Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
4 cups of sand
3 cups of flour
1 cup of water
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup corn syrup
Mixing bowl and spoon
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Add liquid ingredients. You can add a bit more water, if necessary. Create!
Peanut Butter Playdough
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup liquid honey
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup rolled oats.
Mix together and use.
1 Can Frosting Mix
1 1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
1 C. Peanut Butter
Mix all ingredients in bowl with spoon. knead into workable dough. Model as with any dough.
1/3 c. plaster au paris (quick setting)
3 t. water
1 T. paint
Mix all ingredients. Scoop into empty toilet paper tube. Let set for 20 minutes. Peel off cardboard. Let dry for one day.
Here's a no-bake concoction very similar to an expensive toy store solution used to create rubber-like creatures.
What You Will Need:
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
2 Tbs. hot water
2 Tbs. white glue
1/2 Tbs. liquid tempera paint
Assorted candy molds
How to Concoct It:
1. Mix liquid tempera paint and white glue together in a bowl.
2. In another small bowl, mix gelatin and hot water together until gelatin is completely dissolved.
3. Add the gelatin/water mixture to the glue/paint mixture.
4. Stir until the concoction begins to thicken. This can take as long as 6 to 7 minutes.
5. When the mixture thickens, quickly pour it into a candy mold or cookie cutter.
6. Place the mold in the freezer for 5 minutes or until firm.
7. Carefully remove the Kookie Creepies from the candy molds or cookie cutters and allow them to dry for 1 hour on each side. Store in an airtight plastic zip bag.
Tips and Ideas:
- Play with Kookie Creepies just as you would any other kind of rubber-type creature.
- Allow Kookie Creepies to air dry for 2-3 days and they will transform into hard plastic like creatures.