silk painting/working w/resists and dyes?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-24-2003, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, for those who didn't read my previous post....I got a gift certificate from dharma trading and now have realized I"m interested in silk painting.

questions:
if you use a water soluble resist (or presist or whatever...i'm still confused about this..) and your paints/dyes are heat set (which what I think I want to do rather than steam them.) then do you iron the resist as well?? I'm so confused and want to be careful to buy products that work together, KWIM?
Basically I want to iron set my dyes or paints and not have to dry clean my resist out. ANy ideas or experience?

Also, has anyone had any experience w/resisting on regular old cotton w/procion dyes? I want to be able to make simple designs w/resist....maybe later move on to batik but can't imagine working w/hot wax right now. : I read about their "magic batik" stuff but said it gets hard in hot water. Is the warm water used to set the procion dyes "hot" enough to make that work well? The more I read, the more confused I get!! LOL

well thanks so much again mamas. One of these days I will get the perfect order down...and actually order!!
Blessings~

User Tag List