 01-06-2006, 11:54 PM

Hmm My main goal is to have a baby I'd like to get a couple more diapers done for William though. Maybe give a go at a pocket, but I'm not sure about that one, not much energy these days!!
#8 of 26 Old 01-06-2006, 11:58 PM

to get the 7 pairs of longies and 8 covers done witn pictures taken by next friday so my friend and I can get our diaper -selling website up and running... It's hard to get the enthusiasm and the practicality of each of us having two children in step to attain all the start-up goals.
#9 of 26 Old 01-07-2006, 01:05 AM

Well, we are moving into an apartment w/o washer/dryer, so it's back to the laundramat and back to using quick drying, easy to wash diapers. We currently have a stash with almost all internal soakers. So, my goal is to make 3 dozen medium VB AIO's (quick drying), at least a dozen with embroidery. Most immediately, I have almost 2 dozen outers cut out from all of my scraps. I need to cut out the rest of the inners and outers and soaker parts, hopefully within the next week. And I'm hoping to get to the embroidery tomorrow. The actual assembly probably won't take place until next month after we move.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#10 of 26 Old 01-07-2006, 02:07 AM

I tydeyed some birdseye last week and cut it yesterday to make some mama bird larges since dd is growing out of all her smalls. I plan on making six by the end of next week. I just finished making four dipes with my own pattern and they turned out pretty nice but what a pain!!! I thought I'd be all cool and make them with three body pieces, snaps, some with internal soakers, some with attached quick dry soakers and 4 layer gussets on all of them and it took forever to get them done. Dd needs some new diapers pretty fast so I'm going back to the good old easy, fast mamabird pattern for this next set. I'll tweak my own pattern more later .
#11 of 26 Old 01-07-2006, 10:06 AM

A half stash of preemie prefolds for the first days with my spring baby, made out of reclaimed t-shirts. About 4? covers from recycled sweaters to go with those.

About a dozen infant prefolds and a dozen infant fitteds for my spring baby. (I already have about a dozen purchased prefolds)

About 6 covers for my soon to be infant, I have made one so far.

A whole stash of small fitteds and covers. Some special fitteds and covers for friends who are also having babies.

Slings (4?) for friends who are having babies.

Wipes for all the baby butts.

My DS, 22 months, could really use some trainers...

All by the beginning of May. Yet here I sit.
#12 of 26 Old 01-07-2006, 06:30 PM

Well, I finished a little over half my goal for the week.

This morning, I placed my order from OSDS using the gift certificate my dad gave me for Christmas. And I cut out 2 cuts of flame flannel for the inside of my nephew's training pants (this will go with the neon orange PUL - I love it!). I need to cut out 2 more, but as it was, I was cutting while DS was sitting ON the fabric (my cutting table is badly needing cleaning off, so I used the dining room floor). So I wasn't going to press my luck at trying to get a good cut once more (I did 2 cuts at a time). I should have enough flame flannel left to do an AIO for DS (I think I have enough for one of his size neon orange PUL), and probably a fitted or two. We'll see. I didn't actually measure the flannel to see how much was there in the first place. My sister just sent a bunch of flannel along with her son and ex-husband when they came to visit my parents at Thanksgiving. So I have flames, dog bones, dogs, cats, and some kind of moosey wilderness motif. She wanted some of it to be used for the training pants, and the rest was for me to play with (in particular, the dog stuff, since I'm a dog person).

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#13 of 26 Old 01-07-2006, 06:45 PM

I need to sew 4 fitted diapers by Monday. 1 for e-bay, 1 for my etsy shop, and two for an MDC mom. Come to think of it, I should probably sew 6, DS needs some too.
I'd also like to sew a couple fleece covers.
#14 of 26 Old 01-07-2006, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

I have 3 embroideries done... and I put in an order for some PUL print diaper cuts. That way... (I have to take my embroidery machine into the shop... for the sewing timing, but I'm procrastinating) I won't have embroidery withdrawals while she's gone.
#15 of 26 Old 01-07-2006, 08:00 PM

Well, I got the inners and soakers cut for 10 AIO's today. I'm hoping to get at least another 10 done while the kids are taking a late nap right now (the little one just went down for a second nap.) Probably won't be getting any embroidery done today since I didn't get my butt around to ordering what I wanted yet. I couldn't make up my mind until this morning and the place I want it from won't process orders on Saturdays.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#16 of 26 Old 01-08-2006, 01:41 AM

My goal for this week is-
3 fitted diapers(only 1 is for my DD) others to give away
2 prs of fleece pants(need to find a good pattern first ) and a dress/shirt that will match the diaper print and both prs of fleece pants

oh edited to add I made 2 fitteds tonight but they just need snaps and they can go out. Now I need to start on DDs stuff

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#17 of 26 Old 01-08-2006, 03:09 AM

okay, so I'm making super cute itty bitty VB AIO's to send to a friend who hopefully won't have her baby until the diapers are in the mail! (she's due NOW) I'm making 5 and have 3 mostly done. I just put the elastic in the last 2. I have aplix left to put on all 5 and then can send them on out.

