How big is your stash? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have just started with the cd's. I have mostly made my own out of recycled materal. I have bought 1 lot of ebay i have
1 AIO L bought
1 fitted L bought
15 fitted L I made
4 prefold bigger size had for burb cloths
10 gerber covers bought
3 fleece covers M made
i have i wool sweater to make covers out of and 1 more fleece cover to sew trying to make bigger.
I plan on making
5 more fitted
6wool covers
3 wool pants
10 prefolds
50 wipes
Gosh i gotta alot work ahead of me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 12:42 PM

My diaper stash currently consists of one nearly-full (60 count) bag of size 5 disposables and a whole bunch of recycled fabric.

Gotta clean up so I can set up the machine!!!

Peggy: full-time shift-working mama to Kiddo (Nov|04) and Babygirl (May|11). Fiancée to Babe. Step-mom to Tween, my bonus daughter (Sep|00). Currently TTC - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c1739

#3 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 01:06 PM

Well, I'm not naming all my diapers, I have a good mixture of all kinds. I have a total of 30 cloth diapers and a huge box of 80 disposalbles. 4 pair of longies, numerous covers (some no work so good).
#4 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I've been kind of slow with the diaper making...

1 Luke's Drawers AI2 with tri-fold soaker
5 Fuzzi Bunz PT size (Joey Bunz inserts, plus one MOE insert and one HH Stuffins)
3 homemade fitteds from baby blankets
2 homemade hemp/sherpa/velour fitteds for nighttime
1 homemade flannel fitted with hemp/velour soaker for daytime
2 or 3 dozen regular size prefolds (what he wears now)
2 or 3 dozen infant size prefolds
2 dozen preemie size prefolds (use these as doublers now)
1 Sugarpeas wool flannel cover (size Medium - it's an awfully big medium!)
1 homemade fleece cover
2 homemade 1-layer PUL covers, but I don't use one of them because the butt isn't very wide (fits over my early homemade fitteds, but not over a prefold - and it still has Touch Tape, which I hate)
1 homemade PUL cover with cotton outer print

Luckily, with the prefolds, I don't have to use sposies when I run out of fitteds/pockets/AIOs/AI2s.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#5 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 01:55 PM

I have:
3 dz prefolds
2 dz pockets
2 PUL covers
12 wool longies soaker shorties
4 snappis
4 set of pins
2 AI2
About 200 wipes(the whole family uses them We dont use toliet paper at all)
#6 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 03:00 PM

the stuff that actually fits him right now:

3 Fuzzi Bunz
1 MotherEase one size diaper
6 fitteds made by me
5 pockets made by me
2 dozen prefolds
4 wool longies
1 fleece cover made by me
5 wool soakers
2 wool butt sweaters
1 bumkins PUL cover
2 bummis PUL covers
2 store-brand PUL covers

hmmm....I think I need to make more fitteds!
#7 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 03:11 PM

I am new to CD, so I don't have a lot.

5 M Fuzzi Bunz
3 Wonderoos
(all found at thrift store)

1 M fitted made by me
1 pul pocket made by me
(2 other dipes made by me that I don't like)

2 wool covers made by me

I have 4 patterns cut to be sewn today too. Plus I have have liner patterns cut to make more of those too.

It's not much, but it can take me through the day as long as I wash during the day.
#8 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 03:29 PM

44 homemades for 2 kids. Yep... washing every day to every day and a half. Must make more! Link to see in sig (yep...whoring my diaper stash pics!)
#9 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 04:47 PM

StrawHatBrat, I'm boycotting your stash. Everytime I look at it (and I try to refrain, I really do!) I think, OMG those are soooo cute... then you get my addiction flared up and I wanna go sew more. MY DD has 30 diapers ALL to herself she doesnt NEED anymore but i NEED to make more. Problem is.. I'm out of closures (ordered on 1-2-06) still not here and its been 3 friggen days since I've sewn. I'm going to be sewing a stash for a friend of mine when THAT order gets here as well as my touch tape. OMG I'm having major withdrawals after seeing your stash again! BOYCOTT!
#10 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brogansmomma
My diaper stash currently consists of one nearly-full (60 count) bag of size 5 disposables and a whole bunch of recycled fabric.

