nylon (and thrift/fabric store haul) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2006, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm back from my outing. Fabricland sucked for flannel. NOTHING cute and nothing on sale. I picked up 5yds of swimsuit elastic to try and I also picked up a pack each of black and white 1/4" elastic. It says 60/40 poly/cotton and it appears to be woven from what I can tell. They didn't have any Stretchrite. I can always find another use for it if it won't work for diapers. Should I get some of the Wazoodle woven?? I also picked up a remnant of 100% cotton terry. In pink! I figure no one will see it once the soaker is in his diaper.

I stopped at Value Village too and picked up two PUL coats. I can't remember what colour the one is but the second one is lime green with navy at the top part of the coat. I also picked up two or three nylon windbreakers. Will they work for anything? A use-once cover bound in FOE maybe? Should that be good for one or two pees?

Peggy: full-time shift-working mama to Kiddo (Nov|04) and Babygirl (May|11). Fiancée to Babe. Step-mom to Tween, my bonus daughter (Sep|00). Currently TTC - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c1739

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2006, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Shamelessly bumping this up because I wanna know about the uses of nylon. I'm working today from 6-4 but I'll be back on when I get home.

Enjoy your day! Post lots for me to read!!

Peggy: full-time shift-working mama to Kiddo (Nov|04) and Babygirl (May|11). Fiancée to Babe. Step-mom to Tween, my bonus daughter (Sep|00). Currently TTC - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c1739

Old 02-11-2006, 12:19 PM

If the nylon isn't laminated then I doubt it will work as a cover at all but I could be wrong. Did the coats say polyurethane inside or pvc (polyvinyl). Either will work but the Pvc doesn't hold up and isn't nearly as breathable.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

I have two 100% PUL coats and then two or three nylon windbreakers. I also have a 90/10 PVC/PUL coat from a previous thrift spree. I was just wondering if the nylon would work as a one-pee cover maybe during the day apart from naps. They were really cheap so I'm not out much money and I can use them for something else.

User Tag List