is there a good all-in-one machine? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-01-2006, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that serges, embroiders, and will also just do simple stuff like hems, etc? i'm trying to save up so i can convince dh it will be a worthwhile purchase... i do a lot of sewing for my dd's with their clothing and toys... but i'd like to be able to do more. I'd love to have a serger and embroidery options as well to have a nicer finish for gifts as well. I'd like to keep the cost at max around $500-$600

thanks in advance!
#2 of 4 Old 10-02-2006, 01:30 PM
p.s

I don't know if there is such a machine, but my preference would be to get a good sewing machine and then add serger later.
#3 of 4 Old 10-02-2006, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sergers work completely differently than regular sewing machines so you will not find combo machines that do both, though you might find some that say they have "overlock" or "overedging" capabilities.

Lots of sewing machines do embroidery, but I don't know if there are any in that price range.

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#4 of 4 Old 10-03-2006, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

thanks!! i do have a basic sewing machine that works well for most of my projects. i'd really just like to have the edging capabilities and strength that i could get from a serger. embroidery would be lovely to have also, but it makes sense that it wouldnt come all-in-one with a serger if they work completely differfently!
thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page