Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a new and strange place
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I decided to go with the smaller needles- I washed the 2nd swatch and it stretched just a tad so I was just about on guage. I'm currently right where you seperate the sleeves and put it all on spare yarn to try on. Well, the armpit is a bit high on me, so I will add in a few more rows. Next time I try it on, instead of doing the purl row and joining the sleeves *then* putting it on scrap yarn, I will just put the sleeves on yarn without joining first and attach a longer circular wire so I don't need to throw the rest on scrap yarn too.
I'm currently picking out that purl row I did so I can add more rows in *sigh*. I also increased for the neckline every 6 rows instead of every 8 (but kept track of both so there was enough armpit increases) and then 5 times of neckline increasing every RS row along with armpit increases. This is to give a shorter neckline so I won't need to wear a shirt under to hide the boobs, and to give me more room to short-row the bust before having to do the waist. When I tried it on, the neckline looked good (and lotsa room for bust short-rows. Right where I would want it, but when I go to add the collar it will make it a bit smaller. So I think I won't join the neckline for a few more rows too, until the armpit is long enough.