"Cardigan for Merry" KAL!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 134 Old 08-27-2007, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, I have another question. I'm getting really close to finishing the second side. I gather I sew everything together before I start with the hood. Should I block the pieces now, or wait and block when I'm completely done? If I do it now, will it do something funny to all those live stitches?

And how are the rest of you doing? Surely someone else has pictures!

Mama to a goofy : girl and babycakes :
#122 of 134 Old 09-16-2007, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

OHMYGOSH, you guys. What is going on here? No updates since 8/28? Fill me in!

My sister reports that she's doing well on her sweater. She found some folks on Ravelry (yes, she's already on there, of course) who were doing this project, so she's using one of their adaptations. She's knitting each piece separately until the decreases start, and then doing it in the round.

I'm almost done with the increases on the hood. I screwed up the very first increases, but I did NOT want to rip out two long rows with cables to boot, so those little holes I created by knitting into the front of the stitch on my M1 increases will just have to stay. And add character. Or something. Other than that, it's going smoothly. The spots at the shoulders where I picked up stitches over the sleeve caps look... well, amateurish is a nice word for it. But the hood will cover it most of the time and generally-speaking it looks pretty great.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#123 of 134 Old 09-17-2007, 01:46 AM

I was coming to post tonight. I'm done. Done done done done done. Buttons on, ends woven in, done. Done done done. Exhausted but done. And it's so cute. Because it's done. The weave across the top was rough and didn't come out perfect, but it's done. And I'm even pretty sure it fits. Did I mention it's done? Done done done done. I'm so proud of me. I learned so much about knitting and the glory of being done. Done done done. I'm so tired. But done!

#124 of 134 Old 09-17-2007, 01:47 AM

Did I mention I'm done?

#125 of 134 Old 09-17-2007, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Fallriverfox -- you are done? No way! That's great! When the heck are we going to see some pictures already??

I'm getting close enough to taste it, but I took a break from it for a week or so to finish a scarf for Dan (and get some kitchener practice, which proved to me that I need some *more* kitchener practice).

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#126 of 134 Old 09-17-2007, 12:28 PM

:

I have the back done and a couple of inches of one front. I took time off from it to knit baby gifts for my SIL who just had a baby girl and my niece who is having a little boy next month.

fallriverfox-Yay for you! I cannot wait to see pictures! hint hint.

Megan- It sounds like you are close!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#127 of 134 Old 09-17-2007, 08:50 PM

Well, I didn't post pictures yesterday because I finished at like 10pm. And as delirious with happiness that I was, I wasn't so excited that I was going to wake the child, shove her in the sweater and make her smile for the camera. Crazy, but not that crazy. So here it is in all it's glory.
Hood up:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11600093@N06/1398561399/
Hood down:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11600093@N06/1399426106/

And I'd like to thank the rain for putting in a appearance today so I didn't have to be the crazy lady with the toddler in a sweater in 80° heat at library story time today. Because now she has to wear it everywhere!

#128 of 134 Old 09-17-2007, 10:10 PM

That looks great! I'm impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallriverfox View Post
Well, I didn't post pictures yesterday because I finished at like 10pm. And as delirious with happiness that I was, I wasn't so excited that I was going to wake the child, shove her in the sweater and make her smile for the camera. Crazy, but not that crazy. So here it is in all it's glory.
Hood up:
Hood down:

And I'd like to thank the rain for putting in a appearance today so I didn't have to be the crazy lady with the toddler in a sweater in 80° heat at library story time today. Because now she has to wear it everywhere!
#129 of 134 Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallriverfox View Post
Hood up:
Hood down:

It's so beautiful! That yarn really did the cables & moss stitch justice.

As did you :-)

And of COURSE she has to wear it everywhere. You'd be nuts not to enforce such a policy! Especially on trips to the LYS, so you can get instant street cred with the staff.

#130 of 134 Old 09-22-2007, 12:20 PM

That is gorgeous!!!!!! Wow I love it!!!

I have a question, is everyone doing the cable from the actual pattern, or the one that was given free by a member here, have the link handy cause i cant find it? I am going to be casting on (HAHA, late i know!) very soon, and am kind of confused on where to begin. Did anyone ever do a size 5 adjustment? I'm thinking of using the Knit Picks Jack Hoodie and just adding cables I don't know where to start :
#131 of 134 Old 09-22-2007, 04:27 PM

I did a 3-4T if you are interested in my adjustments. I did use the actual cable pattern because it's reversable and it really shows with the hood. I'm pretty sure the linked patterns weren't so pretty on the back. Also, the Cardigan for Arwen pattern has the instructions for matching the cable across the hood, which I completely hosed up, but maybe if you are better with directions than me, you would have better luck.

#132 of 134 Old 10-09-2007, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

I finished early last week! There are pictures of my kiddo in her cardi on my "neglected photo blog" link in my sig. Didn't turn out perfectly (especially because I dorked up the hood graft in the pattern), but it's still really cute and extremely functional.

#133 of 134 Old 10-09-2007, 09:39 AM

Oh I love the color you used! And did you do the buttons differently? Your dd is so cute!

#134 of 134 Old 10-11-2007, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I just put on one button. I couldn't fathom the thought of covering up more of the cables!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page