hoppytoad made me a FABULOUS sling!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-22-2003, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just had to share: When my sister (hoppytoad) was visiting us out here in Seattle the beginning of April....she made me a beautiful sling to carry my sweet baby girl in. I had made one myself, following the Maya wrap instructions; but as my little girl got bigger, the sling started to dig into her thighs in hip carry (no padding, fabric too thin (my bad). NOW I have a lightweight dark denim sling with beautiful "batik'd" butterflies on it, with very light padding. The tail is fringed and I'm gonna embellish it a little more around the hem area, but I am sooo pleased with it. I have gotten countless comments around the area and am pushing her to get me some business cards I can just hand to people who ask "WHERE'D you get that gorgeous sling???"

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...99e4cd&notag=1

here's a pic, its number 8 out of 21 in my album. The pic doesn't really do it justice, honest.

And the best part.....my sweetie sister stayed up til 5:30 AM to make it, as we were going to the Tulip Festival in the Skagit Valley the next day and I needed something to carry my babe in (had taken apart my old sling to use the rings). We went to bed at 5:30 and got up at 7:00 AM...lol.

Thanks Karen!!!!! You are very un-toad-like

Love ya....Lisa
#2 of 4 Old 04-30-2003, 08:26 PM

That was really sweet of her

And the sling is very pretty! I LOVE denim!!!! And I've been experimenting with sewing my own.... Hmmmm....

#3 of 4 Old 05-02-2003, 12:33 AM

What a lovely sling! And what a beautiful baby to go in it!

You've got a great sister
#4 of 4 Old 05-02-2003, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, she is pretty awesome She's sewing me some homeade "Robeez" next. Can't wait to get em!! As for the sling.....she just copied her Kangaroo Korner one. I'm not a real fan of padded slings; but this one is very *lightly* padded and I LOVE it.

Karen, you rock!

Lisa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page