Does anyone like to crochet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-01-2003, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 10. That's been 17 years ago. To me, crocheting is so relaxing. I can pour myself into what I am working on and not worry about anything. I am currently working on a dedication for my daughter (which, by the way hasn't been concieved yet!)
I know that knitting is more popular (though I never could figure it out) so I was wondering how many of you enjoy crocheting.
#2 of 7 Old 05-01-2003, 11:43 AM

I used to crochet quite a bit. My mom taught me when I was six. (I'm 29 now) I used to make doilies a lot, and I have made baby blankets for all four of my kids plus many of my friends babies as well. I haven't actually done any crocheting for a long time though. I'm too much into the origami crafts now, and when my life gives me a bit of time, that is what I'm working on instead.

Personally I think crocheting is much better than knitting too!
#3 of 7 Old 05-02-2003, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

I have made baby blankets for all of my nieces and nephews. I love giving them something that is from just "me". My sis told me that she could see my love in every stitch!!!
#4 of 7 Old 05-03-2003, 09:32 PM

I started my own personal crochet renaissance last fall when I taught dd's Girl Scout Troop to crochet...I hadn't crocheted for ages! After this adventure I got a copy of Nicky Epstein's book on crocheting for Barbie (at least, I think it's by N.E....maybe not). Lots of fun. I think I learned to crochet around age 6, which was over 30 years ago. I was designing my own Barbie clothes back then.

There was a discussion on Groovy Crochet on here awhile back, so there must be some more crocheters out there who haven't responded yet.
#5 of 7 Old 05-04-2003, 11:40 AM

I, too, love to crochet and haven't figured out how to knit!
I make blankets hats and scarves as of right now. I have a really hard time with all but the most basic of patters, my attention span cannot handle all those abbreviations!:
love it tho and have made some really cute stuff, seeing as tho I just learned 8 months ago!
Shell

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#6 of 7 Old 05-05-2003, 11:54 AM

I am just learning after many failed attempts at teaching myself from books, etc. My aunt is teaching me, and I love it.
#7 of 7 Old 05-05-2003, 12:39 PM

I love to crochet. I start lots of projects and never finish them though. I am making myself a little bag right now to attach to the sling to put money, keys, etc. in. I want to make a sling too, I have a pattern but finding the time is hard.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page