Your current diaper sewing goals - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2006, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, how's everyone doing on their long lists of things to do?!?

I'm not doing too badly... I'm not really following my proper order but I've managed to get my swap diaper cut out, a pair of overalls made and am starting on some of the prefitteds. I'm hoping to be done the prefitteds and the swap diaper by the end of the week and then it'll be on to the mama pads, another pair of overalls (I made a mistake on the first ones... inspecific pattern... irritating! but i figured out how to fix it for the next time and they still work for now) and the diapers for my girl. all in all I feel like I'm making a dent! YEA! (and i'm having a blast )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2006, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
nak

i'm finally making a dent .... i just got my swap cut out!! then of course lucy got hungry so here i am

oh.. and i also made a cut for a pink stretch terry fitted that i'm going to try with louie. it's my own f/s pattern so we'll see how it works!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
Old 02-21-2006, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I'm going to try to get my swap diaper cut out today, plus I need to make a mama pad for swap too. Now that I have white serger thread, I can do my peach velour topped girly color pads! Maxi-lock sent me a box of 4 white cones and 4 black cones, in exchange for me sending them 2 white cones and 1 black cone. Woohoo!

Last week, I finished the two AIOs I posted about in another thread. I still have one more cut out and ready to sew. That will actually be an AI2, and I think I'll make the soaker snap-in, since it will really have a re-useable cover (print outer, PUL inner).

I just got a package a few minutes ago with some olive PUL, so I'm thinking I'll make another VB AIO and another AIO from my pattern with that. I'm really loving the true AIOs right now, and with 3 layers of sherpa for the soakers, they seem to be getting clean (no smells), and they dry in the 2 dryer cycles I regularly do anyway (since Joey Bunz take 2 cycles for me).

Oh, and now that I have the white thread, I'm going to finally serge up DS's PJs that I have all cut out! I used the fire dog print from OSDS - so cute! And red interlock as well. The pants are print, and the shirt is red for the main body, white long sleeves, red sleeve cuffs and print neckline. The pants will have red cuffs as well. I think it will be cute! That is... if I sew it correctly.

Also, I was actually cleaning DS's room this weekend (*gasp*!), and as I was going through DH's old baby clothes and such, I found 3 more hospital blankets like the ones I used to make 3 other fitteds. So now I have materials for 3 more "free" fitteds! Woohoo! These blankets make GREAT fitteds. I can get two body pieces, two main soaker pieces, then another two soaker layers at the very front (wet zone). They work really really well.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15

User Tag List