Doll and Fabric Toy patterns? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-21-2006, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to sew some baby dolls and some bean bags for the kids. I went to the Waldorf homeschoolers site but the doll pattern link is dead.

Any other sources for patterns?

TIA!
#2 of 11 Old 08-21-2006, 08:40 AM

Subbing. I'd like to know too.
#3 of 11 Old 08-22-2006, 08:22 AM

joyswaldorfdolls.com
She has wonderful patterns for baby dolls. I have made the 16 inch button baby doll for my daughter and she loves it.
#4 of 11 Old 08-25-2006, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2E&O
joyswaldorfdolls.com
She has wonderful patterns for baby dolls. I have made the 16 inch button baby doll for my daughter and she loves it.
I was thinking of getting one of these and making my daughters each a doll for Christmas, but I was a little concerned. Firstly, I have never made a doll, but I do sew other things a lot. I have a pretty good sewing machine. How difficult are the patterns? I know she ranks them as beginner, average and advanced, but on the beginner one she also says "some have done well as beginners". Well, I don't want to pay a lot of money for the pattern, materials etc. and not have it turn out well. Also, I've never embroidered and it's my understanding that this is how you do the eyes, mouth etc? What does that entail? Thanks!

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#5 of 11 Old 08-26-2006, 04:12 PM

Check out www.weirdollsandcrafts.com The cute faces on these dolls are bit easier for a first timer to achieve successfully. This is a wonderful family run business and they are extra helpfull over the phone.
#6 of 11 Old 08-27-2006, 07:45 PM

If you have sewn other things a lot, then you would probably be fine with Joy's patterns. I had never made a waldorf doll before and not only was I successful at my first (button baby), but I have made quite a few other styles since.
I imagine that a "beginner" would who have trouble with these patterns would be someone who has never done any sewing at all and jumps right into doll making.
The embroidery is such simple embroidery- and she give clear instructions- that I think that is easy too.
I think you can also call them if you have questions about your doll that you are making.
#7 of 11 Old 08-27-2006, 08:26 PM

There is also a new site run by a sweet WAHM-Amy Prentiss. She has some nice doll and baby doll designs and clothing patterns for sale on her site www.dancingraindolls.com

Amy also carries the finest doll making supplies. I love her hand made wooden crochet hooks for doll wig making. She also carries a wonderful line of patterns for fairy cottages and other neat toys. She has always been really easy to talk to one the phone and returns e-mail very quickly. I am sure that she could coach you through any problems you might have on one of her kits.
#8 of 11 Old 08-29-2006, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyGranolaMomma
I'd like to sew some baby dolls and some bean bags for the kids. I went to the Waldorf homeschoolers site but the doll pattern link is dead.

Any other sources for patterns?

TIA!
The link actually has a typo in it (there's an "r" at the end that shouldn't be there). Try this: http://webarchive.afsc.org/doll/doll.htm
#9 of 11 Old 09-10-2006, 01:59 PM

Thanks for asking the question and thanks for the responses, I was just wondering the same thing, wanting to try my hand at making a few Waldorf-style dolls. Now if only I could find some time to sew...

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).
#10 of 11 Old 09-18-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punrocker View Post
The link actually has a typo in it (there's an "r" at the end that shouldn't be there). Try this: http://webarchive.afsc.org/doll/doll.htm
I came over here to look for some good tips because I'm going to try my hand at a doll for dd (I am totally *not* a seamstress.) Thanks so much for posting this link. I think I can do this!
#11 of 11 Old 09-19-2006, 09:59 PM

Oh no! The link above isn't working tonight and I didn't print the pattern last night.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page