Mariposa as a maternity top - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 08-07-2006, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I have already knit one half of the back for Knitty's Mariposa and before I start on the front (or the other back side) is there anything I should do to modify it for a mternity top, or will it work the way it is? I will be TTC starting in Jan so hopefully I'll be hitting the 2nd and even 3rd trimester next summer and I'd love to knit up some cute little tops to wear. Any suggestions for other summerish maternity or easily modified for maternity tops?

TIA

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03, Amelia 12/13, and someone new coming 11/15, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-07-2006, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you get Interweave Knits? There is a really cute maternity top in the summer issue that could be made short sleeved.

This would also make a very nice maternity top:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTbelleepoque.html

I'm just not digging the Mariposa. :
#3 of 3 Old 08-07-2006, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I LOVE Mariposa!!!

There are a few things you could do to modify it, but it might look funny wearing it when you aren't pregnant. I was thinking you could add some short rows under the breast seam, under the black stripe.

I would also make it a bit longer in the front. Other than that it'll probably make a reaLLY cute maternity top!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page