Sabrina , mom to 4 fab kids!

#92 of 95 Old 04-21-2008, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinat View Post
Wow...you don't even want to know how many machines I've added to my collection
Ha ha...another machine collector?!?! Well, I'm probably not a hard core collector...but I do have several machines. Most of them are dying and are refusing to be repaired at the moment. My favorite is a Baby Lock machine that's about 10 years old...it has sewn more than its fair share of quilts over the years! I've taken it apart to clean and service it more times than I can count! It's so worn that the poor needle plate is thin and bends easily. I've also had to replace the bobbin case...poor thing!!! Anyway...I also have a computerized Baby Lock machine that I've had for about 20 years...and I bought it used from So-fro, when we had one of those stores! LOL My most recent purchase was a HuskyStar machine...I'm not sure of the model number but it only cost me around $150 and boy was it the worst $150 I have ever spent on a sewing machine. Anyway...that's why I'm in the market for a new machine. I kinda want to buy one machine that is going to do my general sewing and also have some decorative stitches for my custom edged flannel receiving blankets. I'm a little nervous going all electronic...but I'm getting such a good deal on this Brother NX400Q that I'm finding it hard to pass up! Maybe I'll break down and send my mechanical Baby Lock in and see if a pro can fix it back up...it's seriously the best machine I've ever had! Oh...I also have a couple more machines that I recently acquired but I need to fire them up and see if they work or not!
#93 of 95 Old 04-29-2008, 07:41 PM

Last summer, my husband gave me a Babylock Ellure, with embroidery unit. I've also got a White Superlock Serger.

The Ellure is pretty much my dream machine. We got a really good deal on it ($1000 instead of $2500 full price). The only thing that could make it better is more embroidery designs and the quilting table to go with it. It's my dream machine because its got so many decorative stitches, embroiders, quilts, and lots of feet. I also like the automated touch screen.

But I'll admit, I kind of dream of getting a $15,000 embroidery machine that has multiple needles and can be threaded with 5-6 colors. Those are cool.

M.Ed. Mama to Chunka (1/07), Beauty (5/09) and Elizabear 3/12): Birth Doula (working toward certification) AAMI Midwifery Student, Advocating with Solace for Mothers & The Birth Survey

#94 of 95 Old 04-30-2008, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneology View Post
Last summer, my husband gave me a Babylock Ellure, with embroidery unit. I've also got a White Superlock Serger.

The Ellure is pretty much my dream machine. We got a really good deal on it ($1000 instead of $2500 full price). The only thing that could make it better is more embroidery designs and the quilting table to go with it. It's my dream machine because its got so many decorative stitches, embroiders, quilts, and lots of feet. I also like the automated touch screen.

But I'll admit, I kind of dream of getting a $15,000 embroidery machine that has multiple needles and can be threaded with 5-6 colors. Those are cool.
I have an Ellure too. I got it last spring and just finally started learning how to really use the embroidery . I like that you get a lot of bang for the buck and that it sews really nicely...plus the embroidery is great w/ a nice big stitch field. I've thought fleetingly about trading up the Ellure for an Esante, but I can't see the point. For what I want to do the Ellure is a perfect companion.

Sabrina , mom to 4 fab kids!

#95 of 95 Old 04-30-2008, 09:49 PM

I have a Singer Inspiration 4205. It's a very basic model, but I like it. I'm still a novice, so I didn't want to invest a whole lot of money right away. It was my birthday gift to myself last year. I picked it because it was reviewed (and got good marks) by ReadyMade the month before. It sounded like the right machine for my needs, so I bought it!

I haven't begun to think about a dream machine since I haven't exhausted my capabilities with this one yet.

"Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free, 'tis the gift to come down where you ought to be."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page