Status Checkl - Holiday Knitting! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 101 Old 12-12-2006, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do we get to see pics of this belt? It sounds really cool!
#62 of 101 Old 12-13-2006, 01:07 PM

I'll post pics when I'm done with it. It looks kind of funny at the moment because it needs to be steam ironed flat etc.
#63 of 101 Old 12-13-2006, 01:20 PM

OK, so I have avoided this thread so I would not have to face that I am very unlikely to get all my holiday knitting done but here's where I stand:

Finished
2 cable earflap hats for my dearest friend's littles (oops, they need pom poms)
2 pair matching mittens for above kiddos
1 pair s/m longies for FIN
1 hat for dd of FIN
1 hat for ds to match last year's scarf

OTN
Second wrist warmer to match hat for dd of FIN (will finish today)--DONE
NB hat for FIN, needs trim, pom pom, and finishing
Sweater for ds2---not gonna happne

In the planning stages, waiting to be CO
1 felted bag for my sis (will CO today)--Done
4-6 face cloths for my dear friends--Not gonna happen
4 pair of fuzzy feet for family friends--DONE...go me!
1 large shawl for my mom (won't see her until January)--has been cast on
1 pair socks for my dad (need to buy some superwash wool)--yarn has been bought
1 pair wrist warmers for my grandma--waiting on yarn
1 pair house socks for other grandma--um, not good excuse here
1 easy shawl for grandma in a nursing home (my mom just request this today)--turned into a more complex one, wiating on yarn
was planning 3 Branching Out scarves, but I don't think it will happen--yeah, next year, maybe

Karen (greengrl)...don't give up...you are my hope. If you can maintain the dellusion that you can get it all done, then so can I

Oh, and I will not see most of these people until mid-January, so I have lots and lots of time left (notice the self-dellusion there )
#64 of 101 Old 12-13-2006, 01:23 PM

updating my to-knit list

nb hat/longies for a fin

longies for a 2yo in the fin list

longies for a mama for a trade for training panties (actually 2 pair, one for her 2yo and one for her soon to be born)

hat for girlfriend (doesnt need to be done until end of Jan)
scarf for grandpa
hat for my baby
panta for me
dino for ds
after holiday knitting---6 or 7 "brown bag" from knitty

and now harry potter washcloths for a secret pal at school due wed

I got a lot of knitting done and reducd
#65 of 101 Old 12-13-2006, 03:20 PM

well, i'm going to go with the "coming soon" cards for most, i think -- dd has decided that all sleep is evil and that she cannot be physically separated from me at all, so there is nearly no knitting going on here i'm hoping to at least finish my dad's mocs.

Obstruct livery vehicles!

#66 of 101 Old 12-13-2006, 03:34 PM
WNB

I had so much fun with my first pair of Fetching that I decided to cast on another, since my yarn to finish Green Gable isn't here yet (grr). Going to either MIL or my grandmother, both would make good use of it. I might actually get 3 pairs out of the two balls of yarn I have in this color.
#67 of 101 Old 12-13-2006, 07:56 PM

Myself a scarf, to break up the monotony of the holidays.
I used huge needles, and found a cool ribbon yard to match my favorite Lucky Brand sweatshirt.
#68 of 101 Old 12-14-2006, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadaisy View Post
Karen (greengrl)...don't give up...you are my hope. If you can maintain the dellusion that you can get it all done, then so can I
OMG! I am I don't know if you should use me as a role model. I have a tendency to delude myself until the last possible minute and then end up a little stressed out, crying, snapping at my husband ball of goo on the floor. I make cakes and sometimes cater, and those are the worst...

I finished the 4th wrap for the FIN and cast on the 5th one this morning. I am hoping to get these last two done between today and tomorrow. Taradactyl3 lives only 3 miles from me, and we met in person for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm teaching her to knit, but I don't think she's been on the Yarn Crafts board yet. She's going to help me sew on the velcro since I have never really sewed anything. She, her husband, and their 2 year old DS have all had a really bad cold this week, though. If she's feeling better, we'll be able to get the velcro sewed on this weekend.

After that, I still have 7 panta/scarf sets for the women in my family. But I will have more than a week before Christmas, and a few days more visiting with them before I leave. We'll see how it goes. I've decided I'm going to do them in the order of how long I have to complete them -- my sister's first since she has to fly home Christmas night, then my aunt and two cousins since I am staying at their house, then my mom, then my grandma and my cousin's girlfriend since they live in Florida also and I don't have to get them done before coming home since I see them all the time.
#69 of 101 Old 12-14-2006, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

I'm down to the bottom of the list!!!

