Mothering Forum banner

Can I show off the diaper I made?

2K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  FillingMyQuiver 
#1 ·
See less See more
#20 ·
That is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen. I am looking so forward to receiving my diaper making supples in teh amil next week.

As a total newbie, first 2 in sposies, last but not least, dd will be in CD. I am at a total loss as what material goes with what to make a cover or an AIO.

Please forgive my absolute ineptness and ignorance, but why did you ahve to wash youur hemp fleece forever? I have ordered some and had planned on washing everything before I started, but didn't realize that some had to go through more than once, how do I know when to stop washing?

I am planning on making some tiny covers ( as a mother of 2 in sposies, I AM used to the trim bottom, sorry) for her first few weeks. She has a 2 vessel cord, which, I am led to understand, that means she propbably will have a low birth weight.

Any help woud be appreciated......Thanks,
Leslie

#22 ·
Thanks, that is a help, I would hate to have my new diaper all wonky because I screwed up the washing process.

Another question while this thread is being so helpful.....
......Can I line a MM windpro fleece cover with anything but micro fleece? What would happen if I tried to line it with flannel? I am still tryin gto get the materials all straight here......Thanks again......

#25 ·
If you line it with flannel, the flannel will absorb just like the soaker, so you could only use the cover part once before having to wash, and you may get more compression wicking b/c of only one layer of fleece. You can get really nice quality micro fleece at JoAnn fabrics, doesn't have to be MM, but the outer needs to be MM b/c of it's waterproof qualities. I've learned after messing with MM and cheaper fleeces how to tell by look/feel what will and won't work. And what will and won't pill. Even the anti-pill fleece most fabric stores sell still pills up, and nothing washes as nicely as MM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.