Craft Circle - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-23-2001, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With the statement of purpose is it still possible to have another craft circle?
#2 of 8 Old 11-24-2001, 12:51 AM

I was not involved in the first craft circle....was there a problem with it? Fill me in so I can help you out!
#3 of 8 Old 11-24-2001, 12:54 AM

I have been a part of each craft circle, and it is sad that someone always seems to get left out.
If 15 people reply, usually only one gets forgotten, of course that is very hard to stomach if you are the "one".

I love the craft circle, but I am even hesitant to do one here.

Is there some way we could make it "safer"
?

Maybe if we let people post what it is they craft, with their email address, then someone can contact them and they can decide if they want to swap with that person on a one on one basis?

Or we can just live a little and go for craft cirlce number one at the new mothering? What do you think?
#4 of 8 Old 11-24-2001, 01:07 PM

Why does someone get left out? is it b/c of an odd number participating or is it b/c someone is not in charge to see that it is done fairly. How did you guys pick who would switch with who? LaLa, fill me in on how they were done.
I think we should just go for it!!!!
Do i recall Cynthia mentioning something about a forum created for this purpose or was i dreaming?
#5 of 8 Old 11-24-2001, 04:51 PM

I was one of the "left out" ones from #3 or 4 (i can't remember) It happens when someone doesn't ever send their craft. I was late in sending mine and if we do it again i would be early bc i have alot of dolls made and fall/ winter is my favorite craftin time.

soooo... i would love to have another circle or trade outright. It Maybe we should just take a chance.
#6 of 8 Old 11-25-2001, 01:31 AM

I was in a craft circle here and the person who was supposed to send me something was unable to do so. She let the person sending to her know the problem, and that person sent something to me. I know that has happened a few times..."closing the circle."
#7 of 8 Old 11-28-2001, 11:24 AM

i lost the info on the person i was to send my stuff too in the first swap, and it took me almost six months to get back in touch with her, after posting and posting and posting. I felt so bad i never took part in any of the other swaps, but i'd like to get involved again!!!
#8 of 8 Old 11-29-2001, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

kathie,
You can join the current craft circle...go to jumping into a craft swap (under Personal Growth), LaLa is organizing this one...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page