Hand made photo albums/journals...very EASY craft! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-19-2003, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Fairy Journal...first attempt!

This was so simple! I had some handmade paper that I got from a friend, but you could use any paper you like.

Then I took some cardboard pieces for the front and back.
I got some pretty fairy fabric and glued and taped it down over teh cardboard.

I then took construction paper and glued it on each inside cover to hide the seams etc.

After it dried, I put my paper inside and sewed straight through all the layers with my doll making needle and embroidery floss.

Very simple! This would be a fun craft for kids of many ages, and for mamas like me too

Plus, it's another excuse to use up some of that leftover fabric!
LOL

Have fun mamas.
#2 of 4 Old 05-19-2003, 12:58 AM

Ooh! Those are sooo pretty!

I have done similar albums before.

A neat closure trick:

Before you put the back cover's construction paper on, cut a ribbon (2x width + 4-6inches: approx. 20-24 inches for a book of 8.5 width).

Glue the ribbon horizontally in the center of the back cover, Then cover with the construction paper. Assemble the book as you said. You now have a ribbon to tie your book closed!

(I really hope that makes sense - I'm not very good at directions!)
#3 of 4 Old 05-19-2003, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

oh yes, that makes perfect sense! i used to do that when making cards too and it is so cute!

my friend, Tasha (who makes WAY better journals then I will ever even TRY to make) has made some for me where she sewed a button onthe front and sewed embroidery floss on the back so the floss would wrap around the button to keep it closed too. It is really cute and you can do a lot with a button in terms of creating a style!

She also made me one with a stick tied on tightly with embroidery floss. The stick was going up and down with the end of the page. It was very rustic and cool!
#4 of 4 Old 05-19-2003, 07:40 AM

Oooo, LaLa-it looks great. Just what I need- another crafty idea to try-just when I'm in the middle of about 3 others! LOL
But it would make a great swap or gift and a great use for leftover fabric like you said.
Thanks for sharing!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page