The Adventures of the Travelling Swap Dipes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, in the midst of sewing like mad to get my swap packages finished, I've developed quite the bond with a few of the dipes. They are great gals and wanted to spend a little more time here before they are sent off to their new homes with Jes'sBeth and StrawHatBrat. I don't know why I gave in but it ended up being pretty fun! You mamas are going to have a good time with these wonderful dipes!

These are only the two loudest and most insistant parts of the packages so I will have to post pics of the complete sets tomorrow.

Who says diaper sewing mamas are a little nutty about their dipes? Who?

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bei...scfeEBhwLCy_B0

ps> because I am a mean hag, I'm not going to tell you which diaper is for who...
#2 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 04:28 PM

LMBO! You are so funny.
#3 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 04:32 PM

Thats funny as heck! Dang it, I can't find a funny smiley!
Ok, I"m no crazy, but i tried replying to this post and it put this same reply on another post. MDC has gone wonky!
#4 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 04:34 PM

You are a HOOT!

I love them both and can't wait to see which one is MINE MINE MINE!!
I'm so excited! I can't believe you took them out and took their pictures. I wish I could think to do something so hillarious.
#5 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepsmnms
Thats funny as heck! Dang it, I can't find a funny smiley!
Ok, I"m no crazy, but i tried replying to this post and it put this same reply on another post. MDC has gone wonky!
No, the sky isn't falling! I am not thinking clearly and I posted my thread twice, then while I was editing to say 'don't come in here' you were replying... this is really cracking me up this morning!
#6 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHatBrat
You are a HOOT!

I love them both and can't wait to see which one is MINE MINE MINE!!
I'm so excited! I can't believe you took them out and took their pictures. I wish I could think to do something so hillarious.
Yeah, I was visiting my brother and at first he was like 'um, no, I will not hold those for your pictures. Put them on the plastic bag and set them on the car while I hide inside.' then, he was like 'Those are actually nice. I thought they were hats. : No one will know you are taking pictures of diapers on vacation, no one makes diapers like that, they will think it's just your hats.' Um, like that's not so bad? Then, shortly after he was like 'Hey! Let's take the diapers to the falls! The diapers should go shopping too!'
#7 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 05:14 PM

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious...it makes me think of Amelie but with diapers instead of a gnome!
#8 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
:

That's great!

So was that the Banff Hotel? It's been almost 10 years since I was at Banff, but that hotel looks familiar, and with the Canadian flag and all...

Ok, I just pulled out my photos from my trip to Banff, and YES, that has to be it! I have a picture with it really small, but it's the same shape...

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#9 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, that's the Banff Springs Hotel!

Here's a better picture - isn't that just the most beautiful place on earth? (um, but it's possible I'm biased...)

http://www.banffinfo.com/wheretostay...ringsHotel.htm
(...that website isn't great but it's the best picture I could find.)
#10 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 05:36 PM

Oh, that looks really pretty in the spring! I was there in winter, so it looked more like what you showed us earlier. But it was still really pretty to me since I'm from Alabama and never see that much snow! Oh, and we arrived at night (was traveling with my boyfriend of the time), and I didn't actually get to see all the mountains until morning. Very neat. What we call "mountains" down here at the foot of the Appalacians (sp?) are NOT mountains. LOL.

I also got to go to Jasper during the summer. Neat that there's still snow on the mountain tops. And the lakes there were so gorgeous - you could see right through to the bottom!!!

I lived in Edmonton for 2 years, and I do sometimes miss it up there... If I had to live anywhere else besides here, that would be near the top of my list!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#11 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 08:45 PM

That reminds me of a friend Alex and I have. His father makes prosthetics and gave him prosthetic testicles just for fun... I have no idea why. He brings them everywhere and takes pictures of them. They've been everywhere... they've even been to war.
#12 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 08:56 PM

:
#13 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
That reminds me of a friend Alex and I have. His father makes prosthetics and gave him prosthetic testicles just for fun... I have no idea why. He brings them everywhere and takes pictures of them. They've been everywhere... they've even been to war.
OMG, I have totally been outdone!

Now, if you're friend's dad and I hooked up and these happened to be diapers for boys...
#14 of 55 Old 02-27-2006, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthenware
Now, if you're friend's dad and I hooked up and these happened to be diapers for boys...
Girl, you're killing me here!!!!

#15 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 12:35 AM

This thread ROCKS! I'm so happy that someone so cool is making a diaper for my little girl! I can't wait to see which one mine is My wife and I love them both! I'm so glad that the diaper is well travelled too. We like to take our cloth everywhere and will enjoy taking it around Ontario and Quebec and wherever else we may find ourselves when it fits. Perhaps we'll have to add to the scrapbook Or perhaps we should just take them back to Banff... It's been a really long time since I've been west and clearly the diaper had a great time!

And Boscopup... nothing against Edmonton but you need to see more of Canada! Edmonton was not my favourite city... of course I was young and I think my mom made me go to some boring museum or something... Such a cool diapermaker should definately be allowed to come and play up here in the cold and snow! (it's FREEZING in Ottawa these days... good for keeping the canal frozen for skating but too cold to actually enjoy it much )

I'm almost finished your diaper Earthenware... just have the insert to go. It looks
#16 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 01:36 AM

How fun! Man, you can sew & you're funny! You've got it all!
#17 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 02:48 AM

Holy cow! What a bunch of hoots here!!!

