Mothering Forum banner

Waldorf Doll shopping

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Queen Gwen 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find an inexpensive waldorf boy doll.
My son has 1 already but, it was $98.
I want him to have another one... maybe 6 or 8 inches this time.
but, I want to spend less than $30.
If you have any links, LMK.

#2 ·
I am looking for something like the Magic Cabin dolls w/o the $$$ pricetag. Has anyone seen patterns available online to make your own, not the kits they sell but something even cheaper? I saw some beautiful ones at a LLL conference but was short of cash that day. I just can't bring myself to pay soo much for the dolly when I can sew KWIM?? Please snailmama if you find any links to patterns can you share
thanks
mary

#4 ·
Vanna's Mom, if you want to make your own you might try looking for some of the books on Waldorf-style dollmaking via Interlibrary Loan. Places like www.achildsdream.com have the fabric for skin and yarn for hair (they also carry the dollmaking books -- you can get a list of titles for ILL that way). You may well be able to find what you need in a local fabric shop and yarn shop, for that matter -- the hair is generally just a nice mohair and the skin is cotton knit. And the clothes, of course, are whatever you want them to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.