Who does origami? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 04-03-2003, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a couple of links to share. These are where I like to go to just look and,...... well,...... drool. :LOL

www.origami.as/home.html

http://www11.ocn.ne.jp/~origami/index.htm

Enjoy!

Jen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 04-26-2003, 03:08 AM

this is funny, i'm another canadian paper folding weirdo,:LOL i'm enjoying the links you guys found, i haven't done much origami lately but i'm thinking i must get into it again. the one origami thing i learned when i was little and still do whenever i run into a scrap paper on a table is the balloon one. where you blow it up. its always been my favorite, simple, fun and to the point my little 3 year old has been creating her own little folded and crumpled paper masterpeices, i'm thinking maybe she can learn some folding techniques soon.
any how, .... heres a simple kind of link for small kids that want to do origami ........
leafie

.......i'd hammer in the morning....

#33 of 34 Old 04-26-2003, 10:12 AM

My 3 yr old likes to crumple up paper and tape or glue it together too, when I'm trying to decipher the origami instructions: He is usually more thrilled with his own creations. When I finally finish my masterpieces, he looks them over and tells me what he thinks needs to change so it can suit his purposes, usually something related to a dragon. One of these days I'll post a pic of one of our modified creations.
#34 of 34 Old 04-26-2003, 10:49 AM

Oh, Leaf, I used the Aloha Shirt on that page for my brother's birthday card last year! I used really gaudy wrapping paper. He loved it! And I never could find the link again, so this time I've bookmarked it. I DID find the directions, though, in Rick Beech's Action Origami, which is a fun book (although I'm not sure how the shirt qualifies as action origami).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page