Seriously, I'm laughing out loud (much to the chagrin of Lucy, who was just about to fall asleep!!)!!

Yep.. there's definitely going to have to be another swap soon... you ladies are crazy, but it's oh-so-fun!!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#18 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 04:26 AM

: : : :

I'll have to show this to dh tomorrow afternoon!

You all are so funny.
#19 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 12:35 PM

roflmao!! beautiful dipes!
#20 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes'sBeth
This thread ROCKS! I'm so happy that someone so cool is making a diaper for my little girl! I can't wait to see which one mine is My wife and I love them both! I'm so glad that the diaper is well travelled too. We like to take our cloth everywhere and will enjoy taking it around Ontario and Quebec and wherever else we may find ourselves when it fits. Perhaps we'll have to add to the scrapbook Or perhaps we should just take them back to Banff... It's been a really long time since I've been west and clearly the diaper had a great time!
Now there's an idea! A travelling diaper thread... it could be a sticky! Actually, I was thinking for the next swap ('cause you know there's gonna be one!) we should try to get everyone who posts pics to include a 'hometown' picture of the diaper hanging out somewhere in it's birthplace.

I'm so happy you and your wife both like the diapers ... I'll post pictures of each package later this morning! (and yes, I'll add names...)
#21 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLav
Oh my gosh, that's hilarious...it makes me think of Amelie but with diapers instead of a gnome!
Oh, I love that movie! I forgot all about the gnome in it! The idea of doing this is so hilarious, but it's by no means my original idea. I mean, I can recognize funny when I see it but I'm not so hot at creating my own!

I had more ideas for pictures but I was SO freaked that I would in some way damage the diapers, you know, someone else's precious diapers that I tried to make just right! I wanted to take them out to the pub for a beer, take them for a horsedrawn carriage ride, let them get into some sweets at the candy shop, perhaps for a swim at the mineral hot springs, let them laze about in the hotel bed...

Besides, it was already suspicious enough carrying around a hermetically sealed ziplock bag and a loaded camera, waiting for a break in the crowd so I could set up a still life of the Travelling Diaper Sistahs and then trying to keep my son from grabbing them and running away... taking the dipes to a bar would be a little hard to act nonchalant about! I try to rein myself in once in awhile.
#22 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 02:28 PM

I really think we should all do it next time too!
How funny. Think of all the places we'll go!

So, ummm. Where are the pictures of the packages you spoke of?
And did you peek yet?
#23 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 03:14 PM

Well I think next time this swap happens,I will just have to join in.
I figured no one would want to do it ,because of shipping to the UK,but just think of the places the dipes I make could go..........Buckingham palace for instance!
#24 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayneysews
I figured no one would want to do it ,because of shipping to the UK,but just think of the places the dipes I make could go..........Buckingham palace for instance!
Ooh! Ooh! I want a dipe that's been to Buckingham Palace!!!!
#25 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I really think we should all do it next time too!
How funny. Think of all the places we'll go!
Yes, and if you are getting your own museum, then the least you all can do is dedicate a thread to me! The Earthenware Inspirational Display of Beautiful and Well - Travelled Diapers Thread....
#26 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayneysews
I would totally ship to the UK for a dipe like that!!!!!!!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#27 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthenware
Actually, I was thinking for the next swap ('cause you know there's gonna be one!) we should try to get everyone who posts pics to include a 'hometown' picture of the diaper hanging out somewhere in it's birthplace.
Ok, now I'm thinking I need to get a picture of JLav's diap with the goats, since it hasn't left yet. LOL. I still need to make the mama pad that goes with it!

#28 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes'sBeth
And Boscopup... nothing against Edmonton but you need to see more of Canada! Edmonton was not my favourite city... of course I was young and I think my mom made me go to some boring museum or something... Such a cool diapermaker should definately be allowed to come and play up here in the cold and snow! (it's FREEZING in Ottawa these days... good for keeping the canal frozen for skating but too cold to actually enjoy it much )
Well, I really liked Edmonton, probably because it's a big city but doesn't have the big city feel - it's spread out like the city I grew up in was. It really just reminded me of home... except much much colder! But when I was at school (University of Alberta), my Canadian friends would be complaining about the cold, and *I* was not! Me from AL where it rarely gets to freezing, and only snows real snow like once every 5-10 years!

I've also been to a few areas around Edmonton (one much farther north, but I can't remember the name... Fort something or other), Red Deer (got to see Schutzhund training there, and eat at the A&W alot), and Calgary, plus Vancouver for my brother's wedding. They live in OTTAWA now, and we're visiting in May!!!! They're having their first baby, and I still haven't gotten an answer on whether they plan to cloth diaper. They are fairly crunchy (much moreso than I am ), and I think CDs really fit well into their philosophy and such, but they just didn't actually look into it much yet, so I'm still waiting.

Anyway, I'll finally head a bit east in Canada. But I really did like Alberta and the Edmonton area. Just felt alot like home.

#29 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 06:30 PM

I would ship to the UK too... it's really not that much to send one diaper anywhere. Plus, it cost you more to send us a package too so the shipping balances out. Diapers really don't weigh that much and they pack pretty small.
#30 of 55 Old 02-28-2006, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup
Ok, now I'm thinking I need to get a picture of JLav's diap with the goats, since it hasn't left yet. LOL. I still need to make the mama pad that goes with it!
: Take a picture : of the : goat wearing : the mama pad! : Oh please!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page