Snap press ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 03-04-2006, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where do I buy from? thesnapstore?
There the press snaps(500 sets) and the die are 127 shipped fed ex.
Is that a good deal?
I tihnk i remember sometihng about diaper shops snaps not fitting in the snap source dies?
#2 of 16 Old 03-04-2006, 10:25 PM

I got my press at the snap store. The snap source snaps (the metal ones) do not fit unless you get the metal die set. I have the die set for the resin snaps and use the snapsetter with the hammer the rare times I want to set metal snaps, like when I make kids clothes. I have had nothing but positive experiences with my transactions with the snap store - I would recommend it any time

Ann
#3 of 16 Old 03-04-2006, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

That's the one I was thinking of getting. Do KAM snaps fit in them?
#4 of 16 Old 03-04-2006, 10:44 PM

It is a KAM press, so I am assuming that is what the snaps are. Not being smart alecky, I have never seen the snaps referred to by brand. I have only bought them from the snap store, just to be on the safe side. I am about to order more because I love them on my diapers.

Ann
#5 of 16 Old 03-04-2006, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

I ask because I KNOW diapershop press die set will not work with KAM snaps The KAM snaps seems to be cheaper! and less shipping
#6 of 16 Old 03-04-2006, 11:14 PM

That is the snap press that I just ordered. I love it already! I have only put snaps on two diapers so far. But still love it. The snap store was awesome about how quickly I got my package. I ordered on Monday. It shipped on tuesday and I got it on Friday!

The press, die set and two sets of pick your own colors was 145 with shipping.
#7 of 16 Old 03-04-2006, 11:39 PM

I know that diapershop snaps won't work in the snap store press dies because I got a sample & tried them, but I've heard that KAM snaps will work in the diapershop standard press dies. That's only hearsay, though, no experience here. The snaps you buy from the snap store say KAM on the back of the caps, so that's how you know they're the right ones.
#8 of 16 Old 03-05-2006, 12:43 AM

I recently bought a snap press from the snapstore too. When Jlav does her co-ops, it's KAM snaps.

Before I bought the press, I watched a few auctions on ebay. They all went for more than a new press, dies, and shipping would cost you. So, I think resell value is very good, especially if you've got left over snaps.
#9 of 16 Old 03-05-2006, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I use KAM snaps all the time in my OSDS standard dies. It's the OSDS Industrial dies that won't work with anything but their snaps. Two separate die sets, but the same press takes both.

Any of the presses will do KAM snaps if you have the right die set though. And yes, the Snap Store sells KAM snaps. You also can find lots of KAM snaps co-ops, or get them from Serena in China (her color selection is less than Snap Store's, but it's still really good, and you can't beat her prices! Those include shipping!). Serena sells presses too - $125 shipped, and it includes the press, size 20 dies, size 16 dies, and a bunch of snaps. If you don't think you'll use the size 16 dies, you could sell them for about $15 probably.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#10 of 16 Old 03-05-2006, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup
I use KAM snaps all the time in my OSDS standard dies. It's the OSDS Industrial dies that won't work with anything but their snaps. Two separate die sets, but the same press takes both.

Any of the presses will do KAM snaps if you have the right die set though. And yes, the Snap Store sells KAM snaps. You also can find lots of KAM snaps co-ops, or get them from Serena in China (her color selection is less than Snap Store's, but it's still really good, and you can't beat her prices! Those include shipping!). Serena sells presses too - $125 shipped, and it includes the press, size 20 dies, size 16 dies, and a bunch of snaps. If you don't think you'll use the size 16 dies, you could sell them for about $15 probably.
I cant see her snap presses it's password protected
#11 of 16 Old 03-05-2006, 01:18 AM

Another positive vote for a KAM press and KAM snaps. It's what I've been using on my dipes and clothing for DD and have been very happy with it. I got the press and dies from Wendy at The Snap Store and she is incredibly quick on processing the order and shipping. I have ordered twice and each time, I received the order less than a week after I placed the order.
#12 of 16 Old 03-05-2006, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amari's Mama
Another positive vote for a KAM press and KAM snaps. It's what I've been using on my dipes and clothing for DD and have been very happy with it. I got the press and dies from Wendy at The Snap Store and she is incredibly quick on processing the order and shipping. I have ordered twice and each time, I received the order less than a week after I placed the order.
I can ge tthe press, 20 dies, 500 set of snaps and shipping for 128 Isnt 500 set of snaps alot? Is that 500 full set or 500 pieces?
#13 of 16 Old 03-05-2006, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingbutbreast
I cant see her snap presses it's password protected
E-mail her for the password, or maybe someone else remembers what it is and will tell you. it was something simple, but I can't remember it. LOL.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#14 of 16 Old 03-05-2006, 01:29 PM

The Snap Store press is a KAM press and the Snap Store snaps are KAM snaps.

500 snap sets is not alot, trust me. It sounds like a alot but it isn't.
#15 of 16 Old 03-05-2006, 01:39 PM

Wendy from the Snap Store is awesome! She answer's question's quickly and ships out super fast. I absolutely love my KAM press and KAM snaps...as you can probably tell by the number of co-ops I do for KAM snaps! Speaking of which, they'll be another in a month or so.
#16 of 16 Old 03-05-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingbutbreast
I ask because I KNOW diapershop press die set will not work with KAM snaps The KAM snaps seems to be cheaper! and less shipping
I have the Diapershop press with the standard dies and I love it! Their standard die set works with KAM snaps beautifully. Plus I have had great customer service from them every time I buy something I don't buy my snaps from them because I get them from Snap Happy because it is way cheaper for me due to her being in Canada.

Steph

Steph~~momma to Rhys 2002, Niamh 2004, Isla 2007 and Deirdre 2009

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page