Mothering Forum banner

Mason Dixon anyone?

691 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  dillonandmarasmom 
#1 ·
I am working on a log cabin for the IL's and a mitered squares blanket for our very own family bed(page 3 to see my squares so far).

Is anyone working on any of these for x-mas...or for fun? I would love to see your colors, as well as the yarn you're using. I am also considering a more snuggly log cabin for my parents using a thick-n-quick. The one for IL's is a dk weight cotton.

Anyone?

#2 ·
I have a cotton log cabin in the works. It weighs about a ton, and I've decided I don't really like knitting with cotton yarn, so it may never get done. Or maybe I'll just bind it off and give it to the kids to use as a babydoll blanket.
I have plans to use my leftovers from holiday knitting to make a logcabin from all that-mostly wool, some wool/acrylic.

I like the idea of a thicker yarn for a fast, really warm one.

#3 ·
I just got this book for my birthday but haven't had a chance to try anything yet. Hopefully in the new year some time. I might do a dishcloth or 2 if I have time before Christmas but time is running short, lol.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyneburh View Post
I'm sooo loving "my" MDK book right now. I need to return it to the library though.
It's going on my Christmas list for DH to buy for me.

Right now I'm working on a log cabin blanket with worsted weight Wool Ease but I'm using size 5 needles so it's very dense and is rather slow going.

I
Me, too. I am doubling the wool ease and using 10.5's. It's really thick and soft. What are your colors??

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jodi5 View Post
I just got this book for my birthday but haven't had a chance to try anything yet. Hopefully in the new year some time. I might do a dishcloth or 2 if I have time before Christmas but time is running short, lol.
Me too! DH was a sweetheart and got it for me even though he protested the use of the word warshrag in the book! I haven't tried anything yet, but I've been pretty tired with the early stages of pregnancy. I'm hoping to get some energy back soon so I can get to work on my knitting!

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by norcalmommy View Post
Darcy, have you checked the knitalong? There's a TON of members, so you may have to dig through the archives to find any mitred square blankies. THere's also a log cabin knitalong...
Thanks, Gillian!! I have been to those, but usually just briefly. I'll have to fish around some more...really nice blankies in there.

Hope the little one's all better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.