Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mudmom, are you a member of clayart?
#32 of 39 Old 04-09-2007, 01:33 AM

Thanks for the pep talk. It's good to hear ideas from another potter-mama. I really like the idea of waking early to work. I'm gonna give it a shot. Now that I have my work space in the garage which is attached to the house, I feel better. I used to have to walk around the house to the back yard to the shed. I never want to leave my babies in the house alone sleeping or not.

Once, when dd was 3 I tried throwing on my potters wheel and she walked right over and stuck her finger in the motor, nearly cut the tip off. I think then I decided that I couldn't do it.

Gotta go
#33 of 39 Old 04-09-2007, 01:36 AM

Clayart? No.

I really like your work and your webpage has great information! I've gotta try that chores chart for the kids. You must be organized quite well to get so much accomplished. Thanks for the inspiration.
#34 of 39 Old 04-10-2007, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmama View Post
I've gotta try that chores chart for the kids. You must be organized quite well to get so much accomplished. Thanks for the inspiration.
The truth is, I am completely DISorganized, quite flaky and forgetful with a side of ADD. It's just that after 13 years of parenthood I have learned to compensate and adapt. If I can set up the chore chart once a week it saves me day after day having to nag and remind and be the bitchy mom...

I can barely remember to brush my own teeth and find my car keys most days, much less ask kids whether they fed the rabbit or practiced saxophone...

Thanks for liking my site ;0)

The one thing I have appreciated from being back in school, after years in my own studio, has been critique! I haven't had much feedback, or if I have, it's been from friends or family, and it was always positive (which doesn't always help). I just set up a "crit please" link on my page, asking folks to pick the best and worst of a bunch of unfired ewers I made this weekend. Anybody with an artistic eye is welcome to put your two cents in! (nothing's for sale, they are all for my MFA -- so I'm not pimping my stuff, really.

Believe me, my profs are brutal and I have a scary mid program review this friday with the art department, so you can't hurt my feelings. If primalpotter.com doesn't work, try primalmommy.com ... stuff's glitchy lately.
#35 of 39 Old 05-14-2007, 08:16 AM

I sort of turned from painting to photography after my son's birth. that has allowed me to be creative aside form the loss of presonal time.

I have also tried painting with my son (2.5) around and now he's interested in painting too......I guess I could try to paint with him and slowly set up some routines that establish that he does not touch my painting and vise versa.

Miriam
see some of my photos at : www.mm72873.etsy.com
#36 of 39 Old 08-02-2007, 09:30 PM

I am new here. I joined this forum just because of the fine art thread. I am a stay-at-home mother and part-time professional painter. I have been able to produce a number of works and continue exhibiting at galleries. I find I just had to get on with my work without any procrastination, which was hard at first, but soon became easy. It's sometimes frustrating having to wait 24 hours in between sessions to work on problems. I often forget what it was I was doing, but for the most part it is working well.
#37 of 39 Old 08-03-2007, 09:58 AM

Edwardia, I admire your persistence. I have only finished one painting (tho' a quite large one) in the last two years since my daughter's birth. Not only am I very skilled at procrastination, but also I have tended to be a painter who spends a lot of time sitting, thinking, looking...

Well last month I lost my painting studio and everything is packed in boxes. I was able to set up a small drawing studio in the house, and have been slowly working with cut paper. (I am wary of oils in the house—I am not a tidy painter.) Something very new for me. It has actually been a relief to focus my energy and thoughts in a different way.

Your work is lovely—hints of Gwen John and Courbet. I have a homepage only at http://www.cristinagonzalez.com One of these days I will get the rest of the website up and running!

Welcome to the MDC!
#38 of 39 Old 08-03-2007, 11:44 AM

Thank-you xochimama. I like the painting on your homepage very much. You should post more paintings on your website. I would love to see them.

I paint in my kitchen. I can keep relatively tidy there, and everything's on hand to clean up, and the surface are really easy to get oil paint off.
#39 of 39 Old 08-03-2007, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Both of you have a amazing work! I am so inspired. I'm slooowly teaching myself to paint (an expert procrastinator ). Both of your styles are right up my alley! As soon as I figure out how to create a link to this thread I'll share my lastest and you can tell me what you think. I'm supose to get one night a week where I go the the basement right after dinner and work late into the night. My dh is super busy right now but after Sept. I hope to increase my time to three night a week, I hope.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page