Made a wool cover with Snug Wrap pattern - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 06-03-2006, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
And it turned out great! There is a link that shows how you can modify the snug wrap pattern to make a double layer wool cover with snaps (or aplix) and while I used the general pattern, I changed the elastic placement and like it a lot better (I put it in towards the center about 1/4" and used lastin and only on the inside layer on all 3 elastic areas - I did that before I sewed the two sides together and top stitched).

(The link: http://www.sewdiapers.com/showthread.php?t=28)

Anyways... just wanted to pass that on for those who love wool but don't knit (or do, but want to do covers faster). I had kind of learning curve (lol!) where I undid the stitching to the entire thing so I could re-do the elastic the way I described above (the directions didn't work for me) and I like it a lot better... so the next ones should go quickly. I have about a yard and a half (maybe 2?) and I got a newborn (with one seam on the inside to complete the inside layer), 2 smalls and 2 mediums out of that wool - woohoo!

Anyways...

~Julie

Mama to 5 amazing little people, and a surrogate mama to another.
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page