Anyone Else Obsessed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-13-2007, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I dont know why, lol, but I've become OBSESSED with making diapers. I'm learning to knit so I can make wool soakers/shorties/longies, buying material left and right, stealing DH's old t-shirts for fitteds/inserts, and the list goes on.

I started CDing to save money, and then I started buying diapers and it started getting fun, then I got a kit from diaperkits.com and the rest is history. I'm going to have to find someone else who's pregnant to make diapers for when I make enough for both my DD and my baby coming in October. I definitely know that I'm not saving money anymore though, lol. Any money I would have saved is spent the second I get it, for more stuff to make more.

I cant sew clothes for squat lol but my diapers have come out looking really nice. My DH didnt realize the one I showed him was one I made the other day because he said it looked like the ones we bought
#2 of 14 Old 07-13-2007, 06:06 PM

I think the question would be, anyone NOT obsessed? I think it's a disease.
#3 of 14 Old 07-13-2007, 06:41 PM

I've become obsessed too! And I've barely started sewing. My first attempt was AIO training pants for my daughter. They are cute material, but look hideous, . My second attempt with a different pattern turned out so small after stitched and turned that I've decided it will be a great newborn diaper for my little one due in Oct. except even though it is an AIO, it will need a diaper cover. I used too much elastic so it's like it's not even in there around the legs. The poops will just run out I'm sure. But I have to say, asthetically, it is far superior to the training pants, and that in one day.
#4 of 14 Old 07-14-2007, 09:58 AM

Diaperkit = Momcrack. They should change their policy to "the first one's free." I've become a diaper pusher to support my habit.
#5 of 14 Old 07-14-2007, 01:36 PM

Me, me, me! I started making to sell them, but instead I make one, and it's just so darn cute I have to keep it. My son has way too many, but I keep on going, lol. I find that the more I make, the less I use them (one use then I chuck a cover in the diaper pail so I can use another and justify making more!). It's crazy. With wipies, bibs, and hand/face cloths as well.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#6 of 14 Old 07-16-2007, 12:16 PM

oh yes....so many different patterns, so many differnet materials....too many!! I love it!
#7 of 14 Old 07-16-2007, 04:56 PM

I second the "who isn't obsessed" notion! My baby isn't even here yet, and I've made tons. Just started to knit another soaker just in case he needs anotherl. At least his butt will be cute.
#8 of 14 Old 07-18-2007, 10:16 AM

Count me obsessed too! I am knitting my first soaker and loading up on info to sew the diapers.........lots of fun over poo! lol

Blessed mama to 3 ::
#9 of 14 Old 07-18-2007, 03:44 PM

The very thought of the fabric store and a new cover really gets me all happy and excited. I think about it before bed, dream about making diapers, lol. It's sick!!!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#10 of 14 Old 07-18-2007, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
The very thought of the fabric store and a new cover really gets me all happy and excited. I think about it before bed, dream about making diapers, lol. It's sick!!!
haha yeah me too. I've been knitting my first soaker (which turned into wool capris, but thats another story) and hadnt been able to sew anything this week, but I still kept searching for more and more fabric. My budget is very limited 90% of the time, but that 10% that its not I blow all my money on fabric Plus I always get something from the $1 bin when I go grocery shopping at Walmart.
#11 of 14 Old 07-20-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieFaye View Post
Diaperkit = Momcrack. They should change their policy to "the first one's free." I've become a diaper pusher to support my habit.
Hysterical! And ditto to the pusher....I am even trading diapers for organic veggies, laundering products....you name it. I "hide" behind the cheaper mask lol....I even go to the thrift store to buy my soaker materials out of recycled clothes....but I go EVERY week lol...
~best
#12 of 14 Old 07-25-2007, 10:44 PM

Totally obessed and the babe isnt even here yet. I have a whole bunch of fabric to make mediums out of once we decide which of the patterns worked best for us and Ive had to put it in a closet so I cant see it
#13 of 14 Old 07-28-2007, 04:09 PM

Momcrack. !!!

Oh yeah, totally obsessed. Diaperkit.com was my intro into it too.

Now, every item of fabric in my home is being sized up for it's diaper potential. And I dream about diapers too.

My dh thinks it's hysterical.
#14 of 14 Old 07-31-2007, 01:55 PM

i'm definitely to the whole process! LOL about the mom crack!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page