Hey scrapbookers, I have a question. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-28-2003, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do any of you just use ALL your pictures for scrapbooking? I have pictures from the last 10 years in a box and really, really want to organize and scrapbook them, but, I want to use all of them. I can't decide on 2 or 3 of them. For example, we went on vacation 5 years ago and I took around 4 rolls of film....all the pictures came out great! I want to use them all, but I thought the idea of scrapbooking was to pick just a few and use them and that's it....am I wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-29-2003, 11:12 AM

in that situation what I do is take the best few and make a pahe with lots of journaling to explain where we were and what we did, etc. and then to put the rest of the photos in the following pages in a fairly simple layout. And I don't always use all the pics but that way i don't have to eliminate so many.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#3 of 7 Old 04-29-2003, 11:31 AM

I use any photos that come out well.

For your vacation if you have four rolls of great photos use them by all means. You may be able to crop them so that more fit on a page - but if the complete photos are all perfect then use them as is - you'll just fill more pages fast, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. You might also want to use a big 12 x 12 book so you can fit more photos per page.

Have fun!
#4 of 7 Old 04-29-2003, 12:36 PM

I do exactly as kerc explained. I use *all* the pictures that came out well, but if its a whole bunch from one event, only the first page will have journaling, embellishments, etc. The rest I will just put in very simply.

Pictures that aren't so great, or pics that are good but we have many that are almost the same, I put in my daughter's scrapbook box. That way she has pictures to play with as I do my scrapbook!
#5 of 7 Old 04-29-2003, 05:54 PM

I just have to say that I am so relieved that I am not the only one with ten years worth of photos sitting in a box!

You've inspired me. Maybe it's not hopeless!
#6 of 7 Old 04-29-2003, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

These are great ideas....thanks.

Now, to actually get started.....ugh!
#7 of 7 Old 04-29-2003, 08:20 PM

I just saw on TLC a scrap book convention and they had this picture holder for scrapbooks pages that held up to 20 pictures. It folds in on itself. I thought it was a neat idea. Can't remember what it was called.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page