1 panta
2 hats
1 pair of slippers

All projects that I know I can get done relatively quickly, so I'm actually not knitting until the weekend. I truly don't know what to do with myself in the evenings!!
#70 of 101 Old 12-14-2006, 03:06 PM

I have three more apple washcloths for dh's grandmother,
a pair of mittens with the detachable finger part for dh,
half a panta left for my SIL,
two hats for my dad,
and a bowl of fruits for my friends' dd.
Sheesh. I can't believe how much I've knit in the past two months!!!:
#71 of 101 Old 12-15-2006, 10:59 AM

I have to bump this onto the first page. I am finding this thread to be motivating -- all I have to do is see the title, and I do a mental check to see where I am with my projects!
#72 of 101 Old 12-16-2006, 03:28 AM
WNB

1) Fetching II finished, wrapped, and in box going to grandparents. I like the second pair better b/c I added an extra cable to the cuff and a few more of the "rib" rounds, so it covers a little more of the fingers and wrist now. First pair is going to live in LA, while second pair will be in upstate NY, so both should be fine.
2) Finishing work for Mom's hand-dyed hat and matching clutch done (pom-pom for hat and closure for clutch) done
3) IOU for slippers for my Dad done up in an amusing fashion

Yarn for finishing Green Gable still not here, argh. Nor is the fiber trends pattern I ordered at same time to make for my Dad (hence the IOU).

Gifts for MIL & FIL & DH outstanding. Might make felted clog IOUs for both.
#73 of 101 Old 12-16-2006, 11:22 AM

Okay, reading mama daisy's unfinished list makes me feel much better.

My Christmas knit lists:

done:
uh....
nada

in progress:
men's zippered raglan for dh - almost done with the body up to dividing for the yoke
scrunchable scarf for friend - a little more than halfway done
Christmas stocking for ds - just turned the heel

not yet started:
voodoo wristwarmers for friend
Christmas stocking for other ds

I made such a modest little list for myself this year, but I got a late start b/c of being out of the country for awhile in November, and then knitting necessary objects (non-Christmas) once I got home. I really wanted to get the raglan done for dh, but I have to finish the stockings and gifts for friend first (since I don't have anything else to give her, unlike for dh)....
#74 of 101 Old 12-17-2006, 12:58 AM

I have finished the 5th wrap for the FIN and have the final one OTN and about 1/4 done.
#75 of 101 Old 12-17-2006, 01:10 AM

Oh geez.

Finished:
Wraps for Kathryn (yeah they are late )
Sheldon for nephew
Tarot bag for DH

OTN:
Doll and clothes for neice
Starfish from Toys to Knit for DSS
Socks for MIL (which are actually for her birthday in Jan.)
Wand for DSS (re-doing it...I frogged it alst night cause it looks like a dildo )
Socks for DD (pattern from knit Socks!)

OTN after those ones are done:
Wraps/longies
hats
scarfs
and possibly mittens for a FIN.

Yes those are getting done last. The mama will be out of town so I have a bit of extra time. Since I am making so many things I want to be able to focus only on her things until they are finished.

I think I'm halfway done with all those except for the socks for DD. I just cast on for those..oh and DH's tarot bag. I cast on for that last night and am having issues with my counting.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#76 of 101 Old 12-18-2006, 03:56 PM

This thread almost made it to the THIRD page.

I finished the final wrap for the FIN, but I think it looks to much like a boy. It is gray, olive, and a couple colors of sky blue. The FIN specifically asked for gender neutral since the mama is expecting and they don't know the gender. So I've cast on a 7th wrap. I'll keep that other one to gift to someone else. Or maybe for a swap.

I haven't even started on my own family yet, so I've got to get going!!!!
#77 of 101 Old 12-18-2006, 04:55 PM

Quote:
This thread almost made it to the THIRD page.
We're all too busy knitting!
#78 of 101 Old 12-18-2006, 05:34 PM

I finished the nb longies/hat for a FIN. The last 2 FIn items will go after Christmas since I am waiting for yarn from one and measurements from the other

which leaves me with
washcloths for secret pal, will do tonight
trade longies
hat for friend
7 "brown bags" from knitty
scarf for grandpa
panta for me
hat for DD since my other DD decided she liked her sisters hat better lol
hat for DS he decided he didn't like the skater hat I made so I frogged it :/
dino for DS, may restart and use an acrylic yarn instead of the wool
and I recently added, mostly for after xmas, 2-3 rainbow scarfs or belts

why does it seem the more I get done and remove off my list the longer my list gets??
#79 of 101 Old 12-18-2006, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeMomma View Post
why does it seem the more I get done and remove off my list the longer my list gets??
This is exactly how I feel!
#80 of 101 Old 12-18-2006, 07:22 PM
WNB