Gotta clean up so I can set up the machine!!!

I realized a few months ago that I had too many. They did not fit on my shelf when they were all clean. I wash about every 4 days, and I was leaving them in a nice pile in the laundry room to assemble at one time when I was near the end of my stash. After 3 washings, I STILL had diapers on the shelf. And that did not include the two drawer-fulls of prefolds and MotherEase that I do not use. So now I am in the process of thinning my stash.

But I see that you all are right up there with me.

Except you, Cathiasplace. Just wait.
#11 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 06:26 PM

I just counted last week & discovered that I had only about 18 diapes for my 25 mo twins! (No wonder I felt I was always out of diapers! That included 1 AIO (homemade) & 2 flannel fitteds (homemade) but all the others were cast offs from my sister's experience w/ a diaper service (she never returned the diapers!) So just last week I made 4 more & am wondering if I should make more or go g diapers. Got LOTS of wraps!! 8 lightly used on ebay for 99 cents! (in addition to those I bought through the diaper service when I had it & about 4 I've made.)

NothingbutBreast - OMG - how do you get your whole family to use wipes? I've used them myself when I was out of TP one day, but I don't think I could convince dh to use them - he can go through 1/2 a roll of TP in one sitting!
#12 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepsmnms
Problem is.. I'm out of closures (ordered on 1-2-06) still not here and its been 3 friggen days since I've sewn.
I'm running low on closures too. I DO have Touch Tape, but I HATE HATE HATE it. I've got Aplix on the way (my OSDS order shipped today! ), and also have snaps on the way (haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, but it takes 11 days to get here from China, and I ordered yesterday). I have 4 diapers and 1 cover to make for friends, all snap closures. But I only have 17 black sockets. I have enough navy to do one diaper, but I've been saving that for a dolphin AIO I plan to make... Need to get to that before DS potty trains.

Snaps I have coming include white and black (KAM brand). Plus my OSDS order will have white Industrial sockets, since I only have like 2 of those. So I could do some diapers for friends with that, but 2 of the diapers I'm making really need black snaps, not the white Industrial that aren't entirely opaque.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#13 of 15 Old 01-18-2006, 07:24 PM

Baby is on the way, i planned on sewing up all I needed, but bedrest will keep me from most of that. I had 1 dozen prefolds, and now put in an order for 2 more dozen plus trying out different covers and such. And I do plan to make up some wool crochet soakers for the little guy!
I know I need more, but it's a good start!
#14 of 15 Old 01-19-2006, 12:48 PM

For William I have 9 AIO's that will have me doing laundry everyother day.

For the new baby I have
Newborn:
15 AIO's
9 fitted's(hand me down's)
4 covers

Small:
5 AIO's (so far!!)
#15 of 15 Old 01-19-2006, 02:53 PM

We have lots!

We have about 4 dozen prefolds (we only had 2 dozen and then someone offered 2 dozen on freecycle and how can you let that go?!?) Some are trimmed. about half a dozen are turned into prefitteds and I keep meaning to make the rest over. I was partially waiting because we trimmed the first prefitteds I made but I think we're going to grow out of the trimmed prefitteds soon. (I just remember... we loaned out 1 dozen of our prefolds... I knew that the shelf wasn't as full as it had been at one point!)

Then we had about a dozen pockets that I made. We gave away about 7 at Christmas that we were growing out of (and the outers weren't PUL so they weren't at all stretchy which meant they were being outgrown.) I then have made 3 AIO's and love them. I'm still tweaking the absorbancy and materials I'm using them in them right now. I have another 4 cut out ready to put together. I just have to find enough time to do everything I want to! the VB mediums are still plenty big for us.

Then we have 3 sww's
3 pr of recycled longies
1 pr knit longies
2 soakers
1 butt sweater.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page