Do you have extra diapers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-08-2006, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There are a few great ladys out there that are trying to get diapers to low income familys and are low income themselves. They can't afford to get the thing where they can be nonprofit but they really are. There are running low on supplies and diapers ingeneral. If you have anything you are not using or just want to donate there is the website miraclediapers.com or you can go to diaperswappers and contact choose2bgr8 she is one of the leaders for miracle diapers. Like i said they can really use already made diapers but they will gladly take supplies anything you cna donate would make a great difference in somebodys life. It is a great program and if you want to donate you can at the website or get into contact with Amanda (choose2bgr8) or PM me and i can give you her address.
Thanks everyone
#2 of 14 Old 03-08-2006, 01:54 PM

I totally second this!!! I was going to post but didn't want to SPAM in the wrong area. I'm the "administrative assistant" for Miracle Diapers, it sounds so official but it just means I help with email, answering questions and keeping a spreadsheet of all the drive donors, here's some more info I put together for MDC giving:

Miracle diapers is a non propfit organization that provides cloth diapers to low income families. (www.miraclediapers.com) To celebrate their first full year of giving they are having a diaper drive. They have a new website explaining everything http://miraclediaperdrive.com/default.html , what to send, where to send stuff, and the PRIZES you can win. Yes, prizes! If you donate useable diapers durring the drive you get entered into a prize drawing and you can get multiple entries based on the amount of your donation!

AND if you gave to Miracle Diapers earlier in 2006, do not feel left out. Look here http://miraclediaperdrive.com/wst_page2.html for info on how your donation can still count towards some AWSOME prizes. Thank you for supporting such a great cause.

Rachel Flores
Administrative Assistant for Miracle Diapers

I know Amanda makes diapers and would to recieve any fabrics that could help her with this, but I'm not sure if that would count towards an entry in the donation drive drawing because the are looking for useable condition diapers, doublers, wipes, pins ect. right now. During the rest of the year that acctept ANY diapers in ANY condition. I will ask Ruth about whether fabric contributions will count towards drawing entries right now and will let you guys know. This is a really great cause and any help is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions you can post here and if I can't answer them I will get an answer for you.
#3 of 14 Old 03-08-2006, 02:20 PM

Thanks so much for that info! I'm sure that all of us compulsive-diaper-sewers, pattern-adjusters, fabric-over-purchasers, style-experimenters and baby-lovers all have at least a diaper or two that just didn't turn out the way we were hoping (maybe the fit, the fabric, the closure style just wasn't right for us or our babe), soooo why not send them off and bless someone else? Besides, the less diapers we have sitting around, the more reason we have to continue buying fabric and sewing new and improved dipes... and we all love that idea...
#4 of 14 Old 03-08-2006, 03:20 PM

I have a pile to send, but I wanted to fix them up a little bit first. I need to put hook tape on the wings too! I'm glad you posted this! I hope they get a ton of diapers this month!
#5 of 14 Old 03-09-2006, 05:41 PM

Bumping so more people see!
#6 of 14 Old 03-09-2006, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthenware
Besides, the less diapers we have sitting around, the more reason we have to continue buying fabric and sewing new and improved dipes... and we all love that idea...
um.. that's *exactly* what I was thinking last night after I cliked on the banner ad : ... I mean.. it's all for a good cause, right? So I need more materials to buy more dipes? right?!?

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#7 of 14 Old 03-09-2006, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

i just figured since you guys love to make diapers you may need a reason to make a few extra. Or make some new ones for yourself and send them old first trys off. They will take most anything that is in usable condition.
#8 of 14 Old 03-09-2006, 11:26 PM

This troubles me because I emailed Ruth at Miracle Diapers yesterday and asked her if she wanted some diapers that I'd made that were less than perfect but still very useable yet too small for my dd. I even sent her pictures of them. I got no answer as of tonight.
#9 of 14 Old 03-09-2006, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepsmnms
This troubles me because I emailed Ruth at Miracle Diapers yesterday and asked her if she wanted some diapers that I'd made that were less than perfect but still very useable yet too small for my dd. I even sent her pictures of them. I got no answer as of tonight.
I heard that she's having some health issues right now, plus the diaper drive keeps her prrdy busy I suppose!
#10 of 14 Old 03-09-2006, 11:43 PM

How do they feel about diapers that have light stains? I have tons of diapers I'm not using but a lot of them have light stains.

Jamie

Jamie ~ mama to Ryan (2.24.05) Luke (12.5.07)  Henry (6.27.09) & Josiah (due 4/11)
#11 of 14 Old 03-09-2006, 11:48 PM

*sticking foot in mouth. I hope she is ok. Someone pm me her snail mail addy and I'll just send the diapers to her.
#12 of 14 Old 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepsmnms
*sticking foot in mouth. I hope she is ok. Someone pm me her snail mail addy and I'll just send the diapers to her.
The address is on the miracle diapers site somewhere, under donations or something. Also one of the other miracle diapers administrator is on diaperswappers- I'll see if I can find her username- if you need to talk to someone.

Quote:
How do they feel about diapers that have light stains? I have tons of diapers I'm not using but a lot of them have light stains.

Jamie
I don't really know about stains, but I imagine they'd be ok. I believe they wash and sanitize everything before it goes out to a family. For the diaper drive, they have to be useable, but I don't know how that relates to stains.
#13 of 14 Old 03-10-2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihrimah
The address is on the miracle diapers site somewhere, under donations or something. Also one of the other miracle diapers administrator is on diaperswappers- I'll see if I can find her username- if you need to talk to someone.

I don't really know about stains, but I imagine they'd be ok. I believe they wash and sanitize everything before it goes out to a family. For the diaper drive, they have to be useable, but I don't know how that relates to stains.
I don't mind not being put in for prizes, but I don't want them to not get used, since I know I could find someone that would take them and use them. kwim?

Jamie

Jamie ~ mama to Ryan (2.24.05) Luke (12.5.07)  Henry (6.27.09) & Josiah (due 4/11)
#14 of 14 Old 03-10-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenecwalker
I don't mind not being put in for prizes, but I don't want them to not get used, since I know I could find someone that would take them and use them. kwim?

Jamie

I'd send them in. I'm sure they'll get used!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page