I also have 2 pr of longies to finish embellishing for a gift exchange. I've got all the pieces cut out for one pr and half of them sewn on. The other pair are made but I have to cut out all the embellishing bits and sew them on. sigh. here's hoping I get lots of sewing time this week! (of course my DD is just on the verge of crawling and is now pretty mobile and has learned to pull up this week, which means we have to be a bit more vigilant when she's playing on the floor beside us...)
#18 of 26 Old 01-08-2006, 03:59 AM

No goals were met this past week, as my dh was on leave and I don't get much done when he's home. Plus, we were out-of-town for the New Year. Next week though, I want to finish my shopping cart cover. It's almost done, just decided to wait for the new machine to finish it. I also want to start making cloth diapers for my son and finish setting/cleaning his room. It's been 2 mts since we moved here and his room is the only one not done. It's not too big of a deal since he sleeps in a co-sleeper in our room, but I'd like to try to start putting him in his crib for naps. So, those are my main goals for this upcoming week. Yay!!
#19 of 26 Old 01-08-2006, 10:42 AM

Beth: Do the "2 foot project". Go through the room or set of rooms babygated off and remove anything unsafe within 2 feet from the floor. If she's pulling up already, maybe make it a 3 foot project. When she's getting close to walking, it will be more like 4 feet (because they start climbing ON things!).

Kat: My DS is 18 months old, and his room is STILL a mess. I really need to clean it out and make it toddler-proof before he gets old enough for a big boy bed (I *think* we have at least 6 more months). We just don't use his room for anything except diaper changes and sleeping because it's upstairs, and everything else (including my bedroom) is downstairs.

#20 of 26 Old 01-08-2006, 12:01 PM

My goal's for this week are to get my house clean(since we got internet haven't had time to clean all free time goes for researching stuff) after that i would like to sew more diapers and fugure out what i am doing worng. Get rid of my sons diaper rash and figure out where it came from.
#21 of 26 Old 01-08-2006, 01:11 PM

My sewing machine is in the shop until Thursday (wah!) so I guess I will get caught up on some knitting and maybe cut out some fabric. I'm also going to try to come up with my own 'pattern' for a pull-on cover.
#22 of 26 Old 01-09-2006, 08:28 AM

I've got to get at least 10 diapers done in the next few days, plus a few covers. So, my goals are to figure out what I'm doing wrong, fix it, sew my dipes, figure out how to make a fleece cover, and sew them And to get it all done by Thursday!

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#23 of 26 Old 01-09-2006, 05:33 PM

My goal over the next TWO weeks (I'm giving myself an extra week, simply because even getting downstairs to check my e-mail -- let alone actually sewing something -- is a huge accomplishment these days!) ...

-- Sew up two totally cute small VB AIOs ... they have a turquoise PUL outer with a way cute magenta with bold colored dots inside ... the PUL and print cuts are done, but I just have to cut the absorbant material now ... then of course sew up them

-- Make more VB covers. So far I'm *totally* loving how the VB covers fit. Even the two nb ones I made up before Lucy was born still fit on the tightest snaps ... so maybe make up another xs one, then a couple of smalls since I have more fun colors to choose from in the PUL department!

-- Make at least one windpro cover. I got some great cherry red windpro. Now I just have to *do* something with it!

-- and finally, I need to make up a couple more pockets and some more inserts for Katherine. I keep trying to steer her in the direction of using the potty, but I think the more I 'gently encourage' her, the more she adamently says the potty is for mommy, daddy and Madeline... *NOT* for Katherine ... hm... maybe instead of pockets though, I should just make some AIOs? Or maybe pockets without fleece? Or actually, I did order the pattern to make trainers ages ago... I should dig it out and give it a go. .. ... in my free time, you know

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#24 of 26 Old 01-09-2006, 09:59 PM

I finished the 5 XS VB AIO's!!!!! They turned out REALLY well and they're SOOOO cute! Thankfully the baby isn't here yet either so I'll be able to wash them up, expresspost them to our friends and they should be there just in time for the baby to arrive! I'm so happy to have gotten them done on time. Do I ever wish we'd had a bunch of those when Annie was born. The next baby is going to have lots and lots of them!

On to the longies!
#25 of 26 Old 01-09-2006, 11:39 PM

Ok, I'm unmotivated at the moment... I really want to SEW some diapers, but don't want to cut them out because I either have to do it on the floor or clear off the cutting table (which is a card table with a self-healing mat on it - not high enough to be a "real" cutting table). On the floor means I have to do it when DS is napping or in bed. But I have goat kids coming out my ears right now, and have to use that precious naptime to do all the goat chores and check on preggo moms... prime kidding time happens to be during naptime, which is nice.

Anyway, I really want to make some serged fitteds and a serged AIO (quick-dry), but cutting out the stuff is what's stopping me. It might help if I had new rotary cutter blades. I did get new scissors and they're awesome! All of my other (cheapy) scissors were starting to get so dull they'd barely cut the fabric. And my rotary cutter blades are that way too. And I hate cutting fabric. I love sewing, but hate cutting the fabric. I also hate cleaning, and cutting fabric involves cleaning off that table that is piled. And all of the horizontal surfaces in that room are piled already, so I can't just move piles like I'd normally do.

Someone motivate me!!!!

#26 of 26 Old 01-10-2006, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup
And I hate cutting fabric. I love sewing, but hate cutting the fabric. I also hate cleaning, and cutting fabric involves cleaning off that table that is piled.

My feelings EXACTLY--though now that my pregnant belly has got me looking so uncomfortable, I can manage to convince dh to do mass cutting for me once in a while (I cut on the floor after bedtime)...and that keeps me in sewing for a few days...

My goal is to finish the smalls and move to the mediums before there's no space for me at the sewing table!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page