Waldorf Doll shopping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-13-2003, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find an inexpensive waldorf boy doll.
My son has 1 already but, it was $98.
I want him to have another one... maybe 6 or 8 inches this time.
but, I want to spend less than $30.
If you have any links, LMK.
#2 of 4 Old 03-26-2003, 01:32 AM

I am looking for something like the Magic Cabin dolls w/o the $$$ pricetag. Has anyone seen patterns available online to make your own, not the kits they sell but something even cheaper? I saw some beautiful ones at a LLL conference but was short of cash that day. I just can't bring myself to pay soo much for the dolly when I can sew KWIM?? Please snailmama if you find any links to patterns can you share thanks
mary
#3 of 4 Old 03-26-2003, 10:04 AM

snailmama, try elliebelly! i saw waldorf dolls there for $35! not sure of the URL though, sorry!
#4 of 4 Old 03-28-2003, 01:24 AM

Vanna's Mom, if you want to make your own you might try looking for some of the books on Waldorf-style dollmaking via Interlibrary Loan. Places like www.achildsdream.com have the fabric for skin and yarn for hair (they also carry the dollmaking books -- you can get a list of titles for ILL that way). You may well be able to find what you need in a local fabric shop and yarn shop, for that matter -- the hair is generally just a nice mohair and the skin is cotton knit. And the clothes, of course, are whatever you want them to be.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page