Green Gable yarn arrived, si I used the 20 yards or so I needed to finish the sleeves. Now what to do with the remainder, lol Sweater is washed, blocked, dried, and looks yummy. The waist shaping was much more apparent after blocking, which is good. I found a ribbon I saved from the wedding of the intended recipient, and used that to wrap the package. I'm really happy about how it turned out. Now let's just hope it fits her well!! I think it's a little long, but it is pretty much what she requested.

Next up: either a market bag to use up the extra cotton fleece, or finishing up the alpaca soaker. If I do the latter I will have only one project that is stll in-progress (my Magknits potholders stalled out at the sewing step).
#81 of 101 Old 12-19-2006, 08:12 PM

started on my grandpa's scarf today. I was going to knit the irish hiking scarf and about 36 rows in or so decided it was too wide and I wanted a bit more definition with the cables so I re-wrote the pattern to accomadate what i wanted and frogged the whole thing. I'll post the alterations in my blog tonight or tommorow
#82 of 101 Old 12-20-2006, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OMG I'm panicking a little! So far I've gotten two (of three) pairs of mittens done for DS' teachers, and a Panta for my neighbor. Other things I was supposed to finish by Christmas are:

-Fetching for my Mom
-Teddy Bear for DS
-socks for DH
-hat for toddler neighbor and one for her Dad

CRAP!!!!!

I think DH's socks are going to wait.

Mooooom! to  guitar.gifDS (1/05) and whistling.gifDSS (11/05).  TTC fingersx.gifour "ours" after VR on 10/12.  

#83 of 101 Old 12-20-2006, 11:20 AM

I'm struggling with the slippers. Ditched most other things, and I'm finding the slippers really hard going.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#84 of 101 Old 12-20-2006, 12:04 PM

I have one moc left and I am done. I figure all I need is a good 2 hour spread where I can dedicate to knitting. I did finish my friend's lacy socks so those are in the mail and should be there by Friday. Next to that I am vowing to start earlier. Promise. Really.
#85 of 101 Old 12-20-2006, 12:09 PM

I am in serious trouble with my knitting. Oh well. I have started on a shawl for myself to wear to a party this Friday. It's on size 17 needles, and I'm finding I actually knit slower with these big needles because I find them awkward to hold. I'm about 1/2 done with it, and am hoping to finish the knitting today. it is supposed to be sewn along one edge and have fringe added to it, but I'll be happy if I can finish the knitting part.

I really have to start cranking out pantas and scarves! I am hoping to at least cast on one panta today. If I'm really lucky, I might even finish it...

Tomorrow we are flying and then when we arrive we have to drive 3 hours or so. I should be able to get a few things done tomorrow as a result.
#86 of 101 Old 12-20-2006, 02:21 PM

well, i'm waving the white flag -- after my peace fleece short yardage fiasco and with dd being sick this week there's been no knitting. i'm hoping to finish the panta for me soon-ish and then start on IOU's, but i'm not sure about doing the mocs for everyone. i'm not wild about how dh's turned out so i may be looking for other projects to use up this peace fleece.

Obstruct livery vehicles!

#87 of 101 Old 12-21-2006, 02:16 AM

I finished the shawl I was making for myself, but still have to put the fringe on it. I've gotten about 1/3 done of my sister's panta. I have decided I am going to knit things in the order I must give them to the recipient. Several of my relatives will be getting the yarn wrapped up, but I should finish all the actual knitting before I go home...

Our plane leave at 11:30 tomorrow morning. My grandparents are flying with us and they are scheduled to arrive at 8:00 in the morning. I am not sure if I will have internet access while I am gone, but I'll be sure to come and update you when I return so you will know how well I did with actually finishing everything.
#88 of 101 Old 12-21-2006, 02:37 AM

have a safe trip!
#89 of 101 Old 12-21-2006, 03:12 AM

Thank heavens for bad weather! I have been granted a couple extra days because of a blizzard to finish up knitting! Good thing too, I have yet to finish that doll. I started some socks for myself instead.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#90 of 101 Old 12-21-2006, 03:20 AM

LOL ARE you done them yet!??? are you are you :P

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page